Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I’m about as happy-clappy as you can get, and I do think we did play well in the first half yesterday, but I do also think we were helped out greatly by Celtic not having an actual centre-forward on the park otherwise it possibly would have been 3 or 4. 

On 09/10/2019 at 17:05, YassinMoutaouakil said:

To take the Spanish metaphors to their ludicrous extreme, I do actually think Turnbull's "naturalrole is at False Nine. It was more apparent last season when Main and Sammon were lining up to miss chances, but I think a 4-6-0 with DT as the focal point would actually be quite an interesting experiment.

Prescient.

Was just checking the Motherwell Ticket website and it appears that tickets for the Scottish Cup game are on sale for £15 for Adults, £10 for concessions and £5 for 15 and under.

I assume the allocation for morton will be priced the same as well. Hopefully Omicron doesn't result in lockdownas and an empty stadium just like last year's Scottish cup match (which was also against morton in the 4th round).

13 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Was just checking the Motherwell Ticket website and it appears that tickets for the Scottish Cup game are on sale for £15 for Adults, £10 for concessions and £5 for 15 and under.

I assume the allocation for morton will be priced the same as well. Hopefully Omicron doesn't result in lockdownas and an empty stadium just like last year's Scottish cup match (which was also against morton in the 4th round).

120 minutes of absolutely fucking honking football followed by about 5 solid minutes of me laughing out loud. 

48 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

120 minutes of absolutely fucking honking football followed by about 5 solid minutes of me laughing out loud. 

I totally forgot about that game, obliterated it from my memory, there is probably a handful of games i remember watching the entire season, the european games, the formartine game and the hibs one in the scottish.

I have no recollection of the league cup, who we played? who put us out, a total blur !!

St Johnstone put us out of the League Cup, didn't they? We went 1-up I'm sure before losing two late-ish goals. 

Also had no recollection of playing Morton in last year's cup and just had to look it up. I watched it at the time but obviously launched it from my memory pretty sharpish. 

27 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I just remember us being broadly shite but Devante Cole occasion scoring

Wanst it O'Donnell that's scored. A brilliant strike just at the end. Then we immediately let Morton score an equaliser. Its literally the only moments from the ga e that I even remember.

I'm another one that genuinely forgot that we played Morton in the cup last season - it kind of sums up where a lot of us were in engagement at that point I suppose. Also - we must have played Morton more than any other non-top flight team, they all melt into one.

ETA - there it is in all its glory - first time I've seen this TBH.

Edited by Swello

55 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Wanst it O'Donnell that's scored. A brilliant strike just at the end. Then we immediately let Morton score an equaliser. Its literally the only moments from the ga e that I even remember.

:lol: Aye sorry that was my review of the season as a whole, the typo on "occasionally" didn't help

16 hours ago, Desp said:

St Johnstone put us out of the League Cup, didn't they? We went 1-up I'm sure before losing two late-ish goals. 

Aye. I'm sure you ended up with Lamie at LB, isolated against O'Halloran, and he just destroyed him a couple of times.

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Yeah, we (as in a lot of the fans, maybe not the club) were pretty desperate to sign him at one point. Were Rangers looking for us to pay too much of his wages?

We were heavily linked with him in what feels like at least 3 separate windows.

Who can forget...

459842920_ScreenShot2021-12-15at09_24_06.thumb.png.f9f1079c24a68e4de6e69246e1d01b62.png