Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

8 hours ago, AJF said:

Player shows promise in first few matches and fan is hopeful he will do well.

Player turns out to be honking. It's a tale as old as time.

I'm sure you've NEVER done something similar so bore off with your condescending "you can't spot a player" pish.

😂

To quote you again. 

On 06/01/2024 at 21:29, AJF said:

Just a wee joke, eh.

On 09/01/2024 at 17:16, Bairnardo said:

Iv been up there. Its pretty high tbh*. I'd imagine, having played Cheek Derbies with no away fans, the rationale is to remove whatever influence there might be left from away fans. 

*tap in for the tiny handed one

Why wouldn’t they try to gain every possible advantage that they could? 

On 09/01/2024 at 20:22, AJF said:

Aye, it’s high, but it’s a good view. I’ve sat in the opposite corner at Ibrox from where the away fans are situated and it’s difficult to see clearly any goal-mouth action at the opposite end so I assume it’s the same in the away end.

It'll probably come down to personal preference I imagine but you get a great view of the pitch in the club deck.

I find it quite hard to concentrate on the games at Ibrox to be honest. Trying to watch the game whilst dodging the missiles and simultaneously listening to 50000 of your peers singing about killing Catholics can be quite tough.

Rangers and Sky Sports have agreed an innovative TVrights swap deal that will see an extra live match broadcast from Ibrox on the satellite channel during the remainder of the current season.

And it's understood that in return Rangers have received the ability to broadcast two more home games on Pay Per View.

The club already beam out live from every match to the rest of the world but only five Ibrox contests can be shown in the UK as part of the TV deal. The new arrangement means British viewers will now be able to stump up for a further pair of home matches on demand direct from the club.

The agreement comes on the back of relationship building behind the scenes between the Rangers hierarchy and Sky led by CEO James Bisgrove and new commercial director Karim Virani. While there has been criticism in the past of the quantum involved in the SPFL's TV deal this has never been aimed towards the broadcaster who the club feel are an excellent partner.

While PPV matches offer a lucrative revenue stream for Rangers to tap into further there are also other factors at play. With further Thursday night European games still to come in the last 16 of the Europe League and potentially beyond, more Sunday matches are a certainty - a situation that can cause travel difficulties for some supporters and makes offering PPV an appealing option

19 minutes ago, bennett said:

Rangers and Sky Sports have agreed an innovative TVrights swap deal that will see an extra live match broadcast from Ibrox on the satellite channel during the remainder of the current season.

And it's understood that in return Rangers have received the ability to broadcast two more home games on Pay Per View.

The club already beam out live from every match to the rest of the world but only five Ibrox contests can be shown in the UK as part of the TV deal. The new arrangement means British viewers will now be able to stump up for a further pair of home matches on demand direct from the club.

The agreement comes on the back of relationship building behind the scenes between the Rangers hierarchy and Sky led by CEO James Bisgrove and new commercial director Karim Virani. While there has been criticism in the past of the quantum involved in the SPFL's TV deal this has never been aimed towards the broadcaster who the club feel are an excellent partner.

While PPV matches offer a lucrative revenue stream for Rangers to tap into further there are also other factors at play. With further Thursday night European games still to come in the last 16 of the Europe League and potentially beyond, more Sunday matches are a certainty - a situation that can cause travel difficulties for some supporters and makes offering PPV an appealing option

Whilst on the face of it this looks lucrative, I’d expect most fans who don’t actually go to games already have a dodgy fire stick to watch it on therefore seriously impacting this as an income stream.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Whilst on the face of it this looks lucrative, I’d expect most fans who don’t actually go to games already have a dodgy fire stick to watch it on therefore seriously impacting this as an income stream.

I saw an article the other day about the EPL and Sky clamping down on dodgy football streams, I'm assuming that the same will be happening in the spfl.

I'm guessing that PPV has been profitable or otherwise we wouldn't be doing it.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

I saw an article the other day about the EPL and Sky clamping down on dodgy football streams, I'm assuming that the same will be happening in the spfl.

I'm guessing that PPV has been profitable or otherwise we wouldn't be doing it.

They'll never be able to stop illegal streaming.

5 hours ago, bennett said:

Greenied for the reappearance of “quantum” in relation to Ibrox finances. 

Being reported we have rejected a loan bid from Galatasaray for Yilmaz with a £3.4m option to buy.

I find it a bit concerning there is so much talk of Yilmaz heading out the door when he has just started to come into a bit of form and our other LB in Barisic is out injured and is well past his best.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Being reported we have rejected a loan bid from Galatasaray for Yilmaz with a £3.4m option to buy.

I find it a bit concerning there is so much talk of Yilmaz heading out the door when he has just started to come into a bit of form and our other LB in Barisic is out injured and is well past his best.

You apparently - along with Celtic - tabled a bid for Owen Beck, which was rejected.

On 09/01/2024 at 20:19, kingjoey said:

That’s certainly not true. It is very high.

I've sat in it to watch Hearts before. It's very high, but is actually a good view of the pitch. Although, I recall my view stopped exactly at the touchline, which was weird.

You can see the actual game much better than in the normal away end, in terms of shape and the play. But you're removed from it. It's a bit like watching a game on the telly.