Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Lo and behold, as if it was scripted, there are Twitter rumours that Tavernier has picked up an injury.

If it is true and he is out for any of our fixtures, it just makes Patterson's actions even more infuriating as we are now left with no recognised right back available.

I'd guess that Ryan Jack would be moved across there and if he is fit enough to start, we will probably see Arfield come into midfield against Antwerp.

Edited by AJF

Tavernier is fine for tomorrow.

More I think about it the more I’m mellowing on the younger kids. I don’t really grudge them having a game of Cluedo between themselves and their lassies, or whatever it was. Tough for kids that age.

Zungu should have known better, but again I kinda sympathise a wee bit. New country, not able to integrate etc. Unfortunately, experienced pros should know better so he’ll carry more responsibility for it.

Reckon Zungu will return to Amiens, Patterson and Bassey survive and Dapo and Kinnear continue on their trajectory towards the exit door.

21 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
BREAKING! FIVE Rangers players found to have breached Covid-19 protocols
Patterson, Zungu, Bassey, Mebude and Kinnear are the five Ibrox stars named as having broken rules

from PLZ Soccer

That’s them down 7 squad players including Edmondson and Jones - door creaking open for Celtic.

14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s them down 7 squad players including Edmondson and Jones - door creaking open for Celtic.

The loss of Brian Kinnear could make all the difference in the title run-in.

Patterson, Bassey and Zungu would have played a part in the run in, they've fcuked that up with their stupidity. A lengthy suspension from the club beckons and  an sfa ban too, can't see any way back for any of them. 

50 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

'Stars' is a bit of a stretch.

They could go on to play for Kelty Hearts, Hereford and Accrington Stanley but for the rest of their lives the Scottish media would call them "Former Rangers star". Same would apply if they played the next 12  years with Barcelona. 

Again, I’m quite pleased with the way Rangers have handled this, as I was with the Jones and Edmundson fiasco.

They were made aware of the alleged breaches, promised to investigate it, kept them away from the squad and have now confirmed they’ll be punishing the players while communicating with the relevant authorities on how best to manage the situation.

10 minutes ago, TommyLeePwns said:

If I were Patterson I'd be feeling like a right knobber today. 

Boy has the potential to go far in the game, but not if he doesn’t become more professional.

Fork in the road moment for him. He either knuckles down and fulfils his potential or he joins the long list of Scottish players who pissed their talent away by making terrible personal decisions.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Reckon Zungu will return to Amiens, Patterson and Bassey survive and Dapo and Kinnear continue on their trajectory towards the exit door.

So bin the shite ones and keep the decent ones. Seems fair.