Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

If Slattery and brown came into contact it would just be an infinite loop of each of them falling over and the universe would collapse in itself.

But my guess is that Slattery is short of fitness. Both shaw and Cornelius were better suited to the job of shoring things up in the last few minutes too.

The dilemma for GA is whether to go with the same XI next week. It seems like he should, and he used to stick with winning teams in the past, but who knows he may expect a tactical backlash from Aberdeen.

I like the look of efford. I thought his goal was offside at the time, but I'm seeing a lot of comments to the contrary. It's a shame because it was a nice finish. If that had stood we probably would have hammered them.

8 hours ago, rowsdower said:

I like the look of efford. I thought his goal was offside at the time, but I'm seeing a lot of comments to the contrary. It's a shame because it was a nice finish. If that had stood we probably would have hammered them.

He's definitely on. My hot take is there are shades of Ojamaa with his general style.

728335557_ScreenShot2022-02-13at10_02_53.thumb.png.866620e8f2dc64916900f1ff2360a27b.png

Early days still for Efford but you can see there’s definitely something there. Having him and Shields full of pace and running either side of Van Veen worked a treat. 

Never been O’Hara’s biggest fan but I thought he was excellent yesterday and injected a similar energy to the midfield. It looked fairly slow and one paced on Wednesday night but O’Hara seemed to add a bit of dynamism that’s been lacking. Even seemed to rub off on Donnelly who had by far his best game of the season. 

Ojala took a few games to get up to speed at the start of the season and I’m hoping that explains Wednesday night and the opening 15 mins yesterday. After a shaky start here seemed to find his feet and you’ve just got to hope we can get a run of games out him without him breaking down again. 

Also fair play to Rickie Lamie. No throwing his toys out the pram cause he didn’t get his move and it was a match winning tackle to deny Jet at the back post in injury time. Some save from Kelly as well just after it. 

Our home record(outside the OF) continues to be excellent and despite our recent poor run with 3 of our next 4 league games at home to bottom half sides we have a real chance to cement our place in the top 6. 

Edited by Casagolda

On 02/02/2022 at 10:13, well fan for life said:

Hopefully we can get a tune out of American Joe. 

Yesterday's performance wasn't a bad start, and barring a training injury or another GA tactical brain fart he should get another crack at the sheep (no smut intended) next week.

On a semi-related note, has anyone suggested "GI Joe" rather than "American Joe" yet?

8 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Yesterday's performance wasn't a bad start, and barring a training injury or another GA tactical brain fart he should get another crack at the sheep (no smut intended) next week.

On a semi-related note, has anyone suggested "GI Joe" rather than "American Joe" yet?

2DBEE191-C0E6-4FCA-A57A-A33732BD1866.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Gallagher getting booked for that incident is quite something emoji1.png

There's something very satisfying that Gallagher and Scott Brown have had an utterly miserable time against us this season....