Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've had Saints TV since it was released, and I'm verging on getting a season ticket this season too.

I'd just feel bad if he bought a season ticket then missed a chunk of matches, as its not the easiest for him to find out how it all works.

Aye a few like him, My old man included, however he just wanted to help the club at the minute with a season ticket sale ,I am not the best at IT stuff will need to see if i can get him  a way of viewing, giving him a lap top is not a problem as i have a couple the now not being used at work but getting him to work it is  another story!!     

46 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Interesting deal almost done I'm hearing.....

That’ll upset those that love wallowing down in the dumps.

Edited by Bose

I imagine most folk are thinking I'm an absolute fanny just now tbh, but the fact remains we've got no depth, a rookie manager, and the season starts in 20 days.
IF it turns out to be true that the club are actively refusing to sign players, then that is horrendous. 
So not two weeks then?

6 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

3 are from teams down south and the registration issues surrounding the extension to the window down there are going to cause the delays with us signing etc.

See im sceptical about things like this being an issue, as theres currently 12 players who have moved from the EPL/EFL to Scottish Premiership already this Summer.

Unless they're potential loan signings, as I think all the deals I'm on about are free transfer deals.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

There is I believe 4 players currently training with the club. 3 are from teams down south and the registration issues surrounding the extension to the window down there are going to cause the delays with us signing etc.

This is good news but not sure I understand .. are player contracts based on movable 'window' dates and not actual hard dates? 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

See im sceptical about things like this being an issue, as theres currently 12 players who have moved from the EPL/EFL to Scottish Premiership already this Summer.

Unless they're potential loan signings, as I think all the deals I'm on about are free transfer deals.

Wouldn't explain all 12 but it seems the English allowed the window to open for 1 day (July 1st) to let teams lodge/process paperwork.

FWIW: the language we used re: O'Hara signing from Peterborough (June 24th) was incredibly vague.

We have paid Peterborough United a nominal sum to secure his services. He will move subject to international clearance when the summer transfer window opens.

Link

I suppose that would have required the Scottish FA to have mirrored the English FA in terms of registrations though.

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

For clarity, I was meaning at end of contract. Obviously players still contracted can't move outside of the windows. 

The contracts run based on dates rather than windows. It's why you've seen EPL & Championship teams getting players to sign extensions to the end of the month (or not in Ryan Fraser's case).

Don't know the ins and outs of the contract situation but it makes sense that until the EPL, championship and lower league playoffs have concluded, that all players will have had their registration extended from June to July to allow these games to be played ( unless that player refused to extend i.e Lyle Taylor etc)

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The contracts run based on dates rather than windows. It's why you've seen EPL & Championship teams getting players to sign extensions to the end of the month (or not in Ryan Fraser's case).

That's what I thought, but @perthsaint1977 comment confused me a bit. Wasn't thinking that they may have signed extensions but that would make sense.