Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Since Gio came in we have played pretty much every single weekend/midweek and will continue to do so up until December pretty much. I don't think we can select the same starting 11 each week or the players will get burnt out, especially players like Davis who is probably in his last season before retiring and Jack who is prone to picking up niggles when playing too much.

What about Yilmaz ? And the Polish full back ?

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What about Yilmaz ? And the Polish full back ?

What exactly about Yilmaz? He has been here less than a month and is in competition with our first choice left back. He is also 21 years old is clearly seen as a long term replacement for Borna given the investment we made on him. Unless you are suggesting that he is somehow a failed signing after being here for less than 30 days?

And Zukowski is a 20 year old that was signed in January for about £400k on the back of us selling Nathan Patterson. Given that even Patterson struggled for game time with Tavernier in the side, I'm not sure what you are expecting from him exactly?

You could've picked out a few transfers under Gio that haven't worked out. How you've opted for these two, I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

What exactly about Yilmaz? He has been here less than a month and is in competition with our first choice left back. He is also 21 years old is clearly seen as a long term replacement for Borna given the investment we made on him. Unless you are suggesting that he is somehow a failed signing after being here for less than 30 days?

And Zukowski is a 20 year old that was signed in January for about £400k on the back of us selling Nathan Patterson. Given that even Patterson struggled for game time with Tavernier in the side, I'm not sure what you are expecting from him exactly?

You could've picked out a few transfers under Gio that haven't worked out. How you've opted for these two, I'm not sure.

Well time will tell. It’s his team now even though he’s not playing a lot of his own signings.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Well time will tell. It’s his team now even though he’s not playing a lot of his own signings.

Transfers brought in by Gio since his arrival that are still at the club consists of:

Colak: Has played in all of our matches this season

Lawrence: Has played in all of our matches this season

Sands: Has played in all bar one of our matches this season

Tillman: Has played in all bar one of our matches this season

Matondo: Has played in all bar two of our matches this season

Davies: Has played in 3 out of 7 matches

Yilmaz: Has played in 2 out of 6 matches since joining

Souttar: Has played in 1 match v Livi and has been on bereavement leave/injured since

Zukowski: Is in our development squad, never going to be challenging Tavernier any time soon

I think you are overstating this a bit considering it is only Zukowski that hasn't featured for us this season, which is down to him being a 20 year old in our development squad that plays in the same position as Tav.

37 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

No but he also randomly drops others like Davis and Jack, brings Kamara in, released a steady CH and plays a midfielder there.  All the marks of a guy that doesnt have a club what his best team is.

Davis can't play twice a week, Jack has always had niggling injuries, I agree with you about Balogun.

We'll have to rotate a lot of players, while new players will need bedded in.

49 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

PSV have managed to keep their best players until after Wednesday.  Rangers board have sold the manager and the fans down the river as shite a coach he seems to be.

Rangers had huge financial losses last season,  players were always going to be sold. As the board have said the club needs to be self sustaining. 

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Transfers brought in by Gio since his arrival that are still at the club consists of:

Colak: Has played in all of our matches this season

Lawrence: Has played in all of our matches this season

Sands: Has played in all bar one of our matches this season

Tillman: Has played in all bar one of our matches this season

Matondo: Has played in all bar two of our matches this season

Davies: Has played in 3 out of 7 matches

Yilmaz: Has played in 2 out of 6 matches since joining

Souttar: Has played in 1 match v Livi and has been on bereavement leave/injured since

Zukowski: Is in our development squad, never going to be challenging Tavernier any time soon

I think you are overstating this a bit considering it is only Zukowski that hasn't featured for us this season, which is down to him being a 20 year old in our development squad that plays in the same position as Tav.

We will see how successful it is - that’s the way to judge. He’s only really got one team to finish above domestically.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Davis can't play twice a week, Jack has always had niggling injuries, I agree with you about Balogun.

We'll have to rotate a lot of players, while new players will need bedded in.

Rangers had huge financial losses last season,  players were always going to be sold. As the board have said the club needs to be self sustaining. 

Could have sold after the qualifiers though just like PSV are doing instead of coming across completely desperate for the cash and taking a massive gamble now on qualification. 

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We will see how successful it is - that’s the way to judge. He’s only really got one team to finish above domestically.

Totally agree. Whether they are good enough or not will be seen, I just don't think the claim of him not playing his own signings is accurate.

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Could have sold after the qualifiers though just like PSV are doing instead of coming across completely desperate for the cash and taking a massive gamble now on qualification. 

We were desperate for cash though,  it's hardly a secret. Ideally we should have sold and signed players earlier. 

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

@AJF I would assume GVB won’t offer Morelos a new contract now ?

He mentioned 3 weeks ago that talks were progressing well and that he was close to signing a new deal. Whether this changes things, I'm not sure. I'd imagine he may want to see his reaction first.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

We were desperate for cash though,  it's hardly a secret. Ideally we should have sold and signed players earlier. 

You would have still gotten the cash the end of this week, if not more cash as clubs become desperate for bodies and its risking the Champions League pot.

Surely with season ticket sales and the European run you werent that desperate for the money right away?  Aribo and Bassey without a doubt could have made the difference then sell.  

Edited by Hoose Rice

Just now, Stringer Bell said:

Morelos is surely done at Ibrox now after this. A week left to punt him, should probably still get £ 5-8 million you would think.

Would be lovely if he rejected any move and signed a PCA in January.  Power is with the player in the final year as we know oh so well. 

13 minutes ago, Stringer Bell said:

Morelos is surely done at Ibrox now after this. A week left to punt him, should probably still get £ 5-8 million you would think.

imagine unveiling that fat mess as a deadline day signing - it'd be a hard sell convincing a new set of fans that anything over a couple of mil was worth punting on him.