Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I note the latest statement out of Ibrox throws more toys out of the pram because the rest of Scottish football didn't do the Old Firm's bidding.

It's also interesting to note that, contrary to what we were led to believe, Maxwell and Doncaster have been acting on orders from Ibrox, and Rangers, as we all well knew, have absolutely no interest in producing players for the Scottish international team.

That explains their ineptitude then.

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

Now official that Lammers has joined. Fourth summer signing so far and I’m pleased we seem to be doing our business early. I suppose it was needed with the level of overhaul required.

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1669389481844043776?s=46&t=m9ZjO5H-7g8jnIzYxZXYPQ

667214CF-3BE7-4A8C-B17E-481C5DA2AD0D.jpeg

Looking like he'll bang in the goals if his recent record is anything to go by.

🙂

17 minutes ago, AJF said:

Now official that Lammers has joined. Fourth summer signing so far and I’m pleased we seem to be doing our business early. I suppose it was needed with the level of overhaul required.

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1669389481844043776?s=46&t=m9ZjO5H-7g8jnIzYxZXYPQ

667214CF-3BE7-4A8C-B17E-481C5DA2AD0D.jpeg

Looks like a Tory, perfect fit for Sevco.

12 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

🙂

You’re not wrong.

I’m still not convinced he will be deployed as a striker though. Get the feeling he will be like Aribo in terms of how we play him.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

You’re not wrong.

I’m still not convinced he will be deployed as a striker though. Get the feeling he will be like Aribo in terms of how we play him.

It's a lower quality of league he's moved to and bound to get more chances to score.

I suppose you should factor in that those other teams must have saw something in him.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

🙂

The 26-year-old spent last season on loan at Empoli and Sampdoria in Serie A, scoring twice in a combined 34 appearances.image.gif.3e22f601a67ae95f2058cd6697f3da91.gif

The Lammers signing is an interesting one.  His recent form doesn't seem that great, but Atalanta saw enough in him earlier in his career to spend €9m euros on him.

In Cantwell we have a player that looked destined for great things and then went off the boil a bit, but now looks like a player enjoying his football again.  Hopefully Lammers falls into that category of a confidence player that we can build back up again.

Or he'll be shite, what do I know? 

21 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The Lammers signing is an interesting one.  His recent form doesn't seem that great, but Atalanta saw enough in him earlier in his career to spend €9m euros on him.

In Cantwell we have a player that looked destined for great things and then went off the boil a bit, but now looks like a player enjoying his football again.  Hopefully Lammers falls into that category of a confidence player that we can build back up again.

Or he'll be shite, what do I know? 

I think I've fallen into the YouTube trap and I'm a bit optimistic about the signing after watching some of his highlights.

On 14/06/2023 at 21:49, Dundee Hibernian said:

I note the latest statement out of Ibrox throws more toys out of the pram because the rest of Scottish football didn't do the Old Firm's bidding.

It's also interesting to note that, contrary to what we were led to believe, Maxwell and Doncaster have been acting on orders from Ibrox, and Rangers, as we all well knew, have absolutely no interest in producing players for the Scottish international team.

About time all that thistly tartan nonsense was stopped and we all just played for Engerland