Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just watched the first minute of a video on YouTube "Aaron Essel - Ghanas new gem" and already seen a solid red card and a ridiculous foul throw both by him, not given obviously 

Maybe one to file under 'potential' but f**k it, would rather a ridic signing like this than a Halliday or something 

1 hour ago, double deluxe said:

Kyle Cameron, Aaron Essel and one other in today, imagine KC will be involved tomorrow 

Absolutely no chance that 3rd signing is a quality attacking left back, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, shibbydoo said:

Gone from a great signing to meh for me.

Potential club captain to a guy who'll be missing his family at home 

Shame.

Or if it doesn't work out it's not a player another player we're stuck paying for 3 years. 

Two ways to look at everything. 

The loan is likely down to him not willing to take a pay cut form his current contract. If his contract is then up he could sign a pre contract after Jan. 

Just now, Saint DBL said:

Never a fan of loans for these kind of players, if he does well he’s away elsewhere and if he’s crap well then thats crap. 

Agreed.

Hardly building a new squad is it?

Disappointed with the loan element, whether he's good or not he's not a St Johnstone player.

We can't turn down players his age and style, to go for an inferior player, simply because it's a loan deal.

He's out of contract there in 12 months so it's literally no different to him signing permanently on a 1yr deal.

I doubt he'd commit to anything longer because the massive looming shadow of relegation that hangs over the club.

Just now, shibbydoo said:

Aye I take your points.

Just had it in my head we were signing our new captain and a captain who's on loan doesn't feel right to me.

Good quality signing though, whatever the circumstances.

I noticed Eric Nicolson playing him down as captain earlier, wonder if he'd had a nod at who it'll be?

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We can't turn down players his age and style, to go for an inferior player, simply because it's a loan deal.

He's out of contract there in 12 months so it's literally no different to him signing permanently on a 1yr deal.

I doubt he'd commit to anything longer because the massive looming shadow of relegation that hangs over the club.

For once I agree with you lol