Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

I watched the first half on an entirely legitimate Rangers TV stream. Tom was, err Tom as usual, but they had a summariser on who from the sounds of it came from the North of Ireland.

Far be it from me to shower praise on Rangers personae, but I thought he was excellent - fair and observant, with a wee dash of humour here and there. Who was this man?

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fat boys end to his rangers career is entirely fitting. And funny. 

You’re usually a fairly measured poster on here; I don’t fathom either the fitting nor the funny ending? 

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I watched the first half on an entirely legitimate Rangers TV stream. Tom was, err Tom as usual, but they had a summariser on who from the sounds of it came from the North of Ireland.

Far be it from me to shower praise on Rangers personae, but I thought he was excellent - fair and observant, with a wee dash of humour here and there. Who was this man?

Andy Little it would’ve been. He played with us for a while when he was younger but had to retire due to injury if I recall correctly 

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Andy Little it would’ve been. He played with us for a while when he was younger but had to retire due to injury if I recall correctly 

Yeah, the name Andy did get a mention I think thanks. I remember him playing for you just after the unpleasantness.

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

You’re usually a fairly measured poster on here; I don’t fathom either the fitting nor the funny ending? 

Being measured is difficult when it comes to rangers. I do try but i draw the line at fat head. He is beyond the pale. 

Some of it is complimentary, he was once formidable as well as horrible. He’s now just laughable. 

1 minute ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

34 league games, 26 wins, 82 goals and none of it mattered.

Maybe next season you’ll win something.

Hide contents

You won’t lol

You have the subtlety of a sledgehammer jcb.

8 hours ago, AJF said:

On the topic of Morelos, it’s a disappointing end to his Rangers career, but hopefully that won’t be too harsh when we look back at his time here. I seen a tweet earlier and it’s an impressive read.

He averaged almost 1 goal in 2, with 124 goals and 58 assists in total. Our all time European top goal scorer and the Europa League’s overall 3rd top goal scorer (he also holds the record for most goals scored in UEFA competition before Christmas with 14).

Integral in our title victory and someone where the term “lovable rogue” is perfectly fitting. He probably stayed a season or two too long but I’ll be sad to see him go.

He'll be made the scapegoat, like Kent, because he dared to want to move on after you won the league. And that'll be his legacy while folk who done far less to contribute but "stayed loyal" will be heroes.

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'll be made the scapegoat, like Kent, because he dared to want to move on after you won the league. And that'll be his legacy while folk who done far less to contribute but "stayed loyal" will be heroes.

Even ones that “walked away”, like the beast and Davies, are now heroes. 

20 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

McGregor especially been nothing more than a leech for about 2 years now. Sucking a wage out the club while contributing nothing, and helping encourage this weird culture theyve created where everything has to be as close as possible to the title winning season. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

When Celtic get to 55 League titles, are they then the equal most successful club in the world?

No, Linfield are on 56.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Davis TUPE’d his contract and ensured we got a transfer fee for him.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who are these alleged heroes you mention?

I think when the dust settles Morelos will be remembered of very fondly and Kent will probably be remembered for his fleeting top class moments. The guys who have stuck around the last few years are pretty much seen as dead weight and terminal losers unless of course you're speaking more generally than the last few years. 

Just now, Thenorthernlight said:

What about McGregor? 
He couldn’t get away quickly enough, along with Naismith.

Welcomed back by the gullibillys. 😆

Personally I don’t really have an issue with them, although I can almost appreciate why some might.

It would’ve been absolutely nonsensical to expect players like that, who were genuine quality at the time and Scotland internationals, waste their career playing in the 4th tier of Scotland.

With all due respect, we didn’t need them to win that league and it would’ve been hindering their careers by staying. If anyone looks at it logically you can understand why players chose not to stay around.

So why wouldn’t we welcome them back?

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

When Celtic get to 55 League titles, are they then the equal most successful club in the world?

Ah Ahly technically are the most successful club in the world in total trophies won I believe and Linfield the most number of league titles won.

Either way this most successful club in the world nonsense is a bit of a take considering Real Madrid have 14 European cups however I do imagine we may have some fun with it when we get there but only for the solitary reason to take Rangers fans long standing crutch and poke them with it. 

Edited by Jinky67