Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

19 minutes ago, G51 said:

I assume it's to stop Balogun, Barisic and Davis having to play v Cove when they're fresh off three international games (two for Davis).

Really? It’s only Cove and you’re at home as well. I have already praised Rangers for their handling of this situation, but they’ve let themselves down here.

1 hour ago, BigBo10 said:

Not sure why but we’ve appealed the COVID bans to Paterson et al. Strange decision for me.

Agree with this, seem pointless as they clearly broke the rules. 

Just get the 4 game ban out of the way. 

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Really? It’s only Cove and you’re at home as well. I have already praised Rangers for their handling of this situation, but they’ve let themselves down here.

I've no idea if that's right or not, it's just a guess.

It's not so much about worrying whether we win the game or not, it's about offloading the players - Balogun can't do a lot of matches in a short period of time, and Davis and Barisic have played too much football this season and need time taken out of their legs.

I don't know why Rangers have appealed, but that's my best guess at it.

14 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Britt Assombalonga? 

Would be a very good signing. 

The Boro fans all hate him and think he's shite now. I know it's on a bosman but I'm not massively keen.

Edited by DMCs

15 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I can only assume that Rangers believe the severity of the suspensions is too harsh, not that they believe there was no wrong doing.

You feel that if Gerrard had more cover at right back he may be less keen to throw out the overblown rhetoric.

I've got no issue them appealing the decision. After all, a 4 match ban for breaking regulations he was very well aware of and ones his teammates (in Jones and Edmundson) fell foul of earlier in the season, may or may not be about right. However trying to use the "he's a good player so he should be given a break" logic is embarrassing stuff.

Absolute riddy of a statement from the Sevcovian-in-chief.

Maybe there are mitigating circumstances that should indeed be taken into account, who knows? If so, fine.

But pleading to have him let off because he may or may not become a good player is awful. Maybe that's how things are done in England though. Didn't Shearer and Gerrard himself get away with murder (not literally) while England national team stalwarts?

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Kamara should not be banned. I doubt UEFA would have the stomach for that fight.

I'd imagine if there is any evidence that Kamara has indeed assaulted Kudela, then Rangers will likely state that Kamara was acting out of anger and distress brought on by Kudela's actions. It may allow for any potential suspension to be mitigated/reduced.

I'm not sure if these "proceedings" mean they already have grounds/evidence to take action or if it is just the beginning of the fact-finding exercise.

I would hope that the proceedings against Kamara would be a quick wrap of the knuckles for putting one on Kudela in the tunnel (if that is in fact what he did, I hae ma doots).

A good 6-8 game ban for Kudela would send a signal that UEFA was in fact serious about racism. Again, I hae ma doots, but I'm hopeful.

Just now, AJF said:

I'd imagine if there is any evidence that Kamara has indeed assaulted Kudela, then Rangers will likely state that Kamara was acting out of anger and distress brought on by Kudela's actions. It may allow for any potential suspension to be mitigated/reduced.

I'm not sure if these "proceedings" mean they already have grounds/evidence to take action or if it is just the beginning of the fact-finding exercise.

They’ve already conducted preliminary fact finding, so I’d imagine this is them testing the waters. They already have a fairly good idea of what happened.

UEFA trying to hand Kamara a five game ban will go down like a lead balloon in the court of public opinion, and will be correctly recognised by all sensible people as enabling racism.

Just now, velo army said:

I would hope that the proceedings against Kamara would be a quick wrap of the knuckles for putting one on Kudela in the tunnel (if that is in fact what he did, I hae ma doots).

A good 6-8 game ban for Kudela would send a signal that UEFA was in fact serious about racism. Again, I hae ma doots, but I'm hopeful.

The punishments are already set out in the UEFA Rules. Kudela is a minimum ten game ban. Kamara’s is set at five.