Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

So much talent that just fizzled out. He became stale domestically, whereas in Europe he was generally one of our better performers.

Other than our title winning season, his numbers were nowhere near what they needed to be but it just seems like a case of what could have been. If he was consistent he'd be going to a better side than Fenerbahce.

I always got the impression he enjoyed being a footballer but didnt really enjoy playing football.

Big stage, bright lights, he'd thrive but your bog standard away games were just him going through motions.

Probably both wrong and harsh.

Interesting signing this. Has a poor scoring record but looks tidy on the ball and running at players. I get the impression he will be deployed in the dual false 10 roles that Beale likes.

He also seems willing to do the dirty work and track back as well which fits the profile of player Beale has been speaking about.

D77E6775-5030-489F-B239-1AAA4EC3DA90.jpeg

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Interesting signing this. Has a poor scoring record but looks tidy on the ball and running at players. I get the impression he will be deployed in the dual false 10 roles that Beale likes.

He also seems willing to do the dirty work and track back as well which fits the profile of player Beale has been speaking about.

FWIW

lammers.thumb.png.f2c72720b5c3b48821582431f012ce5c.png

Obvious context from this season is that Serie A is a much better league than our own and he'll be going from a side relegated to a title challenger. 18/19 his best season I think, before his Serie A move.

Style wise he seems Morelos-y in that hes good at everything?

sommers2.png.a6066795a33557fc41df1b4290fb3c71.png

Think he'll be a striker for you, rather than playing off one.

23 hours ago, AJF said:

Or alternatively he could be a cross between Cedric Itten and Scott Wright in terms of impact.

I'm fully in the believe in Beales choices camp. 

I essentially only watch scottish games and prem games so i have no clue about half the players we're linked with nowadays. It's encouraging that he seems to be choosing the players, I got the impression that Gio didn't choose any of the players signed in his tenure.

You could accuse us of doing the Warbuton signing English league jobbers tactic but it's worked well with Cantwell and I reckon Beale can find a few gems. 

I don't think we're singing Tillman either so we really need to get some players that will hit the ground running. 

Also think it's funny people slagging of Kent. Overall I don't think he was worth the money, he had a few belter games against celtc and in Europe, the Dortmund away game was a glimpse of the player he could have been but he was really inconsistent and essentially shite in front of goal however Turkish league isn't some massive step down. He'll be living in a lovely climate, cracking wages, fanatical fans and a decent standard of football with chances of European football. 

Edited by RuMoore

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Or alternatively he could be a cross between Cedric Itten and Scott Wright in terms of impact.

I never really predicted how well (or not) he’d do. He may well be, I just said it was an interesting signing.

On the subject I'm very happy for Itten. He was quite clearly more than capable for this league but we used him very poorly and our style didn't suit him however he quite clearly knows where the goal is and would excel in a lot of teams. 

Edited by RuMoore

I note the latest statement out of Ibrox throws more toys out of the pram because the rest of Scottish football didn't do the Old Firm's bidding.

It's also interesting to note that, contrary to what we were led to believe, Maxwell and Doncaster have been acting on orders from Ibrox, and Rangers, as we all well knew, have absolutely no interest in producing players for the Scottish international team.

41 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I note the latest statement out of Ibrox throws more toys out of the pram because the rest of Scottish football didn't do the Old Firm's bidding.

It's also interesting to note that, contrary to what we were led to believe, Maxwell and Doncaster have been acting on orders from Ibrox, and Rangers, as we all well knew, have absolutely no interest in producing players for the Scottish international team.

"the clear, beneficial impact that B Teams have on top international sides". The Rangers board have a heart of gold and are only thinking about the welfare of Scotland's international team. God bless them.