Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Not great news for you boys!

I sincerely hope big Russell McLean no been getting paid he has been stealing a wage from clubs for years.

The worst I've seen in my time watching City. Appalling.

9 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Would the sensible strategy be for EC & Spartans to merge or is that an option the EC stalwarts wouldn’t countenance? 

You merge with East Stirling and Stenny ? Us with QOS and Gretna no bother !!!!!!!

Just now, annan4eva said:

You merge with East Stirling and Stenny ? Us with QOS and Gretna no bother !!!!!!!

Be more interesting to hear what an EC fan feels although there would be a lot of commercial sense in the three border clubs coming together. I sense that the name  Galloway united has a wee ring to it. 

5 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Be more interesting to hear what an EC fan feels although there would be a lot of commercial sense in the three border clubs coming together. I sense that the name  Galloway united has a wee ring to it. 

Hell will freeze over first .

36 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Would the sensible strategy be for EC & Spartans to merge or is that an option the EC stalwarts wouldn’t countenance? 

I think you underestimate the ill feeling we have for those B-Team shagging ar**holes in Pilton.

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Why not merge in all the other ‘wee’ teams in Edinburgh too? Strollers, Hutchison Vale, Leith, Edinburgh United, Tynecastle, Edinburgh South, whatever the f**k Craigroyston are called now - come on board!

2 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Merge 3 sides from one region and name them after an entirely different region? 🤔

54 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Merge 3 sides from one region and name them after an entirely different region? 🤔

Bizarre suggestion, clearly Borders Athletic would be the logical choice. 

Disappointed to see City having problems. Plenty of questions about the previous regime with the extremely questionable name change and return to Meadowbank, while at the same time apparently increasing the playing budget quite dramatically. Must have been a huge challenge for the new regime to take on. 

City in their different guises have a history of pulling through dire circumstances some way or another (even if it once took 30 years to re-emerge). Hopefully they can do it again. 

City are playing in League one but in reality ran like an East of Scotland league club this season and it's a real shame! 😔

The few people that help the club deserve tremendous credit 👏 but we just don't have enough people or fans around to sustain League one, or maybe even league two soon football.

Without attracting a big money man soon, I think the future looks dire for City.

35 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

City are playing in League one but in reality ran like an East of Scotland league club this season and it's a real shame! 😔

The few people that help the club deserve tremendous credit 👏 but we just don't have enough people or fans around to sustain League one, or maybe even league two soon football.

Without attracting a big money man soon, I think the future looks dire for City.

Even they don’t want to merge you should still think seriously about continuing hosting games at Meadowbank as terrible venue for watching football.