Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

12 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

The wee shooting drill we do before matches is genuinely embarrassing at times. 9/10 shots are either scuffed wide or ballooned into the Cooper Stand.

The one constant throughout the years to be fair! Used to love seeing Las doing that drill. 

17 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

The wee shooting drill we do before matches is genuinely embarrassing at times. 9/10 shots are either scuffed wide or ballooned into the Cooper Stand.

As someone who sits directly behind that I am very appreciative of the net they've installed. I mind a few years ago someone along the row from me ended up with a burst nose after someone's terrible shot hit them. 

Also I think it was the Hibs game where Woolery managed to hit the windows at the back of the stand with two consecutive shots. 

5 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Also I think it was the Hibs game where Woolery managed to hit the windows at the back of the stand with two consecutive shots. 

Impressive, not quite as impressive though as a John Philliben shot which rifled passed me standing on the old, pre-Cooper Stand, which arrowed directly into the wee opening at the pie stall!! 🤣

This was during the game, btw!

Edited by KirkySuperSub

20 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Impressive, not quite as impressive though as a John Philliben shot which rifled passed me standing on the old, pre-Cooper Stand, which arrowed directly into the wee opening at the pie stall!! 🤣

This was during the game, btw!

Softy was one of the few players I've seen clear the main stand with a routine clearance.

Also used to love when various Canadian cities got hit during the Zoom days.

Sort of on topic but my favourite warm up drill was when Stephen Mcmanus would get one of the subs to shell balls at him from the halfway line and he would just header it as far as possible. I like to imagine he just spent entire days at training doing that.

14 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Sort of on topic but my favourite warm up drill was when Stephen Mcmanus would get one of the subs to shell balls at him from the halfway line and he would just header it as far as possible. I like to imagine he just spent entire days at training doing that.

Used to see him down at the Starbucks at the palace grounds all the time with a laptop and more stationary than you would expect a lawyer to carry around. Would like to think it was just filled with pages and pages of " heid the baw tae f**k " . 

I remember just before Turnbull, Hastie and Gboly saved our season being bemused at the passing drills we did during the warm up when the match tactics where just to shell it over everyone’s head.

Also Lasley did this thing where he rolled it to the side of a player behind their back and they’d run through and shoot. We hardly score any goals with a through ball.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

As someone who sits directly behind that I am very appreciative of the net they've installed. I mind a few years ago someone along the row from me ended up with a burst nose after someone's terrible shot hit them. 

Wonder if we're thinking of the same incident but a number of years ago I remember one of the younger players absolutely smashing a ball during this drill that caught a young lad right on the coupon. The impact was like nothing I've seen at the fitba and the wee fella, from a seated position, got hit so hard that the seat folded back to it's upright position taking the his legs with it. Would have been comical if folks weren't genuinely concerned that he was ok!

2 hours ago, Mr Hahn said:

Wonder if we're thinking of the same incident but a number of years ago I remember one of the younger players absolutely smashing a ball during this drill that caught a young lad right on the coupon. The impact was like nothing I've seen at the fitba and the wee fella, from a seated position, got hit so hard that the seat folded back to it's upright position taking the his legs with it. Would have been comical if folks weren't genuinely concerned that he was ok!

Aye I do remember that one. There's been a few of them. Callum Elliott also burst the arse out a seat next to me with a wayward shot. Poor fucker was probably shattered from getting out his bed at 8am and going to his work.