Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

This ones for you Tam - tonight’s spontaneous trip to the football :lol:

IMG_2979.jpg

Had no idea it was a National League game until I asked someone outside the ground who had to admit “we were relegated last season.” Snigger. Looking forward to seeing the standard compared to our “pub league.”

3 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Particularly when I think Clive Smith in his handful of games looked much more assured than Comrie has of late and Smith's playing for Southport now (I think he's still there)

Signed a six month deal with them in December, made five starts, and vanished off the face of the planet. He's no longer listed in their squad list, isn't highlighted in their 2017/18 squad list as being one who left, and there's never been a mention of him either extending his deal or leaving. 

Surprising, tbh, he looked decent. 

35 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

This ones for you Tam - tonight’s spontaneous trip to the football :lol:

IMG_2979.jpg

Had no idea it was a National League game until I asked someone outside the ground who had to admit “we were relegated last season.” Snigger. Looking forward to seeing the standard compared to our “pub league.”

I don't mind folk liking football jamama, I love the game and would gladly(and have done)go along to watch games. I do however hate 10 team twats, as you well know. Anyway enjoy and do a bit of scouting when you're there.

I don't mind folk liking football jamama, I love the game and would gladly(and have done)go along to watch games. I do however hate 10 team twats, as you well know. Anyway enjoy and do a bit of scouting when you're there.

Did I forget to say I’m a Chesterfield fan? [emoji6]

Cheers brother

So our Marketing and PR guru has been in the job for over a month now, has anyone noticed a difference? Apart from the shitey Twitter pics of the advertising boards has there been any new content? Wish I could get away with a couple of posts of Random shite on Twitter and a couple of after match interviews. Is the c**t on players hours?

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

So our Marketing and PR guru has been in the job for over a month now, has anyone noticed a difference? Apart from the shitey Twitter pics of the advertising boards has there been any new content? Wish I could get away with a couple of posts of Random shite on Twitter and a couple of after match interviews. Is the c**t on players hours?

Guy on WAP  says that Gary is on holiday.

Oh ffs. What a fucking amateur day to day running business the club is. Any normal business identifies weaknesses, changes it and strives to improve as a whole. Not fucking Saints, they plod along and hope it'll be the same as last year. 

Some fucking club lads, some fucking club.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Oh ffs. What a fucking amateur day to day running business the club is. Any normal business identifies weaknesses, changes it and strives to improve as a whole. Not fucking Saints, they plod along and hope it'll be the same as last year. 

Time of the month tam? 

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Surely even Saints staff are allowed holidays?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Time of the month tam? 

Had to go into work to sort a c***s f**k up this morning because he's fucking useless. It's had a knock on effect for my daily jaunt to the festival, meaning less drinking time with my laddie and missing a couple of shows I wanted to see. I like to keep updated on all things saints as I travel and what's happening at the club is just shite, utter utter shite.

On the plus side at least Gary canny f**k anything up just now.

Had to go into work to sort a c***s f**k up this morning because he's fucking useless. It's had a knock on effect for my daily jaunt to the festival, meaning less drinking time with my laddie and missing a couple of shows I wanted to see. I like to keep updated on all things saints as I travel and what's happening at the club is just shite, utter utter shite.

On the plus side at least Gary canny f**k anything up just now.

Literally f**k all has happened.

If I was a lifelong Saints fan that had just landed my dream job with them but couldn't cancel a pre-arranged holiday, I'd still be giddy enough to be doing some 'work' most days given you could do most of what's needed anywhere with decent broadband. Bar, beer, phone, quick internet session, jobs a good un.

52 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

If I was a lifelong Saints fan that had just landed my dream job with them but couldn't cancel a pre-arranged holiday, I'd still be giddy enough to be doing some 'work' most days given you could do most of what's needed anywhere with decent broadband. Bar, beer, phone, quick internet session, jobs a good un.

Why not volunteer to do it while he's away on holiday then? 

Why not volunteer to do it while he's away on holiday then? 

Don't think that attitude is helpful at all, TBH. Saints have plenty of folk who volunteer already and I'm sure would produce plenty of good content if given encouragement, support and a little backing. You can debate the holiday point but even before that, the quality and quantity of the output hasn't been nearly good enough.

This job wasn't a poisoned chalice, folk weren't itching to be on his back, we saw that with the esteem that Ross Cunningham is (still) held in by fans. As first impressions go, it's hard to come up with much positive for the new guy.

Now maybe he's doing a lot behind the scenes and away from the media aspect of the job but the club directly told us they were looking for someone to come in and improve that side of things, so he's always going to be judged on that.

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

Don't think that attitude is helpful at all, TBH. Saints have plenty of folk who volunteer already and I'm sure would produce plenty of good content if given encouragement, support and a little backing. You can debate the holiday point but even before that, the quality and quantity of the output hasn't been nearly good enough.

This job wasn't a poisoned chalice, folk weren't itching to be on his back, we saw that with the esteem that Ross Cunningham is (still) held in by fans. As first impressions go, it's hard to come up with much positive for the new guy.

Now maybe he's doing a lot behind the scenes and away from the media aspect of the job but the club directly told us they were looking for someone to come in and improve that side of things, so he's always going to be judged on that.

He has improved output, the constant mentioning of sponsors is a positive step from the business side of things and there seems to be far more response from the club over social media platforms. 

What are folk wanting in the week between games? 

The only issue I have is no match highlights. 

He has improved output, the constant mentioning of sponsors is a positive step from the business side of things and there seems to be far more response from the club over social media platforms. 

We are really clutching here if pictures of billboards is quality output. Does one single fan give a f**k about that?

I feel you are playing devil's advocate here.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm struggling to see many examples of that to be honest, unless you count the reduction in emojis on the twitter feed.