Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

30 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Is this loan interest free? If that’s the case it would be pretty stupid not to take it. 

Yup, it's interest free. 

21 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Aberdeen interested in taking Callum Hendry on loan.

Just how fucked financially are they?

When I heard the rumours about us sending Callum Hendry out on loan somewhere, I assumed it would be to a diddy Championship club. Aberdeen are taking our 4th-choice strikers on loan? Are we bigger than Aberdeen nowadays? Anyway, thanks to them in advance. Hopefully they'll get his confidence back up so he can eventually return here in better form and with an improved mindset.

9 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Yup, it's interest free. 

Then why are people against it 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

We don’t have to go out and spend every penny (although admittedly I would enjoy watching that). Hookers just kicking about the McDiarmid board room like it was Wolf of Wall Street.

16 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Callum Hendry, lads. 

Any good?

I saw this rumour starting to emerge 😅 I had been told that Saints were willing to let him go out on loan but to Aberdeen ? 🤔 He is potentially a very good player  but has not adapted to our new system and his confidence seems to have gone.

I saw this rumour starting to emerge [emoji28] I had been told that Saints were willing to let him go out on loan but to Aberdeen ? [emoji848] He is potentially a very good player  but has not adapted to our new system and his confidence seems to have gone.

I’d rather we let him go on loan to a championship club who’d be able to guarantee him game time weekly. Not sure Aberdeen would be willing too if he doesn’t hit the ground running.

31 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Callum Hendry, lads. 

Any good?

He was brilliant last season, mostly coming off the bench, then establishing himself as our main striker.  Had a good goal return as well.

Got a good contract deservedly, and started this season with a lot of expectation.  It never happened for him and he's dropped out of the picture.

Not everyone feels this way, but I personally think he's got great potential. He's very direct, greedy around the box, can beat a player, wins headers, is athletic and is no slouch speed wise.  His hold up play needs to improve, as does his temperament, as he's been sent off twice against yourselves for late lunges when he's been frustrated.  I think he has a lot of attributes, he just needs to put it all together and perform consistently.  He has scored a fair few from headers/ attacking crosses, so with Kennedy's quality of delivery it could be quite effective.  Combined well last season.

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Callum Hendry, lads. 

Any good?

Needs to play in a front two and have chances put on a plate for him.

15 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Next.

Yeah, it's a bit weird seeing neutrals on Twitter trying to paint him as some brilliant striker tbh. He's nowhere near mature enough to start for us never mind Aberdeen. 

FWIW the Hendry to Aberdeen deal makes literally no sense for any party involved.

Aberdeen get a shite striker, Hendry continues sitting on a bench, we're likely stuck with him coming back this Summer still with zero confidence.

Arbroath would've been a great move for him, but he'd probably reject it.

I think ‘shite striker’ is pretty harsh. He’s been out of sorts this season and has definitely regressed but his goals pulled us out of a massive hole last season. Might be for the best that he moves on and it’s fair to say it’s surprising he’s being linked with an upward move but I think he deserves a bit better than being called shite. 

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think ‘shite striker’ is pretty harsh. He’s been out of sorts this season and has definitely regressed but his goals pulled us out of a massive hole last season. Might be for the best that he moves on and it’s fair to say it’s surprising he’s being linked with an upward move but I think he deserves a bit better than being called shite. 

Maybe, maybe not.

He scored vital goals last season, but my views on his 19/20 are well known now. Any other season he probably finishes up with about 3 goals, and misses a couple of last minute chances to save us.

Biggest problem for me is how he's not matured in his play. Still doing more than he needs too on the ball, still too rash defensively, still easy for opponents to take him out a game mentally. Away to St Mirren all Doyle-Hayes had to do was catch him off the ball once and Hendry spent the rest of the game within 5 yards of him clearly waiting for an opportunity to nail him, while his 9 team mates were desperately trying to hold onto a much needed point while a man down. 

Hes obviously got great ability on the ball, and could be a great poacher, but he's 24 this year, not even a year younger than Kerr/McCart, but plays like a kid IMO.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW the Hendry to Aberdeen deal makes literally no sense for any party involved.

Aberdeen get a shite striker, Hendry continues sitting on a bench, we're likely stuck with him coming back this Summer still with zero confidence.

As much as this will annoy folk... doesn't his xG from last season prove it wasn't a sustainable run of form?

I'm sure I've seen you post it before.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It makes sense if Aberdeen want to pay us for him,and we get someone better in,

It's RandomGuy though.

8 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

As much as this will annoy folk... doesn't his xG from last season prove it wasn't a sustainable run of form?

I'm sure I've seen you post it before.

He massively outperformed it.

Someone like Steven MacLean was able to consistently outperform it for us, but to a lower level than Hendry did. When MacLean inevitably started missing chances though, he'd just kept going, getting in positions, and bagged them again eventually. 

Hendrys head went down, started getting wild with chances, kept missing them, and now barely plays so can't recover his form.

Mentally he seems weak as a striker. All the aggression/passion/technical ability in the world means absolutely nothing if you can't control your emotions. Hes clearly got massive ability, but if he doesn't sort his head out on the pitch he'll never fulfill it.

All IMO of course, before anyone goes mental at me. I just watched clips of all his misses this season and there's a clear progression in how upset he visibly is after each one. Almost in tears by the end.

6 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

It makes sense if Aberdeen want to pay us for him,and we get someone better in,

Nah it doesn't help us. Hendry contracted for next season and does have potential. A lower league loan that's arguably below his level, where he can learn a lone striker role, bag goals and get confident, and return next season the best option IMO.

Arbroath would've been perfect. Lone striker, hard working side, Dick Campbell.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

It's RandomGuy though.

Yeah this.

Shite maybe harsh but at the end of the day he's 4th choice behind Kane, and an off the boil Stevie May, and I doubt anyone would really argue with him being 4th choice this season?

This'll sound daft, but his goals last season and ability to do things off the cuff once or twice every few matches seem to cloud opinions of him.