Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Good draw for both teams. We’re obviously stronger at home and they are struggling in the league as much as we are. Hibs are unbeaten in their two visits to Fir Park this season. Should be a cracker. The downside is that I think all the games will be on TV so the kick off time will likely get moved.

1 minute ago, Swello said:

I'm annoyingly going to miss the game - but it's as good a draw as we could have hoped for and every chance to go through (Hibs will feel exactly the same)

I am flying on the Sunday so Friday night or Saturday for me please.

Assuming the BBC get this (as Premier Sports will have set up camp in Dundee by tomorrow) then I get the feeling this will be a lunch time kick off on Saturday or Sunday. The old firm games need to be on Sunday or later as their potential next round games would take place on the thrusday prio to this match.

As someone who is a massive fan of schadenfreude, let me tell you, the section of this pod around 13 mins where the boys talking can't even mention KVV's name is absolutely delicious.

"Bullied by one of the more limited players in the SPFL, his record against teams other than Aberdeen really just underlines that."

"The truth is pretty much against everybody else he's been absolutely shite."

Oh my...the absolute disrespect:lol:

As someone who is a massive fan of schadenfreude, let me tell you, the section of this pod around 13 mins where the boys talking can't even mention KVV's name is absolutely delicious.
"Bullied by one of the more limited players in the SPFL, his record against teams other than Aberdeen really just underlines that."
Oh my...the absolute disrespect. [emoji38]
KVV will either go one better and get a hat trick this weekend or he'll have a complete stinker which will likely involve missing a couple of sitters and being sent off.

12 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

KVV will either go one better and get a hat trick this weekend or he'll have a complete stinker which will likely involve missing a couple of sitters and being sent off.

I'll put my £5 on option B please, Clive. 

35 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I mean they were bullied by practically every Motherwell player, limited or not, because if there's one thing we know about this season's Aberdeen team, it's that they've got zero stomach for a battle - shame they had to pick out poor Kev for extra treatment, can't think why.

54 minutes ago, Swello said:

I mean they were bullied by practically every Motherwell player, limited or not, because if there's one thing we know about this season's Aberdeen team, it's that they've got zero stomach for a battle - shame they had to pick out poor Kev for extra treatment, can't think why.

There are few things I enjoy more than teams coming up to fight us (Aberdeen this season and others, rangers in the LC semi, various hibs teams) who realise 20 minutes in we haven't moved an inch. 

David Bates with ten to go wanted to be anywhere but near Kev.

14 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Good draw for both teams. We’re obviously stronger at home and they are struggling in the league as much as we are. Hibs are unbeaten in their two visits to Fir Park this season. Should be a cracker. The downside is that I think all the games will be on TV so the kick off time will likely get moved.

Every opportunity we have had of a decent ko time this season for a good match has been fucked by the TV.

Every chance this one will be exactly the same, sadly.

Our ko time  etc will be dependent on what happens in the Euro matches, I guess.

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Oh that is glorious.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Oh that is glorious.

It's beautiful.

Yer man is so utterly bent out of shape..."If Declan Gallagher gets done by one of Celtic's new signings from the J-League or gets done by somebody like Morelos fine. Declan Gallagher shouldn't be getting done by a guy that came in from Christ! what was it? Rotherham reserves or something like that? It's shambolic."

Scunthorpe chief. It was Scunthorpe United...in League 2. :lol:

Like they weren't absolutely ragdolled on the regular by a boy that we signed from Wrexham in the National League.

Edited by capt_oats

I never like making fun of opposition fans for their mile out comments because we've all been there ourselves but that is indeed glorious. And why wouldn't you expect that to happen to Gallagher on occasion? With the exception of late 2019 and one game in Belgrade it's been his level his whole career.

Slightly off topic of Aberdeen and just looking ahead...

As a few of us have mentioned, the last 5 games is a great chance to really consolidate a top 6 spot for us/push for 4th, as we play 5 of the 'smaller teams'.

It's the main reason I've not been too panicked through this period post winter break as it was always going to be difficult (albeit we haven't picked up quite as many points as I thought). I'd been fully prepared to be down in the bottom 6 and needing those 5 games to make a run at 6th.reallg.

However having a look, prior to that, the next two games should be interesting across the league and could actually see us not dropping like the stone I thought we might.  We've got Aberdeen and Rangers. If we can get a win and 3 pts from that then we might end up just about staying where we are as everyone else cuts each others throats 

Of the teams within 6 pts of us I can't see many picking up two wins other than St Mirren. 

Next two game rounds (three for St. Mirren).

Dundee Utd v Rangers, Aberdeen

Aberdeen Vs Us, Dundee Utd

Hibs Vs Ross C, Celtic 

Livi Vs Dundee, St. Mirren

St. Mirren vs. Livi, Dundee, Hearts

Ross County Vs Hibs, St. J

Get some form together and we could be in for a decent end to the season. 

I think I've said previously that I believe 40 points will be enough to get a Top 6 place.  That means we need 7 points from 7 remaining games.  I think we'll have just enough about us to shitfest our way to 2 wins and a draw.  Probably all at Fir Park, tbf.  A win on Saturday would be a nice start.

Or, we just do what @Busta Nut wonderfully suggested and we just play for consecutive 0-0's from now until the split.  Get Graham Alexander to get the Brexit Back-Six fired up!