Edinburgh City

Licensing standards was my point in asking the question . For as impressive as Ainslie Park certainly is, it falls short in a few crucial areas and may not be compliant at the moment. This then beggars the question of who pays for any improvements/ alterations and what would be the timescale ?
Apparently, so I am often told, when Annan gained it's senior status the level of scrutiny from the league was high and the infrastructure and ground works required for compliance ran to an incredible financial sum for a then league three side. I wish City well with this one .

I'll be honest I'd assumed Ainslie Park was compliant or at worst only needed minor stuff considering Spartans have applied for SPFL status a few times. That's just an assumption though, so I'm not saying you're wrong. I don't actually think there is another viable alternative so if there is a hefty bill to pay I guess we don't have much choice other than to pay it.

11 hours ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

As for the pies I think I'm gonna revert back to a traditional. The steak pie gravy stained my city scarf a few weeks back and was hard to get out in the wash and I'd be mortified if it attacked any more of my clothing. 

Now there's a title for a fanzine!

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

I'll be honest I'd assumed Ainslie Park was compliant or at worst only needed minor stuff considering Spartans have applied for SPFL status a few times. That's just an assumption though, so I'm not saying you're wrong. I don't actually think there is another viable alternative so if there is a hefty bill to pay I guess we don't have much choice other than to pay it.

Ainslie is a licensed ground so I wouldn't need much I wouldn't think. The only thing it seems to lack is proper turnstiles which i'm surprised the didn't install when they built the place. Maybe also need some sort of barrier/tunnel for the players coming out to seperate them from the crowd.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Might need a name change when we move to Ainslie Park right enough. (I hear it was all the rage in the 90's) Go Tell The Spartans would be obsolete since we'd already be there on match days. The Pink Doughnut has a certain ring to it but I'm willing to listen to other options and put it to a vote .  lol 

Spoiler

I'll pose the question in the next City Fanzine - Issue 14 - in time for the Clyde match.

Edited by Mr Blobby

I believe Leyton Orient once had a fanzine called "Brian Moore's Head Looks Uncannily Like London Planetarium", which sounds like a Half Man Half Biscuit song title. And I'm not going to explain any of those names - go and Google them, you young whippersnappers.

I believe Leyton Orient once had a fanzine called "Brian Moore's Head Looks Uncannily Like London Planetarium", which sounds like a Half Man Half Biscuit song title. And I'm not going to explain any of those names - go and Google them, you young whippersnappers.

That was a Gillingham fanzine, I think.

I used to love the page in WSC and TAG which listed all the various fanzines you could buy.

On occasion in London I'd nip into Sportspages which had shelves of the things.

My favourite obscure fanzine was The Angry Corrie.

But TAG was a thing of beauty. Typical issue: Bruno Glanvina column. Book review eviscerating Richard Gough's latest memoir. Some angry letters. And a photo of a junior park taken in a hailstorm. Awesome.

I had a nearly complete collection once, I fear it's gone forever. Ach well.

There was a Meadowbank cartoon in one issue, it went something like frame 1 wide view of the vast empty stand: frame 2 zoom in on a solitary guy sitting watching game; frame 3 tap on shoulder "excuse me pal, I think you're in my seat"...

25 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

You're right - I've just looked him up on Wikipedia. And the name is by Half Man Half Biscuit! It's not a song title in itself, but a line from Dickie Davies's Eyes.

4 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I used to love the page in WSC and TAG which listed all the various fanzines you could buy.

On occasion in London I'd nip into Sportspages which had shelves of the things.

My favourite obscure fanzine was The Angry Corrie.

But TAG was a thing of beauty. Typical issue: Bruno Glanvina column. Book review eviscerating Richard Gough's latest memoir. Some angry letters. And a photo of a junior park taken in a hailstorm. Awesome.

I had a nearly complete collection once, I fear it's gone forever. Ach well.

There was a Meadowbank cartoon in one issue, it went something like frame 1 wide view of the vast empty stand: frame 2 zoom in on a solitary guy sitting watching game; frame 3 tap on shoulder "excuse me pal, I think you're in my seat"...

