Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Christ, this is Celtic levels of paranoia...................gies some examples which should have been cited? 

Devante Cole v Celtic, Steven Naismith v Celtic, Drey Wright v Rangers, Curtis Main v Rangers. By all accounts Haunstrup should've got a straight red v St Mirren. All escaped the correct on field punishment and retrospective action.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Devante Cole v Celtic, Steven Naismith v Celtic, Drey Wright v Rangers, Curtis Main v Rangers. By all accounts Haunstrup should've got a straight red v St Mirren. All escaped the correct on field punishment and retrospective action.

🤣you are still banging the "drey wright" drum............ok, im out - you are right, its a conspiracy to stop rangers winning the title.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

🤣you are still banging the "drey wright" drum............ok, im out - you are right, its a conspiracy to stop rangers winning the title.

And the others? Are you suggesting that there's been no foul worthy of a red card this season that hasn't been given one in the field and they then also escaped retrospective action?

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Given the nature of the foul, it is abundantly clear that the referee did not see the incident clearly, and therefore your first sentence is incorrect.

Given the referee's position and the fact that he booked Roofe for the challenge means it is far from abundantly clear he never seen it.

My view is the referee cocked up, and this "referee never seen it clearly" excuse is used by the SFA to retrospectively cite players without admitting the referee got it wrong at the time.

Hard neck moaning about retrospective punishment. Keeps 11 on the pitch to win the game at the time. Would think somebody of his standing in the game would realise to keep the head down and take the breaks when you get them.

Started his managerial career embarrassing himself with rants about referees, seems he can’t change his spots after all. 
Watch out for the slippy patches just before the halfway line.

9 minutes ago, big al said:

Hard neck moaning about retrospective punishment. Keeps 11 on the pitch to win the game at the time. Would think somebody of his standing in the game would realise to keep the head down and take the breaks when you get them.

Started his managerial career embarrassing himself with rants about referees, seems he can’t change his spots after all. 
Watch out for the slippy patches just before the halfway line.

Just accept being treated differently to the other 11 clubs in the league and accept a serious disadvantage?

Retrospective punishment can only be used if the incident has been  missed by the officials, rules are not being followed in order to ban our players. 

Trial by media which see's one team disproportionately cited compared to other teams.

Aye we should just accept it.

26 minutes ago, AJF said:

Given the referee's position and the fact that he booked Roofe for the challenge means it is far from abundantly clear he never seen it.

My view is the referee cocked up, and this "referee never seen it clearly" excuse is used by the SFA to retrospectively cite players without admitting the referee got it wrong at the time.

It’s a conspiracy.

Just now, kingjoey said:

It’s a conspiracy.

I've never claimed it is a conspiracy. I can see the merits in people's argument stating Rangers benefitted from keeping Roofe on the park so don't try and put words in my mouth. I'm simply agreeing with Gerrard that the disciplinary system is extremely inconsistent. I've yet to be convinced otherwise given the amount of incidents that go unpunished compared to others. I've given examples of these incidents yet nobody appears to be contradicting me with opposing views on them.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I've never claimed it is a conspiracy. I can see the merits in people's argument stating Rangers benefitted from keeping Roofe on the park so don't try and put words in my mouth. I'm simply agreeing with Gerrard that the disciplinary system is extremely inconsistent. I've yet to be convinced otherwise given the amount of incidents that go unpunished compared to others. I've given examples of these incidents yet nobody appears to be contradicting me with opposing views on them.

Ok then, the only one that I remember is Curtis Main’s challenge, and if we had VAR he may have been sent off, but probably not. The three incidents that have gone against Rangers players this season, had we had VAR they would all have been sent off on one look at the footage. That’s the difference.

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Just accept being treated differently to the other 11 clubs in the league and accept a serious disadvantage?

Retrospective punishment can only be used if the incident has been  missed by the officials, rules are not being followed in order to ban our players. 

Trial by media which see's one team disproportionately cited compared to other teams.

Any of the bans your players have received are fully deserved. 
Remember McGregor wildly going through Ferguson with his studs at Pittodrie couple of years ago. You wouldn’t have won that game if the ref had acted but he didn’t at the time. The list is long.
Get your own house in order first. 
Gerrard letting himself down to be honest. 
Must frustrate you though the amount of times that Scott Brown has escaped retrospective punishment. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Ok then, the only one that I remember is Curtis Main’s challenge, and if we had VAR he may have been sent off, but probably not. The three incidents that have gone against Rangers players this season, had we had VAR they would all have been sent off on one look at the footage. That’s the difference.

VAR would affect every team and we'd have consistency. That wouldn't see any complaints from me.

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

Jesus suffering f**k.

'One team' is disproportionately cited compared to other teams because 'one team' gets away with a disproportionate amount of onfield incidents.

Edited by Merkland Red

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If you genuinely feel there have been no other incidents worthy of a red card or retrospective action this season other than those committed by Rangers then I feel we will need to agree to disagree and call it a day there.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Jesus suffering f**k.

'One team' is disproportionately cited compared to other teams because 'one team' gets away with a disproportionate amount of onfield incidents.

No one has limited this to two teams, we're discussing consistency within the league.  You were putting words in my mouth there.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Spot the referee...

EtVTUn6XcAEo4fX.jpeg.582c96f7d498f1813b597fc7fba8c2f9.jpeg

1 hour ago, bennett said:

VAR would affect every team and we'd have consistency. That wouldn't see any complaints from me.

Have you seen any of the shite decisions made by the VAR in England? If you haven’t, believe me you don’t want any VARs anywhere near Scottish football.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

If you genuinely feel there have been no other incidents worthy of a red card or retrospective action this season other than those committed by Rangers then I feel we will need to agree to disagree and call it a day there.

You will note that I said the only one that I can remember.