Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

56 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought Meena stole the show with her lines

She usually does. 

"Govan!"

And of course the Omar Sharif bit. I liked how the woman's coffee mug still hid her face, like they used to do with the neighbour in 'Home Improvement'.

3 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Gina Lolobridgida's Wikipedia page earlier.... :lol:

IMG_20180315_231241.jpg

29249559_10213530798722618_4433487120941

Seems it's been edited multiple times. :lol:

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Fair play to the actor playing Eric btw. He clearly looks unwell and rather than not returning at all he came back and had his character written out.

I was thinking that myself.   In the last series he was showing his age, was pretty obvious that it had been about ten years since the previous episodes, but in the time between series 7 and 8, he looked like he'd aged another ten years.  

I genuinely can't remember any episode where I was "pishing myself the whole time", episodes like their holiday to Canada had me chuckling once or twice. Folks expectations have gone absolutely mental because its been away and they've built it all up their minds that it was far funnier. Getting fucking tedious coming in here and seeing the same folk moaning about only laughing "once or twice" as if thats any different to the show at any point in its history.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I genuinely can't remember any episode where I was "pishing myself the whole time", episodes like their holiday to Canada had me chuckling once or twice. Folks expectations have gone absolutely mental because its been away and they've built it all up their minds that it was far funnier. Getting fucking tedious coming in here and seeing the same folk moaning about only laughing "once or twice" as if thats any different to the show at any point in its history.

Aye - even at its best, Still Game was never a nonstop stream of gags (like, say, Father Ted). It was never meant to be. It was a comedy with laugh-out-loud lines and moments, but it foregrounded recognisable characters and stories.

People looking for a gag production line are watching the wrong show.