Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Says a fan of a team who utterly embarrassed Scottish football in Andorra! Lol

We’ve got a second leg to turn things around, if we don’t do that on Thursday then we will rightly take back the mantle of Scotland’s laughing stock.

Can you point on the calendar to when St Johnstone’s second legs against Stenhousemuir, Ayr and Stirling will be? That’s some deficit that needs overturned eh?

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Still baffles me i read someone saying our squad was better than last season, we're clearly the worst squad in the division with the exception of Dundee. Dundee have a manager who'll shitfest though.

Gambling on a season like this necessary to sort the shitshow out, but relegation feels kind of inevitable as the ultimate price paid.

Max really isnt for me.

Were you not jumping up and down about him not getting a chance last year?

0/10 is generous for May today - absolutely devoid of ability and belief today, albeit he was robbed of going clean through by awful linesmanning.

Gordon should be  ashamed of himself - given the task of seeing a young team through a meaningless game and he completely posted missing. Embarrassing stuff. Doesn't bode well if he is captain material.

Sinclair was awful for all four goals, although I wonder if the corner was turned in by Jephcott. Mitov clearly now starting GK

Some of the young lads conducted themselves pretty well in the circumstances, especially some of those which came on.

Philips was poor and complacent. Jephcott a bit useless and looks overweight. Gallacher jumpy again.

Missing (and not Crawford) was - Carey, Wright, Kane, Clark, Booth?

I can't wait to see Kane playing again.

Worst of all - the commentary 

The fact it was meaningless and some goals were bloopers helps reduce the amount to be read into this - but obviously that wont and shouldn't reduce other team's enjoyment of it.

Edited by FrankChickens1

3 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

0/10 is generous for May today - absolutely devoid of ability and belief today, albeit he was robbed of going clean through by awful linesmanning.

Gordon should be  ashamed of himself - given the task of seeing a young team through a meaningless game and he completely posted missing. Embarrassing stuff. Doesn't bode well if he is captain material.

Sinclair was awful for all four goals, although I wonder if the corner was turned in by Jephcott. Mitov clearly now starting GK

Some of the young lads conducted themselves pretty well in the circumstances, especially some of those which came on.

Philips was poor and complacent. Jephcott a bit useless and looks overweight. Gallacher jumpy again.

Missing (and not Crawford) was - Carey, Wright, Kane, Clark, Booth?

I can't wait to see Kane playing again.

Worst of all - the commentary 

Hard to disagree with much of that. Too little leadership being shown.

I seriously think Liam Gordon needs to hang his head in shame. Has been terrible since the season we won the cup double in. I thought he was back to his best at the start of Macca's reign playing in the 4 back last season.

But not only is he showing a sheer lack of leadership he consistently fails to shown any sort of defensive capability. 

Edited by Jamesy96

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, maybe you should rethink that transfer strategy lads.

We cant. We had about 40 players last season and had the biggest financial loss in our history.

Culling the squad to its bare bones and trying to start again is what has to be done. We're hamstrung by some of the deals Davidson handed out still too.

14 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Were you not jumping up and down about him not getting a chance last year?

Aye, he looked promising and i thought regular games could bring results. He tried more in the 2nd half but hes a match winner who isnt trying to win matches. Its brutal but the youngsters are going to be judged against senior players this season.

So far theyve virtually all been found wanting.

35 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

Stirling Albion look like your stereotypical aging, experienced amateur team - stocky bald guy up front, old grey haired guy at the back, overweight keeper with beard - yet they're absolutely strolling this. They've got a clear game plan and they're playing it perfectly.

We are utterly clueless, so soft, and have no discernible style or pattern of play. Defence shambolic, midfield nowhere near good enough, nothing up front. The worst thing though has been the commentary on saints TV- awful stuff. The constant use of the player's nicknames is cringeworthy. Someone has to tell him to stop with that shite.

Yes he was awful, use real names please.

9 minutes ago, Jamesy96 said:

I seriously think Liam Gordon needs to hang his head in shame. Has been terrible since the season we won the cup double in. I thought he was back to his best at the start of Macca's reign playing in the 4 back last season.

But not only is he showing a sheer lack of leadership he consistently fails to shown any sort of defensive capability. 

He’ll be out in the pub tonight. 

This has been in the post for the last 2 years. Those who made the  call to keep Davidson on for most of that time, and to throw a fortune at him, are culpable for what's happening now.

really beyond me that any Saints fan paying attention couldn't see the incompetence on display in the dug out on the pitch and the neglect in the boardroom tbh. Throwing a fortune at old pros, journeymen and randoms with no thought to what things would look like beyond the short term (attempted) fixes can only be down to that.