It was a Gillingham fanzine, Brian Moore was a supporter of the Gills. TAG was class back in the day. The 2 editors now write for Scotland On Sunday.

Edited by cowdenbeath

20 hours ago, tamthebam said:

elvis 2.jpg

"Elvis" and "E.T." watched Meadowbank so no surprise here! 

Ah, that's a pity you didn't submit the Sunday Sport exclusive 24 hours earlier. Too late to be included in the next episode of the Edinburgh City Fanzine (Issue 14) but fear not, "Statue of Elvis found on Mars", now features on Page 4 of the Issue 15 Fanzine, ghost written by a mystery guest editor. Out 18 February 2017 Edinburgh City v Montrose.

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

That's the one!

Found this article about TAG tonight. Finishes on a cliffhanger!

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/100-Fan-culture/1367-reverting-to-type-the-absolute-game

Yes, excellent article. I read that article quite a few months back and featured it in one of the Edinburgh City Fanzines. (Issue Six - 8 October 2016)

On 23/01/2017 at 21:28, GordonD said:

Well you've pried it out of me. Here's the working title for the new Edinburgh City Fanzine for next season 2017/18 at Ainslie Park. 

I'm guessing Edinburgh City will get Annan Athletic in the first League 2 match. There's optimism for you. (Start date may change)

Absent Without Leave Year Two Issue One The New Fanzine for Edinburgh City FC Front Cover Provisional.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I once had an article on Cuminestown Juniors published in The Absolute Game. 

Worship me, ye mortals! 

I've got you pencilled in for a Back Page Special in Issue 18 of the City Fanzine.  (565 words + 200 words if you spill over into Column 2 on Page 11)

( Scheduled for 08 April 2017 Edinburgh City v Cowdenbeath. Could be the play-off spot decider)

I hear Cuminestown Juniors met a 'sticky' end. (All to do with branching out too much and a neighbour complained lol)

Edited by Mr Blobby

On 15/01/2017 at 06:27, Mocochinchi said:

Any indication when the rescheduled game with Cowdenbeath will take place?

On 15/01/2017 at 09:51, cowdenbeath said:

No idea but clubs don't have to play postponed games until the end of February if they want.

I'm being called away on business on the 13th, 14th and 15th of February. Could you raise a point of order about the postponed game with the negotiators who are rearranging the new League 2 fixture date at Central Park between Cowdenbeath and Edinburgh City. (Presumably this is going to be a midweek match now)

"Mr Blobby is being called away on business to New Crinkley Bottom in East Sussex on the 13th, 14th and 15th of February. Would the committee consider working around Mr Blobby's prior appointments and refrain from choosing any of these dates for the rescheduled League 2 match at Central Park, as he would dearly love to attend. Mr Blobby fears for another Valentine's day massacre if his valued support is missing on the day of the match."

23 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Citizens Away Bus.jpg

This needs putting into context. On one Brake Club trip we took it in turns to read aloud from the book Spycatcher, which Thatcher had banned from being sold in England - though it was available in Scotland and everywhere else in the world. The Scotsman Diary got wind of this and we got a mention - this cartoon was our view of the Official Supporters' Club response.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

This needs putting into context. On one Brake Club trip we took it in turns to read aloud from the book Spycatcher, which Thatcher had banned from being sold in England - though it was available in Scotland and everywhere else in the world. The Scotsman Diary got wind of this and we got a mention - this cartoon was our view of the Official Supporters' Club response.

Aha! Thanks for putting me in the picture. I was somewhat puzzled by the link-up in that bus cartoon. I had read about the Spycatcher readings on the Brake Club Bus some time ago. And I'd also read about the book readings making the newspapers but I think them being wrongly attributed to the official supporters club bus by the press. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that one). 

It's a real shame the Citizens aren't running a supporters bus to Elgin on Saturday, as I had planned to do some readings of my own to the fans on the way up.

Thomas the Tank Engine Gordons New Viewimages.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
I don't think my Thomas the Tank Engine readings on the Citizens Away Bus to Elgin City had any chance of making the Edinburgh Evening News Diary either. Although look out for a can of Pilcher's mis-identification in the next Fanzine Issue. (Hilarious)