Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

isn’t Reece McAlear one of yours rather than a born and bred Canary?

He is - but they're not wrong. He signed for their u23s so went into their Academy.

Same with McKinstry at Leeds.

Edited by capt_oats

That's how English teams worked for the last few years decades. Arsenal/Man U/Man C prime examples.
Sign youngsters from other clubs hoard them in the unders and claim them as their own.

16 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

That's how English teams worked for the last few years decades. Arsenal/Man U/Man C prime examples.
Sign youngsters from other clubs hoard them in the unders and claim them as their own.

I think it exists at all levels in fairness.

We've even had the likes of Hutchy, Page, Saunders, Hetherington, Cummins, ZFA, MacIver off the top of my head on those kind of terms.

20 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I think it exists at all levels in fairness.

We've even had the likes of Hutchy, Page, Saunders, Hetherington, Cummins, ZFA, MacIver off the top of my head on those kind of terms.

yeah true to an extent. 

29 minutes ago, ropy said:
Mixed emotions about Turnbull’s goal, pleased for him, but Celtic?

I can’t get behind someone playing for Celtic or Rangers.

No hard feelings to the lad, he did what was right for his career and secured the club a good fee, certainly more respect for him than that snake Hastie but still can’t support him while he’s playing for them.

Now when he’s at Barcelona in 2 years then I’ll happily get behind him [emoji6]

FTOF!

Edited by ZX1886

I don't wish Turnbull any harm whatsoever, but I couldn't be arsed about what he does or doesn't do from now on. Weve got £3m plus in the bank, that's all that matters. 

At least we won't have fans turning up at random games to support him, like some did for a Preston North End player. Absolute minter! 

f**k what he does.

IF he get a run and turns up in a Scotland shirt then great. I can get behind him then.
f**k him otherwise and I hope someone boots f**k out him when he comes to FP in a celtic shirt

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The other day I had a daydream about what it'll actually be like when Rangers win the league again and it's... very much not for me. So I'm fully on board with Turnbull securing the 10 tbh.

I've absolutely no problem admitting this is the same for me. It's the far more palatable outcome.

Since everyone is sharing their Turnbull thoughts; I'm definitely not someone who's actively cheerleading for him or am I likely to day trip to go and watch him but equally, I like watching good footballers and he's a good footballer so if he's on the telly I'll happily watch him with no investment in the outcome of the game in the same way I'd happily watch Zidane, Messi, Ronaldo, Riquelme or whoever playing for teams I've no connection with.

So aye, good luck to him. 

To add my thoughts on Turnbull, I would like to see him do well. He got his head down when his first move fell through then signed a new deal to make sure he got what we were due. Its hard to grudge him his move, even if it was to Celtic.

My worry is that he gets too comfy there and goes the way of Scott Brown. At one point Brown was easily good enough to go and play in England but he took the easy option of staying at Celtic and acting the big man against the likes of us. Hopefully Turnbull shows a bit more ambition.

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The other day I had a daydream about what it'll actually be like when Rangers win the league again and it's... very much not for me. So I'm fully on board with Turnbull securing the 10 tbh.

Goes without saying that both options are a complete sickener, but what sways me slightly in the other direction is the thought that Rangers are bound to eventually win it one day, so it might as well be this season when it inflicts maximum damage on Celtic. Then everyone can reset their give-a-f**k-o-meters to zero for at least another decade.

tenor.gif?itemid=12738704

Goes without saying that both options are a complete sickener, but what sways me slightly in the other direction is the thought that Rangers are bound to eventually win it one day, so it might as well be this season when it inflicts maximum damage on Celtic. Then everyone can reset their give-a-f**k-o-meters to zero for at least another decade.

Aye, on the one hand I’m looking quite forward to digging up old photos of my mates doing the ‘10’ hand gesture but on the other if rangers manage to screw this up the scenes from their fans will be incredible.

Either way we’ve got a meltdown to look forward to!

I’d rather chose option 3 and have an Aberdeen or Hibs come from absolute nowhere and take the league.