Edinburgh City

12 hours ago, virginton said:

They might not be in Galloway but at least two of the three are unquestionably in the Borders. Annan is within a comfortable half day's walk from England itself. The Borders' western component included Lochmaben and Dumfries as key strongholds.  Both of which being significantly closer to English territory than Peebles on the other side of the country.

Has Peebles been moved? Last time I looked it was pretty near the middle.

13 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah, there’s a nice row of shops basically in front the stand. Not a rugby fan, but I think the pitch used to run north/south, now it’s east/west.

He must be ‘new’ money 🤣

I thought it ran north to south as well never been past it for years.

14 minutes ago, Clinically Proven said:

Club who have been living ouwith their means and it has caught up with them. Competing comfortably in League 1 on sub 300 crowds with no ground to speak of. Looks like the sugar daddy cash has dried up and they clearly can't be self sustaining now. No loss if they go bust.

It's still a loss to those few fans turning up and probably a few more that don't want to go to Meadowbank.

3 minutes ago, Artemis said:

“Any club which commits a Remuneration Default shall not …Play any Professional Player who is not an U20 player or who was not SFA registered with that club at the date of the relevant Remuneration Default..”

The “or” version looks like it means you can’t play anybody who is not an U20 player no matter when they were signed.
I could well be wrong, though.

I disagree. If you take out the 'not's you get

“Any club which commits a Remuneration Default [may]… Play any Professional Player who is an U20 player or who was SFA registered with that club at the date of the relevant Remuneration Default..”

In other words you can only sign under-20s but if they were already registered then they're okay regardless of age.

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

I disagree. If you take out the 'not's you get

“Any club which commits a Remuneration Default [may]… Play any Professional Player who is an U20 player or who was SFA registered with that club at the date of the relevant Remuneration Default..”

In other words you can only sign under-20s but if they were already registered then they're okay regardless of age.

Ok, got it the first time.

1 hour ago, Clinically Proven said:

Club who have been living ouwith their means and it has caught up with them. Competing comfortably in League 1 on sub 300 crowds with no ground to speak of. Looks like the sugar daddy cash has dried up and they clearly can't be self sustaining now. No loss if they go bust.

Sugar daddy? Most people with a knowledge of SPFL1 know that the club was sold in the summer to new owners. 

Let's just say that what was purchased wasn't exactly how it was described in the brochure...

26 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

Sugar daddy? Most people with a knowledge of SPFL1 know that the club was sold in the summer to new owners. 

Let's just say that what was purchased wasn't exactly how it was described in the brochure...

If you've kept the receipt maybe you can take it back.

11 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Heriots?

Stewarts Melville (Inverleith)?

Unlit.

If I remember there was a rumour they might end up on the back pitch at Murrayfield, where Edinburgh Rugby play(The Hive), but that was before the move back to Meadowbank.

Yes Goldenacre and Inverleith don't have lights on their pitch.

I think the scale of the problems the club is facing should be clear when you look at the XI today. Fontaine and Mercer the only pros in the team, rest loanees or players moved up from the 20s. 

Only injury is Danny Handling as far as I'm aware. You can probably take it as read that everyone else is away.

Well done to the young lads who did themselves proud, the loanees who maintained their professionalism and the senior lads who tried to keep everything together.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Heriots?

Stewarts Melville (Inverleith)?

Unlit.

Ahhhh fair enough, really wasn't sure what sort of set up they had!

But really, almost any option would be better than Meadowbank, if anyone was looking for a lodger and willing to work with them for any required improvements. 

5 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Surely due diligence was carried out before the purchase or it's asking for trouble.

Is ground sharing with Tynecastle at Meggetland not an option. Feel for guys who have supported the team from East of Scotland days. Previous ownership have a lot to answer for. 

Edited by Jute

3 minutes ago, Jute said:

Is ground sharing at Tynecastle at Meggetland not an option. Feel for guys who have supported the team from East of Scotland days. Previous ownership have a lot to answer for. 

Not especially when you have Boroughmuir playing on the same park every other weekend or the same weekend, if Tynecastle have to play on the Friday evening