Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

While it was good in parts, it's time to retire the programme for good and remember the first three series as some of the best Television ever made in Scotland

I enjoyed it apart from Mick. They should give that tiresome c**t his own show, to keep the hard-of-thinking happy, and keep Still Game centred on its classic characters. At least then there would be an excuse for having him in every episode. A full half hour of Mick making Myra-from-Episodes gurning laughs should appeal to the morons.

Thought the first half was alright and they had set it up for a very good ending. As usual though the last part was woeful.

Even thought Mick was ok in the first few parts he was in for once. Again as the episode went on it just got worse and worse.

That should be the last of it for good. Probably the second best (or fourth worst) of the series and it was still shite.

I'll need to watch an old one tomorrow to cheer myself up, haven't seen Big Yin for a while.

Thought it began shite and got far shiter as the episode dragged on.  If Isa's storyline was meant to be even mildly amusing it missed by miles and Mick's was utter crap leaving Boaby's car driving which was also total shite apartt from Winston limping off quickly. The ending yet again was fucking atrocious.

Thank f**k that's the series gone.

Watched 'Swottin'' a couple of days ago on YouTube and the gulf in the number of laughs between then and now is massive. 

Edited by meanmistermustard

The shitty punchlines are annoying and something that they never did until series 6 or 7. For so long, the funniest and most memorable lines from Still Game were always lines like “Shug, and two polis” and “hmmm hmmmm.. hawf two”, now they’re persevering with shite like “where your willy?!” and have done throughout series 7 and 8.

Still Game has always been and will always be one of my favourite ever programmes, but it’s time to call it a day now.

12 minutes ago, smpar said:

The shitty punchlines are annoying and something that they never did until series 6 or 7. For so long, the funniest and most memorable lines from Still Game were always lines like “Shug, and two polis” and “hmmm hmmmm.. hawf two”, now they’re persevering with shite like “where your willy?!” and have done throughout series 7 and 8.

Still Game has always been and will always be one of my favourite ever programmes, but it’s time to call it a day now.

i'd say the same, a lot of the best bits from the earlier series were not obvious jokes, it's almost like they misinterpreted why folk loved it so much and just filled the new ones with slapstick shite

Edited by Fratelli

Was better than last week but that’s not saying much. I did have a laugh at Winston showing up in confession and them jumping in to the river. Mick ruins the whole fucking show though.

I watched Cairds on Netflix the other night and it is the greatest of all time episode. I still crease myself at “EIGHT. TITTIES.” [emoji23]