Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

"Motherwell... are looking for a young and aggressive Japanese, and have singled out Danzaki."
I'm guessing it's the translation but this makes it sound as if Hammy's just decided he wants any Japanese player in the squad. I hope it was a more targeted recruitment than that! I am all for increasing our international contingency again, since we lost Ojala in the summer. And for those not on Twitter, the seethe this has created with the Green Cheek fans is a joy to watch.

Also, for those who may have missed it on account of actually having a life, we were an answer on Tipping Point too!
#massiveclub

What was the question ? Copa del Rey ? 

1 hour ago, JamesP_81 said:

What was the question ? Copa del Rey ? 

Nothing so difficult, it was just "Which Scottish football team plays at Fir Park?" lol.

They ran out of time, but I doubt the retired wee auld dear from a village in middle England would've got it anyway.

2 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Danzaki in the starting lineup for Brisbane, game starts soon, I think I'll watch to see Aldred in all his glory. 

I'm with you and up for Danzaki breakfast show (mainly due to the 10 month old baby in my house)

Edit: 3 mins, Riku fell over. He's playing as one of 2 forwards who are sitting behind the striker.  But more worryingly there is a player called Josh Laws and another called Callan Elliot playing here. Alt universe Motherwell in play. Shudder.

8mins: Bold Riku played a nice through ball in for an assist which the other player stuck in the net. Alas, it was just offside so goal chopped off.

14mins: Shout out for the Well. Bit of chat about Danzaki potentially moving to us and then the commentator said 'they've just signed Mikael Mandron from League 2 Gillingham, unbelievably'. More in relation to the SPFL signing Aussie or Aussie based players I think rather than throwing Mika some shade.

25 mins: chance for Riku. Could have got a quick shot away in and about the penalty spot but was tight so tried to take a touch. He's a bit more involved now. Promising I'd say so far. Pretty quick, closing the ball down all over and getting in good spots in the box.

40 mins: Riku dropped out the game for a wee while there as Brisbane got a bit deep but decent few touches last few mins. He's linking things up nice enough between midfield when he can and pretty tidy ball use wise. Often the most forward player in the team making runs and hovering about the penalty spot.  Nice bit if two footed skill out wide there to play a team mate in. Got sacked in the middle of the park where he could have made a quicker decison.

Half time: If we do sign him, on that first half showing he could be a decent addition. He's not been kicked by Alan Power before though so would be interested to see how that side of his game is.

60: Got bored and watched the golf for a bit. The game quality is....not great. From what I can see Riku still making good forward runs into the box but the ball is getting pinged over him. He's had the ball a couple of times on edge of box but getting crowded out.

72: Riku aff. Decent shift if not spectacular. A lot of that down to how poor Brisbane are I'd say as he wasn't really in the game for large parts even even though he was continually asking for the ball. 

Coffee 

Edited by eliphas

7 hours ago, capt_oats said:

h/t @gregthewellfan

combined with @RandomGuy.'s post on the other page this is interesting (that miss @dezz posted is fucking hilarious though)

FWIW im fairly sure that miss isnt Mandron and is from some Belgian league player.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW im fairly sure that miss isnt Mandron and is from some Belgian league player.

Aye. I was sure I’d seen it before. It’s Aster Vranckx playing for KV Mechelen - link

On first glance the colours are similar to Bradford but nah it’s not Mandron.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886e7mf6unt96srdiins6

My sincerest apologies to big Mik for confusing him with that jobber.

Just watched back SH’s presser from yesterday, I’m very much reading between the lines here but I thought his comments around Penney suggested there was a chance he was sticking around…‘hopefully after the game we’ll be able to confirm that one way it another’. Maybe reading far too much into it but the inclusion of ‘hopefully’ sounds more positive..maybe? 

Edited by dezz

1 hour ago, dezz said:

My sincerest apologies to big Mik for confusing him with that jobber.

Just watched back SH’s presser from yesterday, I’m very much reading between the lines here but I thought his comments around Penney suggested there was a chance he was sticking around…‘hopefully after the game we’ll be able to confirm that one way it another’. Maybe reading far too much into it but the inclusion of ‘hopefully’ sounds more positive..maybe? 

Certainly better than "not hopeful".......

Be one less position to worry about.

8 minutes ago, ropy said:

Slattery’s absence will give us the opportunity to change things, will that involve any of the new guys?

Crankshaw in from the start maybe? Mckinstry, Spittal and Crankshaw the 3 behind KVV with Goss and Cornelius sitting deeper maybe? Very lightweight midfield though. 

25 minutes ago, dezz said:

Crankshaw in from the start maybe? Mckinstry, Spittal and Crankshaw the 3 behind KVV with Goss and Cornelius sitting deeper maybe? Very lightweight midfield though. 

Aye, having complained for ages about being soft, going with Spittal and Goss in the same midfield trio is not the move I'd make.

On the basis 3-5-2 is off the table, I'd go:

MJ, McGinn, Lamie, Penney

Cornelius, Maguire (!), Goss

Spittal, KVV, Mckinstry 

But let's be honest, there is no great option available.

Is Mandron likely to be registered in time?

Regardless, I’d go:

Kelly

Johnston Sol Lamie

McGinn Penney

Crankshaw Cornelius McKinstry (or Tierney)

KVV Mandron (or McKinstry)

McGinn and Penney as wing backs, but McGinn could tuck into the midfield if needed with Johnston pushing out.

f**k it, throw the newbies in, what’s the worst that could happen?

Edited by one m in Motherwell