Edinburgh City

I'm really surprised, and also concerned, about the betting odds for this game tomorrow vs Stirling 😲

For those that know these things, City have drifted out from 6/4 to 11/2 which seems very odd.

Stirling in from 6/4 to 1/2.

Makes me wonder what the bookies know about the starting team City will be able to field tomorrow? 🤔

43 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I'm really surprised, and also concerned, about the betting odds for this game tomorrow vs Stirling 😲

For those that know these things, City have drifted out from 6/4 to 11/2 which seems very odd.

Stirling in from 6/4 to 1/2.

Makes me wonder what the bookies know about the starting team City will be able to field tomorrow? 🤔

Someone posted in the WAH group that it'd been rumoured your 1st team were boycotting your game tomorrow & your U-20's would be playing instead.

Assuming that rumour grew arms & legs elsewhere with folk betting heavily on Stirling hence bookies shitting themselves.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Nice modern stand that tbf - I've seen a lot worse. Not sure about the layout of the park, it seems as though the new stand would be behind the goals rather than along the side of the pitch which isn't great.  Also the pitch doesn't look totally flat but I'm only judging that from the photos.

It's supposed to be an L-shaped stand also running down the side of the pitch:

Across-pitches-to-stand.jpg?fit=800,283&

facilities-page-new-image.jpg

but they haven't built the side yet... and perhaps never will? Whole project has taken over 10 years now - suffering numerous legal challenges from local residents (it's a very well-heeled area), plus numerous building and funding delays. Like all domestic clubs their crowds are low hundreds at best.

There are no floodlights and the pitch isn't railed so wouldn't get an SFA licence currently. Your only hope on rugby front would be joining Watsonians at Myreside.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

What is the actual news?? Have seen nothing other than what I’ve read on here!

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:

What's going on at Edinburgh? Seen some posts here but not really saying much and there's nothing official online

It’s in the Sun, but the gist is players aren’t getting paid. 

On 07/12/2023 at 13:53, annan4eva said:

... Us with QOS and Gretna no bother !!!!!!!

For the avoidance of doubt ... the Gr*tna name should never be mentioned within earshot of Dumfries.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

It's supposed to be an L-shaped stand also running down the side of the pitch:

Across-pitches-to-stand.jpg?fit=800,283&

facilities-page-new-image.jpg

but they haven't built the side yet... and perhaps never will?

OK cheers.

Never understand why anyone wants to build an L shaped stand around a corner - it's got to be the worst place from which to view a game. Unless of course other constraints rule out more normal alternatives I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

OK cheers.

Never understand why anyone wants to build an L shaped stand around a corner - it's got to be the worst place from which to view a game. Unless of course other constraints rule out more normal alternatives I suppose.

It’s rugby, they probably don’t know what game they’re watching, just waiting for full time to drink each other’s sick 

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

OK cheers.

Well...

raith-rovers-fc-starks-park-old-main-sta

D1SR9uOXQAAXVoO?format=jpg&name=large

aberdeen-fc-pittodrie-main-stand-2-augus

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Well...

raith-rovers-fc-starks-park-old-main-sta

D1SR9uOXQAAXVoO?format=jpg&name=large

aberdeen-fc-pittodrie-main-stand-2-augus

Yes, I know that and have been to all 3 of these stadia. But, particularly for Starks and Tannadice I'd imagine there were specific constraints that dictated the development of L shaped stand alone corner stands. I can't imagine that L shaped corner stands would have been a first choice.