Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

19 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Raith Rovers squad issues steer me in this direction. My opinion on management won’t change unless followed up with a win at home to St Mirren. 
Defeat today and it’s all over for Hammell unfortunately. 

We don't really have squad issues for this game, other than wee Lewis Vaughan being out with a hamstring strain and Akio being cup-tied. Jamie Gullan should be back up top with Sam Stanton playing just behind.

45 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

We don't really have squad issues for this game, other than wee Lewis Vaughan being out with a hamstring strain and Akio being cup-tied. Jamie Gullan should be back up top with Sam Stanton playing just behind.

I was just starting to enjoy my day too 😁

Just now, RostokMcSpoons said:

That was a truly bold move.  I hope you got good odds

10/11. Won a decent wedge yesterday, unexpectedly, so have £110 on you boys. £100 on Chelsea and £100 on Tottenham.

Zero on the treble, funnily enough!

Evens on Betfair right now, I'm not sure I'd be that enticed tbh!   Not unless that money was molten fire in my sky rocket, like

KVV is 4/1 for first goalscorer.  I might stick all of £2 on that.  Maybe even £3.

I see Mandron's in there at 5/1 ... does that mean he's fit?   I've not watched the pre-match presser yet

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

19 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Evens on Betfair right now, I'm not sure I'd be that enticed tbh!   Not unless that money was molten fire in my sky rocket, like

KVV is 4/1 for first goalscorer.  I might stick all of £2 on that.  Maybe even £3.

I see Mandron's in there at 5/1 ... does that mean he's fit?   I've not watched the pre-match presser yet

Nah, not fit as far as I know. B365 have odds on Goodwillie to score for Raith so....not always accurate.

3 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

Just occurred to me there so sorry if this has been mentioned already, but unless we appoint someone currently out of work then I’m guessing there’s going to be a lengthy notice period to be served if the successful applicant is leaving a similar post. Might not be until next season before we get them in the door. 

If mcginn is fit I don't see the point in not having butcher in his proper position, not giving the kid LB a run here suggests he's rank and I assume MJ being protected against burnout.

The rest meh, there were no obvious options, I'd say playing Tierney and Danzaki who are under contract makes sense but if we're pitching for mckinstry benching him and odd move.

11 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

Was curious if they'd change the structure, but I think sticking with the CEO role is the right choice.

I was going to throw in a speculative application since football experience isn't necessary, but I'm scared I'd actually get it, even if my answer to "why do you want this job" would be "to go on a personal and petty crusade against our twitter roasters."

26 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

So the closing date is 24th Feb. Burrows takes over at Aberdeen on 28th.

We announced Burrows was stepping down on 12th January - although we presumably knew about his intention before that.

Dunno, we obviously need to make sure we don't f**k this up but it doesn't quite square with our statement on Thursday of: "The board had already commissioned a recruitment agent to lead on the identification of a suitable replacement, and we intend to conclude that process as soon as possible."

We conclude the application process in 15 days that's before we even interview and as @stu92 says there's a chance the successful applicant needs to serve notice?

Edited by capt_oats