Edinburgh City

32 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

To be fair, they are wee fannies but talk of bricks and knives without any evidence is just hearsay, they’re all kids about 12-14 years old.  Aside from being loud, annoying, getting on the wick of opposition supporters and shouldn’t be bringing in Pyro’s, they’re usually pretty much harmless.  (If any evidence does turn up that’s contrary to that I’d change my tune)

There were no actual stewards last night and from what I heard from one of our supporters in the stand, the volunteers didn’t know what to do when both sets of kids starting goading each other at half time, they panicked and called the police.  It didn’t help either that it was chucking it down and other fans were sheltering under there amongst them and all the kids should have known better.  After the City ultras were taken out of the stand and relocated to another part of the ground, the game could have continued, but the club decided to abandon the match, which in my opinion was a massive overreaction and caused an unnecessary media response but they clearly weren’t comfortable stewarding the game themselves.

It really shouldn’t have been that much of a surprise to the club, when the same kids were at Albyn Park last week for the friendly with Gala, the only difference last night was their own youth element were there as well.

Again, yes, they are wee fannies, but this widespread ‘condemnation’ is nothing more than empty virtue signalling and find it hypocritical of fans of a club with grown up adults acting like animals in a town centre taking the moral high ground against a bunch of kids.

One of our fans did say that one of the wee fannies had a knife. 

That's illegal not just bloody stupid and dangerous. 

One reason that there wasn't much trouble at the Hibs game is that a lot of these guys are Hibees and have likely been chucked out of/banned from Easter Road before. 

A couple of teenage City fans (nice lads and not the Ultras who weren't there oddly enough) got attacked after the game at Alloa last season by cowardly neds and the Wasps directors were really good to them and the Alloa fans on here (good guys) condemned them wholeheartedly.   

25 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Your making the mistake that attack on this behaviour is an attack on your club. Its not. The attack is on this behaviour regardless of what club they apparently support.  Wacky like others have very clearly called out on this shite behaviour when its their own club too I don't understand how it can be hypocritical to call out the same things regardless of if its your club or not.

To be fair, probably an unfair knee jerk reaction from myself without knowing him very well.

The rain did indeed push everyone into the covered enclosure and it was fairly crowded.Being kids doesn’t, give them the right to cause bother and the Edinburgh Ned’s launched their missiles hitting anyone and everyone.They are not high spirited kids just having a laugh,thinking that is naive.After the difficulties City endured last season it’s the last thing the club needs.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

To be fair, they are wee fannies but talk of bricks and knives without any evidence is just hearsay, they’re all kids about 12-14 years old.  Aside from being loud, annoying, getting on the wick of opposition supporters and shouldn’t be bringing in Pyro’s, they’re usually pretty much harmless.  (If any evidence does turn up that’s contrary to that I’d change my tune)

There were no actual stewards last night and from what I heard from one of our supporters in the stand, the volunteers didn’t know what to do when both sets of kids starting goading each other at half time, they panicked and called the police.  It didn’t help either that it was chucking it down and other fans were sheltering under there amongst them and all the kids should have known better.  After the City ultras were taken out of the stand and relocated to another part of the ground, the game could have continued, but the club decided to abandon the match, which in my opinion was a massive overreaction and caused an unnecessary media response but they clearly weren’t comfortable stewarding the game themselves.

It really shouldn’t have been that much of a surprise to the club, when the same kids were at Albyn Park last week for the friendly with Gala, the only difference last night was their own youth element were there as well.

Again, yes, they are wee fannies, but this widespread ‘condemnation’ is nothing more than empty virtue signalling and find it hypocritical of fans of a club with grown up adults acting like animals in a town centre taking the moral high ground against a bunch of kids.

Ok! So as far as you’re concerned anyone that has a moron element amongst their fan base aren’t allowed to comment about morons of other clubs? 
Im baffled, where in my post did I mention bricks and knives?
Pyros burn hot enough to scorch the grass and burn plastic pitches, that is proven facts, but that’s not enough evidence for you? Really? Do you think pyros can determine the difference between burning grass etc and burning a person? These pyros are clearly much smarter than I thought. 
Kids 12-14 being annoying? I’d say that anyone putting on a mask and flinging missiles are beyond annoying. 
I could continue to answer points you are making in your very bizarre post, but you are clearly the Donald Trump of the City supporters. 

I’m out. 

Edited by Wacky

Played EK last night, lost 3-2 after getting it back to 2-2. Played better in the second half. 

TIP: don't stand next to the bloody tannoy or your ears will be ringing

Winners overall were the bloody midges! 

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Played EK last night, lost 3-2 after getting it back to 2-2. Played better in the second half. 

TIP: don't stand next to the bloody tannoy or your ears will be ringing

Winners overall were the bloody midges! 

Played them last Tuesday, and made the mistake of sitting right under the tannoy speaker. Wow.

Just wanted to apologise. A couple of weeks ago I commented that it was a bit nuts that you were playing Dalkeith Thistle in a friendly, with the gap of 4 levels in the pyramid.

After your plucky 2-1 win tonight I am big enough to admit that you guys pitched that match up absolutely bang on. 😉

10 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Just wanted to apologise. A couple of weeks ago I commented that it was a bit nuts that you were playing Dalkeith Thistle in a friendly, with the gap of 4 levels in the pyramid.

After your plucky 2-1 win tonight I am big enough to admit that you guys pitched that match up absolutely bang on. 😉

The title charge is coming 😉

10 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I commented that it was a bit nuts that you were playing Dalkeith Thistle in a friendly, with the gap of 4 levels in the pyramid.

Well, most of our squad were signed from either the Lowland league or East of Scotland League teams, so that's the level we're at just now.

Probably be a very slow start from us, but if we get a few decent loans at the end of August then I'm hopeful we can avoid the bottom place playoff.

14 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Tremble, Motherwell, tremble!

I also felt very safe at the game last night when 7 of Midlothian's finest Police Constables kept a careful watch on 20 twelve year old laddies.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Tremble, Motherwell, tremble!

I remember Meadowbank going to Fir Park for a midweek game. It was televised (highlights, not live) because Motherwell were in the Scottish Cup semi-final on the Saturday and they obviously wanted a few goals to show in the preview. Thistle beat them 1-0 so everybody was keen to get home as soon as possible so they could tape it!

I also remember that the only Thistle player that the commentator could recognise without looking at his teamsheet was Arthur Duncan...

1 hour ago, BigMadMental said:

Thistle fan here 👋

is the East standing enclosure opposite the main stand or is that the area behind the goal/running track?

Can’t see much clarity online 

The main stand is on the south side, east side will be behind the goals.  Usually they put barriers up right behind the goal so you’re not miles away.

50 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

The main stand is on the south side, east side will be behind the goals.  Usually they put barriers up right behind the goal so you’re not miles away.

Okay cheers

Just remember that photo from last season where it was a long way away but if it’s near the byline that’s not bad 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A couple of Where are they nows:

Cai MacNamara has signed for Berwick Rangers

Momo signed for Vale of Leithen... 

That's a decent move for Cai MacNamara tbf 👏 

On the other hand I'm disappointed for Momo as he's much better than v.o.l

I don't know why we never kept him?

Other players from last season I see Liam Parker scored for St Johnstone last week.

He might break through there.

3 hours ago, Quentin Prankett said:

Think the little comment about the lack of stewarding should have been left out. 

Agreed 100%. I was surprised to see this from the Chairman. But good to see that at least they have a strategy to contain our P7 Ultras.