Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Having seen a fair bit of Luton' s season last year, it's clear Edwards has a very different approach and doesn't value Campbell. Big drop off in game time after he took over. It seems to be a playing style thing rather than personal.

The mad thing to me is that a pressing midfielder, a Kante-type disruptor, is what they have been crying out for in the first two games. They are not going to have the chance to play a possession game against EPL opposition with their resources. Campbell is superbly suited to that pressing role, but instead he'd rather have Tahith Chong and Barkley stroll about ball watching it would seem. I'm obviously biased but it's a weird one as an outsider looking in.

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/edwards-admits-hatters-midfielder-campbell-could-leave-luton-during-transfer-window-4272866

“Asked if the Scottish international had missed the game due to injury, the Town chief said: “Al’s alright, it was just a bit of a selection one to be honest, it felt like what we needed on the bench.

“We absolutely love him, he deserves to play football as well, because he’s the best professional.

“It’s probably a little bit difficult for him to get that game time, so it’s something that we’re looking at, at the moment with him.

“He deserves to play. We love him to bits here as well, so if he’s here, brilliant.”

5 minutes ago, CoF said:

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/edwards-admits-hatters-midfielder-campbell-could-leave-luton-during-transfer-window-4272866

“Asked if the Scottish international had missed the game due to injury, the Town chief said: “Al’s alright, it was just a bit of a selection one to be honest, it felt like what we needed on the bench.

“We absolutely love him, he deserves to play football as well, because he’s the best professional.

“It’s probably a little bit difficult for him to get that game time, so it’s something that we’re looking at, at the moment with him.

“He deserves to play. We love him to bits here as well, so if he’s here, brilliant.”

Sounds like "Kettlespeak" for, he has absolutely no future here and we are actively trying to move him on!

10 hours ago, capt_oats said:

It’s not just the wages though eh?

He’s still under contract and I’d imagine he’d be an attractive pick-up for plenty of Championship level clubs.

I’d be surprised if Luton were just going to give him away like.

To that point…we’ve a sell on as part of our deal with Luton right?

Caught a wee interview with the Luton captain on Sky (I think?) and they were doing the a b c of boring questions, but "Who's the best trainer at the club?" was "Allan Campbell, I have never seen anyone approach training like he does, ever.".

Go on wee Al. f**k 'em.

10 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Caught a wee interview with the Luton captain on Sky (I think?) and they were doing the a b c of boring questions, but "Who's the best trainer at the club?" was "Allan Campbell, I have never seen anyone approach training like he does, ever.".

Go on wee Al. f**k 'em.

Here it is here (should start at the right bit), the wee legend that he is.

Just now, Busta Nut said:

I reckon campbell could play EPL. bottom end for sure but he's probably best going back to the Championship.

James McArthur (a player I really liked) made a more than decent career at a lower end EPL club - he would be a template for Wee Al you would have thought. (I'm not saying Campbell is better than McArthur BTW)

19 minutes ago, Swello said:

James McArthur (a player I really liked) made a more than decent career at a lower end EPL club - he would be a template for Wee Al you would have thought. (I'm not saying Campbell is better than McArthur BTW)

Agreed. I'm glad I can go back to hating Luton though, f**k off Luton.

12 minutes ago, Swello said:

Hope this isn't another fake twitter special like Joel Sked's one from earlier in the week :)

Depending on when @thisGRAEME, Fowler and Joel were recording there's a chance it may have been.

I was having a lovely time boygenius-ing at Connect on Sunday so missed whatever chat was kicking about t'interwebs however Nixon tweeted this on Sunday evening at 7:26pm.

Screenshot2023-08-30at15_26_12.thumb.png.27a3d0ae4bfb391ff9415f5a0af42b25.png

20 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Why is his account protected? Weird for a journo.

Looks like he sells access to his twitter in some way (subscribe to his patreon and he'll allow you to follow him), which is a bit bizarre.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Why is his account protected? Weird for a journo.

50 minutes ago, Swello said:

Looks like he sells access to his twitter in some way (subscribe to his patreon and he'll allow you to follow him), which is a bit bizarre.

I think it's more a case of managing who has access to what he's posting more than monetisation.

I don't subscribe to his Patreon but I follow his Twitter (albeit I was following before he locked it).

The gist seems to be that he just doesn't want the fake ITK accounts ripping off his stuff (regardless of whether it's accurate or not) and it seems his POV is that's the best way to manage it.

Either way his Twitter follower count is 129.8k. His Patreon doesn't show publicly how many subscribers he has but even a relatively small % of his Twitter following at £2 per month based on those numbers would be...a lot.

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, Swello said:

11 Years since one of the my favourite away trips - Europa League playoff after we got papped out the Champions League

Seems strange that they’ve said it was 1-0 when we all know that we scored that night, and nobody looked daft at all celebrating a disallowed goal.