Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, g martin said:

What does this even mean? A fan wants their team to win games, what more is there to understand about them as a manager. Is he going to have to be your therapist or friend as well?

A manager that didn’t come across like he was doing the club a massive  favour by being our manager would be a solid starting point. 

19 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Only one I've heard is that he didn't integrate himself with staff members, new owners etc. No communication at all.

This ties in what what I've been hearing for a while about him. Isn't really that interested in the youth side of things, slightly standoffish around the place and you can even see from comments and interviews that him and Webb have never been on the same page.

I know that the players weren't happy with the training they were getting and Levein threw Kirk under the bus, so possible that the relationship there hadnt been quite what it was.

Interesting that at least one player like the sacking announcement before deleting. 

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

Fans want team to win games obviously, but what fans want from the manager is someone won't talk the club down, understands that the club has as passionate a support as bigger clubs, despite the smaller numbers and possibly unlike most other clubs, Saints fans also take a bit of pride in that the club doesn't run up debts and very much has an eye always on being sustainable.

We've had managers come in before and commented on Perth not being a footballing town and taken the attitude that we are somehow lesser. 

Refraining from publicly disrespecting your company and stakeholders would be something I'd expect from a professional in any job. Likewise not running up debts that aren't beneficial investments with returns. I don't really see that requiring any specific understanding of your fans.

It sounds like a therapist manager could indeed help with the small club chip on the shoulder though, if as you say more than one manager has apparently felt the need to say this, it could be true, or was felt needed to temper expectations? (I have no opinion on this).

If the manager wins games fans are happy. 

39 minutes ago, Ampersand said:

I said this when we hired Warnock. 😬

Aberdeen and Saints have interesting-ish parallels?

Rookie caretaker does well, gets job permanently, then bombs. Club goes for experienced old head everyone else think is retired who isn't what was expected and he's also gone.

So we just need to find our Thelin now I guess.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Can anyone confirm if Falkirk have more fans than us?

No but I can confirm they've just spent an extended period of time in League One (the third tier - including finishes of 5th and 6th in a part time league).

HTH.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

No but I can confirm they've just spent an extended period of time in League One (the third tier - including finishes of 5th and 6th in a part time league).

HTH.

Average positions over the last decade, I think.

1. Celtic - 1.2  
2. Aberdeen - 4.8  
3. Rangers - 5.2  
4. Motherwell - 6.7  
5. Hearts - 6.8  
6. Hibernian - 7.3  
7. St Johnstone - 7.6  
8. Kilmarnock - 8.4  
9. Dundee United - 9.6  
10. St Mirren - 10.8  
11. Livingston - 12.4  
12. Dundee - 12.7  
13. Ross County - 12.9  
14. Partick Thistle - 13.1  
15. Inverness CT - 13.5  
16. Falkirk - 14.9  
17. Queen of the South - 15.6  
18. Raith Rovers - 16.3  
19. Dunfermline - 17.1  
20. Morton - 18.3

Ayr and Falkirk truly juggernauts of the modern game.

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Why have we moved onto talking about Falkirk?

Have a read of their thread, you’ll have to go into the championship section to find it though.  Basically McGlynn won’t come to us because we dont have as big a fan base as Falkirk

Edited by double deluxe

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Average positions over the last decade, I think.

1. Celtic - 1.2  
2. Aberdeen - 4.8  
3. Rangers - 5.2  
4. Motherwell - 6.7  
5. Hearts - 6.8  
6. Hibernian - 7.3  
7. St Johnstone - 7.6  
8. Kilmarnock - 8.4  
9. Dundee United - 9.6  
10. St Mirren - 10.8  
11. Livingston - 12.4  
12. Dundee - 12.7  
13. Ross County - 12.9  
14. Partick Thistle - 13.1  
15. Inverness CT - 13.5  
16. Falkirk - 14.9  
17. Queen of the South - 15.6  
18. Raith Rovers - 16.3  
19. Dunfermline - 17.1  
20. Morton - 18.3

Ayr and Falkirk truly juggernauts of the modern game.

Missing Hamilton, no?

35 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Have a read of their thread, you’ll have to go into the championship section to find it though.  Basically McGlynn won’t come to us because we dont have as big a fan base as Falkirk

Football fans are naive, aren't they 🙃

Of course, I've no idea if we're interested or not but if he was given the choice to and did decide to stay it won't be because of season ticket numbers that's for sure and all to do with showing loyalty and seeing through the project he's started. 

At the expense of a higher wage on potentially a long term deal.  

Just now, Radford said:

A rush to find those phones in Paisley to delete all those Charles Dunne comments...

Should never have released him TBH…