Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Most of his signings are garbage and we’re stuck with them on long contracts whilst his blind stubbornness with sticking with either underperforming players or mental formations is getting us nowhere. 

Don't actually agree with this, tbf, I think these are all better players than they're showing, either through what they're being asked, or how they're being prepared, f**k knows. 

Not good, and the end result is the same tbh.

26 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

It'll no do, tbh. 

Weird decisions all around, Donnelly, despite looking fucking miles aff it gets a start (the number of passes Donnelly plays without looking is wild) and Deano dropped, Tierney, a bright spot for a couple of games on the bench, playing three wingers as a front three and then being in some way surprised that we don't look faintly like scoring.

United weren't even particularly good and strolled it. Lose on Saturday and the season's done and given how we seem to have approached the cups this season, I'd assume that'll be the case.

7th game since the break and we've now scored 4 goals, 2 of which were against Morton, and aside from some long range strikes from Goss/Donnelly/KVV, we haven't looked like troubling the keeper in any of them.

ETA: Goss is not a good enough player for us to carry him. I swing back and forth on him but ATM: No.

These are basically my thoughts, summed up better than I could. 

Edited by beesher

18 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Don't actually agree with this, tbf, I think these are all better players than they're showing, either through what they're being asked, or how they're being prepared, f**k knows. 

Not good, and the end result is the same tbh.

Agree with this. Look at SOD as a prime example. He's consistently a serviceable international right wing back. Then the bold Grezza hangs him out to fucking dry by trying to play him as a right winger or playing him as an ultra defensive full back. 

As I said before the game, it's the Graham Alexander tactical tombola every game. f**k knows what we'll try on Saturday but I'm expecting our season to be over by 5 o'clock. 

Even if Watt was agitating keeping him was the right move. I suspect part of the move was hastened by Alexander not wanting him around as much as sending him to a rival was mitigated by the nominal fee. However that handbags was rehearsed and sitting waiting to be used just in case he got the chance. So the move had more to it than we know.

United have now leapfrogged us despite a crappy record since New Year it beats our 2 from 18 and a deep into extra time winner against lower league opposition in the cup.

There is no doubt Watt would have made a difference in the last few games.

I'm with everyone else on the "WTF?" when I see starting line ups or changes. My frustration is not for the changes but its who is being changed for whom. Why Slattery is being hooked before any of the other shite is beyond me. Why Cornelius is dropped is beyond me. Why we're treating Goss like he's Koeman in an early 90's Barca is beyond me. Why Tierney wasn't utilised is you guessed it ... beyond me.

Don't know if I agree it was three wingers, I do see Roberts as a centre forward but that square ball, Jesus .... test the keeper at least. That was pivotal, they ran up the park and scored within minutes.

I do feel Alexander's decision making is starting to alienate the squad and he may be on the slippery slope of losing the battle of the dressing room if he's not half way down it already.

Carroll has been seen to be pish but McGinley was rotten for weeks and he never got a start ahead of him. Dean dropped twice now after good showings. Tony citing discontent. Tierney being one of few positives not being started. Slattery bench warming and now doing 1 hour cameo's. I'd agree about SOD but he didn't set the heather alight under Robinson either. The whole thing just stinks.

What does it say to a player when someone who's keeping you out has a mare but they're seemingly teflon.

Edited by Kapowzer

9 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Agree with this. Look at SOD as a prime example. He's consistently a serviceable international right wing back. Then the bold Grezza hangs him out to fucking dry by trying to play him as a right winger or playing him as an ultra defensive full back. 

As I said before the game, it's the Graham Alexander tactical tombola every game. f**k knows what we'll try on Saturday but I'm expecting our season to be over by 5 o'clock. 

SOD is a good example tbf.

But who else is a good player playing below his level and isn't just...not very good? Van Veen maybe? Slattery seemed good but has regressed? I'm struggling with quite a few of the players though. Woolery, Shields, Goss (although will admit he has at least contributed previously) are definitely not for me. Roberts? Na. Amulazor? Almost certainly pish. Ojala looks done to me tbh.  Let's not talk about the LB situation. The new boy Efford is just in the door but the signs aren't good so far. We gave a new long deal to Maguire which honestly baffles me.

Theres some decent players in the squad but my god it's filled with dross as well who can't do the absolute basics a lot of the time. 

Time to put those passports away everyone. I see no way that we make the top 6 this season. I doubt we could even beat Aberdeen since they didn't just roll over to celtic at home.

Its really depressing that all the hard work at the beginning of the season is unravelling and we are basically going to have nothing to play for.

I’m not too worried yet. Aye, it’s pish but go look at our results during the corresponding run of fixtures last time and it isn’t too different.

We just need to try get something from the games vs Aberdeen, I’d take a knock out if we followed up with three points and then go on another run like we did in Nov/Dec after a disastrous October. The fixtures are kind once we get rangers out the way.

360db2254ec2dc5d5a034f007d533dc0.jpg360db2254ec2dc5d5a034f007d533dc0.jpg

c644b5a4589e4bf798d7b3da1c0b91cc.jpg

I didn't see the Hearts game but, Celtic aside, all our league games since the restart have been pretty close, even affairs (i.e shite games with little quality.) I'm not sure if that's exactly a positive, but at least we're not being outplayed by teams, we just look incredibly unlikely to score right now. 

Watt was our most important player, and we were always going to have to tweak things in his absence, but I worry Alexander's running out of ideas in that regard and is just chucking things at the wall by this point. Do we have any nailed on starters right now apart from Kelly, Mugabe and McGinley?

3 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

It’s good that we’re getting to see how the 2019/20 season would’ve played out had it not been called early.

Someone needs to open a wet market in West Crinkledyke or shag a monkey and see if we can get a new Ebola strain ASAP.

What happened here - I've seen a few references to it...

No idea what sparked it but after watt got taken off he went for a parade the long way round the edge of the park and walked past flow who was standing at the tunnel and they had a bit of a shouting match.

Only thing I saw from the tv was watt doing something with our go pro at the net so dunno if it was related to that or or something else was said. Flow naturally played it down on Twitter.

Who needs points, goals , entertainment or a general positive well being when you’ve got a tidy profit? 

The “6 figure sum” we got for shipping out our best player and talisman will not only not offset missing out on the top 6 but likely by dropping about 6 league places due to our utter inability to not create any chances let alone score a fucking goal!

Even a meagre haul of 6/7 points from 18 could’ve seen us sail away on 4th.

Still, money, eh?

Well played everybody.

Edited by Allroy for Prez