Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

What we all loved about still game when it hit our tv screens for the 1st time was we could all relate to the jokes, it was new, fresh and what Scottish pensioners do stereotypically.
Move on to the current series and they have reverted to doing silly things to try and force a laugh. It’s as if they have ran out of ideas and it’s become slapstick comedy.
To be honest we are all to blame we all begged it to return, it should’ve been left as it was and we could’ve re-visited the old classics for our laughs. Hopefully that will be the case from now on as I think it’s had it’s day.
I have a channel on an app on my tv which is 24/7 still game, some of the episodes I had totally forgotten about are magic. I’ll stick to this

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

What we all loved about still game when it hit our tv screens for the 1st time was we could all relate to the jokes, it was new, fresh and what Scottish pensioners do stereotypically.
Move on to the current series and they have reverted to doing silly things to try and force a laugh. It’s as if they have ran out of ideas and it’s become slapstick comedy.

To put it another way, it's become Last of the Summer Wine. If they do another series I fully expect to see Jack and Victor speeding downhill in a bathtub on wheels.

5 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

To be honest we are all to blame we all begged it to return, it should’ve been left as it was and we could’ve re-visited the old classics for our laughs. Hopefully that will be the case from now on as I think it’s had it’s day.
I have a channel on an app on my tv which is 24/7 still game, some of the episodes I had totally forgotten about are magic. I’ll stick to this

Like that shite prosthetic they used to make Callum fat

It used to have a bit of grit about it along with proper storylines. Hadn’t noticed but it does seem a bit panto now, Bobby really has changed thinking back. Very disappointing, it’s too try hard now. I didn’t laugh once again last night, barely raised a smile.

Right lads I've had an idea, and since this is a Best Bits thread too I'm going to be doing it and posting about it anyway, so feel free to join in.

I propose a P&B rewatch of Still Game. One episode a week at the same time, 9:30PM on a Thursday. Anyone interested?

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

To put it another way, it's become Last of the Summer Wine. If they do another series I fully expect to see Jack and Victor speeding downhill in a bathtub on wheels.

This.

It's become that type of "gentle humour" that the English supposedly love.

10 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Right lads I've had an idea, and since this is a Best Bits thread too I'm going to be doing it and posting about it anyway, so feel free to join in.

I propose a P&B rewatch of Still Game. One episode a week at the same time, 9:30PM on a Thursday. Anyone interested?

I’d be up for that. No excuses for not watching since it’s on Netflix. Starting with S1E1.

Probably the best post you’ve ever made.

I’m in.

Start from the beginning and work forward.

13 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This'll be fun.

Guest Moomintroll

After watching cairds again I am contemplating taking a day off work to binge on as many episodes I can. It was truly a work of genius back then.

Just caught up with the new series. It's still alright. Mick is absolute cancer, of course. There must be at least a couple of P&Bers who think he's magic, but are keeping schtum for fear of being shunned by all right-thinking men.

Can't believe they got a guest star, even one as forgotten in the UK as Craig Ferguson, and turned his plot into a side-note to Drugs Bunny captaining a sodding boat  <_<

Guest Moomintroll
Just caught up with the new series. It's still alright. Mick is absolute cancer, of course. There must be at least a couple of P&Bers who think he's magic, but are keeping schtum for fear of being shunned by all right-thinking men.
Can't believe they got a guest star, even one as forgotten in the UK as Craig Ferguson, and turned his plot into a side-note to Drugs Bunny captaining a sodding boat  <_>
F**k, an Eagle.

I just had a terrifying thought.

What if they’re using Mick so much because they wanna make a spin-off about him?

I would actually be all for that if it meant you got him out of the main series, I mean just because he got his own show doesn't mean you would have to watch it right!!!

13 hours ago, mizfit said:

I just had a terrifying thought.

What if they’re using Mick so much because they wanna make a spin-off about him?

It would probably be a huge success. Folk seem to love him for some reason.