Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

4 minutes ago, DMCs said:

He only had 6 months left on his deal when they paid that for him. I do think we've overpaid here especially if it's £4m as a full fee though. Sky Sports are reporting it as £3m + £1m in add-ons but The Times broke the story first.

Makes more sense re the contract situation. Libpewl seems to be pretty good at this. 

I only delved into his background because i thought it was Tottenham Ben Davies you had signed and was confused.

2 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Makes more sense re the contract situation. Libpewl seems to be pretty good at this. 

I only delved into his background because i thought it was Tottenham Ben Davies you had signed and was confused.

The Spurs one is never coming to Scotland. Much better player.

18 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Aberdeen , Liverpool and ?

But seriously; they are wetting themselves at buying a guy for 800k never playing him,putting him out on loan therfor paying next to nothing for his keep then selling him for £4m. By all accounts he had a meh season out on loan to top it off.

I wasn't having a dig at The Rangers, just an observation.

It could work the other way though. Carter-Vickers wasn’t good enough to get near Spurs first team. He was loaned out to several Championship clubs and never done enough to merit a permanent deal. He then comes to Scotland and domestically has done very well.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It could work the other way though. Carter-Vickers wasn’t good enough to get near Spurs first team. He was loaned out to several Championship clubs and never done enough to merit a permanent deal. He then comes to Scotland and domestically has done very well.

Seems like a mirror of Davies at Liverpool just minus the doing very well on loan in Scotland. Did they pay a fee for CV after paying for his loan? havnt been keeping tabs tbh

The guy might be a steal at 4m I've not got a clue about him.

Getting £19m for Bassey, spending £3m on Davies and then another £1-2m to grab some u23 left backs from EPL development squads seems a decent bit of business. 

Wonder if we’ll see a 3-4-3 this season as well. Peofile of defenders appears to be that they need to be much better on the ball, and bringing it out to feed the midfield. The move to hybrid CM/CB’s in Sands and Lundstram gave a lot of flexibility in the Europa. 

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Does anyone know why his celtic move fell through?

Screenshot-20220717-133754-Gallery.jpg

Liverpool made a move and the fact is we can’t compete. Probably made sense for him considering Liverpools injury crisis at the time he probably thought he was getting game time however Klopps had a look at him and preferred to play almost anyone else instead 🤷‍♂️

From what i have seen he seems decent on the ball but lacks pace and physicality and definitely not an adequate replacement for Bassey.

Good to see Rangers investing makes for an interesting season ahead

pre-contracts aren’t as binding as you would think. I can remember Celtic agreeing to sign a polish cb (Fojut?) and because he couldn’t pass a medical (he fucked his knee not long after the agreement) just before the start date he was gubbed. I’m guessing other clauses exist the other way.

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

pre-contracts aren’t as binding as you would think. I can remember Celtic agreeing to sign a polish cb (Fojut?) and because he couldn’t pass a medical (he fucked his knee not long after the agreement) just before the start date he was gubbed. I’m guessing other clauses exist the other way.

Mind Richie Brittain signing a pre-contract with St Johnstone back in 2014 (I think)?

His wife then took ill and he tried to pull out of it and stay with Ross County. He did in the end but there was a bit of mystery as to how it was all resolved.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Mind Richie Brittain signing a pre-contract with St Johnstone back in 2014 (I think)?

His wife then took ill and he tried to pull out of it and stay with Ross County. He did in the end but there was a bit of mystery as to how it was all resolved.

Yeah the debate on here regarding the fee was quite amusing amongst Saints and county fans. I’m guessing each contract is different but I don’t blame Davies, Doak etc choosing Liverpool over us, we are miles below them in the food chain. 

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah the debate on here regarding the fee was quite amusing amongst Saints and county fans. I’m guessing each contract is different but I don’t blame Davies, Doak etc choosing Liverpool over us, we are miles below them in the food chain. 

Aye, just how it goes isn't it

14 minutes ago, G51 said:

Roy MacGregor bought us a minibus and David Wotherspoon. 

On another note, will be interesting to see on Tuesday whether some of the new tactical elements that were on display at the weekend are kept. 

Centre back positioning during build up in particular. Saw Football Stewart mentioning it earlier, but the CB's were *very* wide against Blackpool, with Davis/Lundstram dropping in and Barisic/Tavernier pushed high. It's very different to how we played last year.