Edinburgh City

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

At least if Edinburgh do get kicked out they won't be replaced by a side like you've described...

You’re assuming the invite won’t go to Cowdenbeath or Albion rovers but who can say… 

52 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I boycotted them for a season when they changed the name. 

In my time the following clubs have been in financial soapy bubble and have had to be rescued by the fans/sympathetic rich people:

Airdriedonians (died and reformed), Hamilton Accies, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Morton, Celtic, Rangers (see their cousins Airdriedonians), Clydebank (who I saw play in the Premier Division), Motherwell, Livingston (several times), Hibernian, Heart of Midlothian, Dundee, Raith Rovers, Gretna and others I've forgotten about. 

Inverness CT might be the next one. 

You probably think City are akin to Gretna but we rose as high as League 1 after a play off win rather than get into the Premier Division and Scottish Cup Final. No doubt there will be another club down the line after City. At least Scottish Football isn't as bad as things down south where clubs are taken over and ownership of the ground split away from the parent club- I can only think of that happening to East Stirlingshire and Falkirk Council put a restriction on the land in regard to development. 

Tl:dr/tam talks shite/Edinburgh City are cnuts: 

Here is a dug in a pickelhaube

dug.jpg.c06e280151677b9c6e59b83a6f668101.jpg

I remember scraping about £40 together for a night with Tam Cowan when I was a skint 18 year old to apparently keep Ross County alive in the old Division 2 when the predecessor to Global Energy nearly went up the shitter 

12 hours ago, Spyro said:

I remember scraping about £40 together for a night with Tam Cowan when I was a skint 18 year old to apparently keep Ross County alive in the old Division 2 when the predecessor to Global Energy nearly went up the shitter 

ooooh matron etc etc

13 hours ago, Spyro said:

Was the £40.00 to get out of  the night the with Tam Cowan

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Was the £40.00 to get out of  the night the with Tam Cowan

When you write out a big rambling post, then don't edit it as carefully as you should have! 2 tickets, took the missus, same day as England vs T&T, etc... Shit you didn't need to know but maybe should have left in my original post for context... 

It was a long day of driving for me yesterday, I was tired! 

Edited by Spyro

40 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Hopefully get an answer from one of the lads before they are thrown out the league.

We're in the League Cup draw so fck you. 

Although being chucked out would be worth it to avoid playing Clyde. 

50 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

We're in the League Cup draw so fck you. 

Although being chucked out would be worth it to avoid playing Clyde. 

Hopefully the Clyde game is away in  midweek so we don't need to bother with them.

Hopefully the good games with Motherwell and Partick Thistle are at home.

Just now, Tenkay said:

Hopefully the Clyde game is away in  midweek so we don't need to bother with them.

Hopefully the good games with Motherwell and Partick Thistle are at home.

Sorry to disappoint but you'll be at home to us (and Partick Thistle) if the fixture format follows previous years.

On 30/05/2024 at 12:18, Francesc Fabregas said:

Stenhousemuir have signed Kelsey Ewan for the season ahead. Is he a good player? What can we expect from him?

Does anyone know if this boy's any good or not?

20 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Hopefully get an answer from one of the lads before they are thrown out the league.

I occasionally pop into the Edinburgh City thread as my mate is a fan.  

But given your apparent hatred of them I am beginning to suspect a city fan or player stirred your porridge.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Does anyone know if this boy's any good or not?

Yes he's a good player!  He got our player of the year award.

That said, we were absolutely shite last season so maybe he was just best of a bad bunch?

At least he got experience of playing for a struggling League 1 team, which should benefit yous next season!

Seriously though I was disappointed when you said he had signed for yous as I hoped we could have kept him.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Hopefully get an answer from one of the lads before they are thrown out the league.

TBH, we're at a stage where I'd not be too disappointed to go back to the Lowland league!

Some decent teams there and a better level for us to be competitive.

Best of all,  it would save us having to play Clyde 4 or 5 times.

2 hours ago, Jo9 said:

I occasionally pop into the Edinburgh City thread as my mate is a fan.  

But given your apparent hatred of them I am beginning to suspect a city fan or player stirred your porridge.

To be fair to Neilly he hates everyone that isn't Stenny. 

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

That’s a lot of stirred porridge.

No hatred at all just no time for clubs like this one who are wasting everybody's time and have got where they are paying what they could never afford. 

They will be away shortly back to the wilderness because they still haven't addressed the Bronze issues they have known about for ages now. It really just sums up how they are not fit for purpose.

I will wish them well in their non-league adventure all the same. The level they are fit to operate at.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Tam, if the inevitable happens is Mike McIntyre a decent manager or not? SOS - Albion could do worse?

Stenny were the worst team I watched last season, no idea how they won that league. Straight back down unless someone capitulates.