Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Gallagher getting booked for that incident is quite something emoji1.png

There's something very satisfying that Gallagher and Scott Brown have had an utterly miserable time against us this season....

Clocked that he'd disappeared from the First Team staff page last month but I see that's Andy Boles moved to a Sports Scientist role at Celtic B (going by this Twitter bio).

We were advertising a S&C coach role back in December.

It's pretty wild the difference we've seen on that side of things since the department was set up.

Edited by capt_oats

van Veen hates Aberdeen. Quotes from the s*n

Van Veen goaded them after Well’s leveller in the 2-1 win and revealed there was no full-time handshake — as he accused them of dirty tricks.

He said: “No, I didn’t shake their hands — not when they disrespect me like that.

"It’s a game but they didn’t come to shake my hand so I’m not going to step forward to shake theirs.

“I’m sorry to say that because I’m not arrogant, I’m humble. But they are arrogant and they got what they deserved.

“I think they had instructions to take me out of the game. It started in the first ten to 15 seconds. The best way to answer them is to score goals.”

In the match at Pittodrie, Brown was doing the same thing to Van Veen, so they have (rightly) identified him as someone that's easy to wind up. The only problem with the plan is that he seems to play really well when he's fired up, so I hope they keep it going on Saturday and that we can persuade some other teams to try it too...

Also - I love when the occasional player steps outside media-trained boring soundbites - much more fun.

On 13/02/2022 at 11:29, Casagolda said:

Our home record (outside the OF) continues to be excellent and despite our recent poor run with 3 of our next 4 league games at home to bottom half sides we have a real chance to cement our place in the top 6. 

This is actually something that's probably worth flagging amongst the noise following losing to United last week. We're at the stage of the season where there's probably enough of a sample size to draw some conclusions. (TL,DR: we're shite away from home).

In terms of our home record the only teams we've lost to (in all competitions) have been Hibs on the opening day, Rangers and Celtic (x2).

P 17 W 11 D 2 L 4 GF 26 GA 23 GD +3

That's good form in anyone's book (and the scuddings we've taken off Rangers and Celtic skew the GA column a fair bit).

The flip is our away form where we've only won three times in 16 games.

P 16 W 3 D 4 L 8 GF 11 GA 23 GD -12

Having a quick look at some of the posts I missed last week in the aftermath of the United game @MP_MFC made the point that there's not much difference between the run of poor form through the first round of fixtures and what we've seen recently - that seems fair comment IMO.

The games we lost in the first round of fixtures were: Hibs (h), Hearts (a), Celtic (h), United (a)...so, 3 of the 3 games we've lost in this round so far.

It's also feels less of a coincidence that of our last 6 without a win in the league 4 have been away fixtures (and we only lost 1 of the 2 at home and that loss was against Celtic).

The question I guess is how we fix that as the home form pretty much nixes the argument from the "we're shite, we'll never win another game" Twitter crowd.

Edited by capt_oats

28 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The question I guess is how we fix that as the home form pretty much nixes the argument from the "we're shite, we'll never win another game" Twitter crowd.

I'm right here mate.

Aberdeen don't count.

4 hours ago, Swello said:

In the match at Pittodrie, Brown was doing the same thing to Van Veen, so they have (rightly) identified him as someone that's easy to wind up. The only problem with the plan is that he seems to play really well when he's fired up, so I hope they keep it going on Saturday and that we can persuade some other teams to try it too...

Also - I love when the occasional player steps outside media-trained boring soundbites - much more fun.

I think this tends to be a thing with Dutch/Belgian players and having no filter when it comes to interviews. Sure there's been a few down south that have came out with disarmingly honest things, by British standards.

8 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I think this tends to be a thing with Dutch/Belgian players and having no filter when it comes to interviews. Sure there's been a few down south that have came out with disarmingly honest things, by British standards.

ted-lasso.gif

38 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Peter Hartley must have a granny in Eindhoven

21 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

It won't matter either way if it has the same poetic ending that the Peter Hartley situation did, but I'd much rather he'd have said it after another succesful result on Saturday.

He's set himself up for a red card or a shiter on Saturday now.

We'll beat them, again, no stress.