Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Broner doesn't have many good wins but when you look at power and toughness proven against bigger men you've got to hand it to him. How many rounds did Maidana and Porter pummel him for and he still came close to having them in the later rounds. He's no Kell Brook or O'Hara Davies.

Porter and Maidana  are proper 147s and very tough. Think the Porter knockdown is the only one he's suffered and he's been in with Thurman and Brook. Was also a 165 amateur. 

Edited by Boostin' Kev

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Unsure if whooshing... Broner Garcia on Sky and UFC on BT

Not whooshing, thought the boxing thread would be good place to ask. What time is the Sky bout on? I'm not into that UFC stuff really. Too sadomasochistic for my liking.

How two judges managed to call it 116-112 is beyond me, that was 120-108, 119-109 at worst, an absolute schooling.

Always equate Mikey Garcia to Raul when he was in his prime at Real Madrid. There's nothing particularly flashy or fancy, but everything he does is 8 out of 10, everything is solid and it combines to make an excellent all rounder. If Crawford beats Indongo, then Crawford v Garcia for all the belts would be sensational.

Disgrace that the Charlo fight went four rounds, that should have been stopped by both the ref and corner after round two. Was clear to absolutely everyone that Heiland couldn't stand up. Was just lucky that he didn't get seriously hurt.

As predicted Broner not even in Garcia's league. Broner got 3-4 rounds at the very most if you're being generous.
Broner fought scared as well for the first 8 rounds or so. Usually he plants his feet and tries to let punches roll over his shoulders and head but he just danced about like audley Harrison twitching and scared to commit.

I forgot that Garcia took about 2 years out of the ring. He's a classy operator, was fighting perfectly in the pocket last night..Broner was as humble and classy in defeat as you'd expect.

Aye my missus came down at the end of the fight and when the camera panned to Broner for his interview and before he started speaking she said "why are they all booing him?"
I didn't need to explain once he started talking.

If Crawford beats Indongo, then Crawford v Garcia for all the belts would be sensational.

Though any future match may be a big money spinner, at present, Garcia doesn't hold ANY belt at SL.
Crawford/Indongo IS for ALL the belts.

Given the turn of events over in Belfast at the weekend, it emerges that Carl Frampton's position as a Director of Cyclone Promotions had been terminated just a few days before. Any significance?

12 hours ago, kiddy said:

Though any future match may be a big money spinner, at present, Garcia doesn't hold ANY belt at SL.
Crawford/Indongo IS for ALL the belts.

12 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Crawford beats Indongo for my money. Garcia vs Crawford is veeery tasty. But as you say, Garcia doesn't hold any belts.

Yeah, sorry, I'm aware of that. What I mean is that a fight between the two would generate a sizeable amount of money and interest, and none of the Governing bodies are going to want to miss out on that, so all four of Crawford's belts would almost certainly be on the line in what would be a genuine 'best in the division' fight.