Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Can’t agree with that. Groves tried to land his right on numerous occasions from the 3rd round onwards once things had opened up (and did a few times), but Smith’s reach advantage and the fact he boxed so well from distance largely negated it. If you watch it again, Groves actually showed a fair bit of variation in the shots he was throwing, it’s just that Smith’s distance control was so good on the night that they didn’t come off.

I watched it again yesterday and still had it 3-3 going in to the 7th. Was a tremendous fight. Would love to see them go again.

That’s what I was getting at though. Groves kept the same stance almost all fight changing things up very little, and despite the occasional right getting through, (perhaps due to Smith being a less experienced boxer) he became very predictable. I think if they go again, Smith wins again, only more convincingly next time. Groves genuinely looked like he was going to cry after the fight, he was properly rattled. If they decide to go again I hope Groves takes the time to get his head right as much as doing the training. I’m not sure what Groves prospects would be if Smith beats him again, especially if it’s a more comprehensive hiding. I like Groves and would hate to see him being properly finished.

I like Wilder and Fury as characters but this build up is going to be intolerable.
Shenanigans at the first presser today where they had to be separated. What a load of bollocks.
Agree with you all this come on let's spar. Just utter pish looking forward to it though.

I like Wilder and Fury as characters but this build up is going to be intolerable.
Shenanigans at the first presser today where they had to be separated. What a load of bollocks.
Aye, separated by Frank Warren! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Whoever conceived and produced that press conference needs launching into the sun along with the 9 stone matron host Paul Dempsey, totally out of his depth.

Fury rattled the f**k out of Wilder, commanding Alpha performance.

Edited by banana

Fury's endless variations on "Big Bronze Dosser" are funny but there's no disguising the "beef" is all forced and that the two of them like each other. 
Its sad, but only an idiot either buys into it, or even needs there to be a "beef" to want to see a fight. Appealing to the morons with this stuff.

When there is a real hate there, it adds a dynamic to the fight but thats few and far between. Barrera v Morales for example.

What really irritates me most about it is the fact that it just isn't required. Both are huge names in boxing, both unbeaten, both are / have been world champions, both are in the top three within their division and an argument could easily be made for each to be considered the best in their division, and both are on record multiple times with their respect, admiration and liking of the other. The fight sells itself, it doesn't need the 'drama'.

2 hours ago, supermik said:

Rip.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graciano_Rocchigiani

Thought Chris Eubank was magnificent the night they fought. His ring entrance was incredible, thousands of Rocky supporters were baying for blood and Eubank just stood on the ring apron and stared down at them all.

Epic.

Never understood the lack of boxing respect/rating for Eubank, boy was a machine.

20 minutes ago, banana said:

Epic.

Never understood the lack of boxing respect/rating for Eubank, boy was a machine.

One of the best chins into the bargain.

What really irritates me most about it is the fact that it just isn't required. Both are huge names in boxing, both unbeaten, both are / have been world champions, both are in the top three within their division and an argument could easily be made for each to be considered the best in their division, and both are on record multiple times with their respect, admiration and liking of the other. The fight sells itself, it doesn't need the 'drama'.

If that was true they wouldn’t be acting to try sell the fight.

They are trying their best acting to do so sadly it’s just a complete embarrassment wilder is not a big name in America either is fury.

The first on in America yesterday reminded me of the McGregor/Mayweather shite. It really is cringe a minute.

The only positive is that Uncle Frank hasn't had to say much so no referring to Tyson Fury as Josh Warrington or something like that. The auld b*****d doesn't know what day it is.