Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Really poor episode Peggy being a p***k in the butchers has been done when her and Winston fight over the chops. Starting to think whoever said Mick is contractually signed to be in every episode is right as he just gets shoehorned in. The Tam side story was far better than the main one. And that scanner shite wasn’t funny 15 years ago. Certainly no the series it was. Sadly still better than most this pish on these days.

After Margo knocks Bobby out [emoji23]

Let's just say we had a technical problem.
Aye, it was a technical knockout!

Watched that one last night as well.

“Table for one at the Indian Star tonight, Boaby?”

5 hours ago, throbber said:

I thought the latest episode was shit. Why would they do a gag about self scanning machines  at shops in the year 2018? Have old people never seen them before now?

Old people definitely still do this with self-service machines in shops.

Old people definitely still do this with self-service machines in shops.

Well maybe they do, but it’s not exactly something that’s relevant in 2018 as self service machines have been around and confusing old people for over a decade. That guy confusing it for a computer and Isa speaking to it and making chitchat just wasn’t funny at all.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Well maybe they do, but it’s not exactly something that’s relevant in 2018 as self service machines have been around and confusing old people for over a decade. That guy confusing it for a computer and Isa speaking to it and making chitchat just wasn’t funny at all.

Oh it was dreadful, but it happens.

I appreciate Still Game isnt what it used to be but some seem to picking on the sort of thing that always happened. Not realising its a plastic pie for example. Hardly a huge deal.

Also, re the stuff about the scanner and it being 2018, they have never paid much heed to what year it is. That was a wee bit of social commentary on the prevalence of self scanners. Nothing wrong with it really. Expected the episode to be much worse after the reaction on here.

Not a classic, but not utter shite either as some are aying.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I appreciate Still Game isnt what it used to be but some seem to picking on the sort of thing that always happened. Not realising its a plastic pie for example. Hardly a huge deal.

Also, re the stuff about the scanner and it being 2018, they have never paid much heed to what year it is. That was a wee bit of social commentary on the prevalence of self scanners. Nothing wrong with it really. Expected the episode to be much worse after the reaction on here.

9AAEA744-8157-4B08-AC66-C4A73964DED2.jpeg

It was utter shite though, shite storyline and never raised a smile.

Older Still Game episodes weren't a laugh a minute. But they have a certain charm though and concentrate on building a story. Very few of the Jack and Victor scenes in their flats are side splitting, but they set the scene nicely. These episodes are timeless and don't focus on fads or changes in technology etc to be relevant. The older episodes aren't dated at all. 

Some of these modern episodes are trying far too hard to shoe horn jokes in at every chance, and it really shows.

Apologies for getting bored of folk posting "this is shite", "i didnt laugh once" every single week. All I'm saying is its utterly pointless chat which wastes seconds of everyones life.
I'm only on here to read negative reviews of still game episodes to confirm my view that its a tv show as tired and old as its protagonists.

Much more rewarding than these the "aye it was alright, no as good as it used to be but ill still pay £50 to see them rehash jokes on stage at their next live show" crowd.