Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Guess a lot will depend on how powerful and durable he can be at the higher weights. He can clearly box rings around people with his unbelievable ability but he certainly can’t afford to walk onto shots like he did last night with heavier guys.

1 hour ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Guess a lot will depend on how powerful and durable he can be at the higher weights. He can clearly box rings around people with his unbelievable ability but he certainly can’t afford to walk onto shots like he did last night with heavier guys.

Yet at the same time that's the way he's having to go to have competitive fights. Even as good as Linares was he was thoroughly outclassed for the most part.

3 hours ago, GiGi said:

Yet at the same time that's the way he's having to go to have competitive fights. Even as good as Linares was he was thoroughly outclassed for the most part.

For the most part of what?

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

*Looks at thread title*

OEL.gif

That's exactly what I was like when I read your post, think I shook my head a bit as well.

On 5/13/2018 at 11:50, JMDP said:

Fantastic fight, real high level stuff. As much as Lomachenko was in charge, I had it level going into 10. Thought Linares nicked rounds effectively at times. 

Great movement, footwork and hand speed from Loma all fight though and the body shot was a beauty. Didn't even see it on first viewing. 

I thought very similar. Whilst most of Lomachenko's round wins were clear, I thought Linares was nicking just as many. Started to look like a procession after about 3 rounds until Linares scored the knockdown. Thoroughly enjoyed it though. 

Wondering what his next step is. Bob Arum seemed to suggest a unification with Beltran would be more likely than Mikey Garcia. I can't see him stepping up too many more divisions and the power he felt from Linares might be a bit of a reality check. If he were to beat Garcia, I'm not sure he'd entertain many more at lightweight. There aren't any major names at super-lightweight (at the moment) either. They might try and convince Crawford to come back down one or get to a catchweight for a proper 'Pound for Pound' clash.

On 5/15/2018 at 13:52, kiddy said:

Has Fury announced who he's fighting yet?

Not that I've seen. 

Warren apparently slipped up at one of the press conferences and said Kevin Johnson's name. Talk of Shannon Briggs too. 

Not that I've seen. 
Warren apparently slipped up at one of the press conferences and said Kevin Johnson's name. Talk of Shannon Briggs too. 
Kevin Johnson must be the size of a driving range these days.

Shannon the Cannon, as ever, would be funny.

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Kevin Johnson must be the size of a driving range these days.

Shannon the Cannon, as ever, would be funny.

Just looked Kingpin up and surprisingly he's boxed 5 times since Joshua. 3 wins and two defeats (one a TKO to unbeaten Peter Milas in March 18 and the other a UD loss to Pulev in April 17). Having seen that, wouldn't be surprised if it's him since he's staying reasonably active. Will probably be a bit of a punchbag that will hang in there for a while against Fury.