Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

What would you offer Spoony, 33 years old and out for a year? 

Are you seriously comparing Wotherspoon, whos been a regular player, and star performer for us, for the past 3 years to Devlin, whos has more injuries than hes played games in the same timeframe?

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you seriously comparing Wotherspoon, whos been a regular player, and star performer for us, for the past 3 years to Devlin, whos has more injuries than hes played games in the same timeframe?

No I’m not! Everyone seems obsessed with our squads age, so wanted to know what a 33 year old, out for a year is worth, that ok? 

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

No I’m not! Everyone seems obsessed with our squads age, so wanted to know what a 33 year old, out for a year is worth, that ok? 

Wotherspoon isnt just any 33 year old.

7 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

I do,but apparently,some ageing players are exempt from that analogy 

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wotherspoon isnt just any 33 year old.

Just now, Kyle said:

We’ve made a 6 figure offer for Jordan White. 30 years old. No resale value. 

why do we keep chucking money at these kinds of players? Utterly ridiculous waste of money. 

He’s also not that good…

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Again, where the f**k has this come from?

The complete arse clown of a manager. 

No doubt he’ll now want to punt Bair, a young player we also paid 6 figures for. 

White was a bit of a joke with us, didn’t have the quality at Championship level years ago. Seems to have been run out of Motherwell for being shite and seemed to just get by at Ross County, 6 figures would be insane 

3 hours ago, Widge said:

If it’s a 6 month deal to prove his fitness and provide cover then sure, I’m ok with it. If however and we know this will be the case he gets a long term contract thrown at him, then f**k that for a laugh. 

I would like to think that one of the few advantages to the club being actively marketed right now is that it stymies our manager in tying up any new players on long term deals. Especially older ones.

But then again, I've had a few drinks.