Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Good luck to Jamie Murphy if this move does indeed happen. He's a cracking player at this level and did well in his time at Fir Park, he deserves a big move. Obviously many 'Well fans won't be happy to see him join Rangers but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'd much rather see him at Rangers than Aberdeen, Hearts or Celtic to name but a few. It'll be a sore one to see him playing against us mind you.

Good luck to Jamie Murphy if this move does indeed happen. He's a cracking player at this level and did well in his time at Fir Park, he deserves a big move. Obviously many 'Well fans won't be happy to see him join Rangers but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'd much rather see him at Rangers than Aberdeen, Hearts or Celtic to name but a few. It'll be a sore one to see him playing against us mind you.

^^^ wee team found.

I liked Pena. The truth is, he was probably too good for Scottish football. Good players need other good players to thrive. He was instrumental in disposing of Scotlands second best team twice in the space of a week. His passing was excellent.

[emoji1]

I liked Pena. The truth is, he was probably too good for Scottish football. Good players need other good players to thrive. He was instrumental in disposing of Scotlands second best team twice in the space of a week. His passing was excellent.
^^^Agent found^^^

Fair play to Murph.

He's only played 465 mins of football this season and his last league involvement was 9 minutes back in September. He's coming back up the road, will play every week and will be one of the first names on the team sheet, he's spent plenty time at League 1 and Championship level so I can understand why a move to Rangers is appealing. Seems a pretty safe move from his point of view tbh.

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Fair play to Murph.

He's only played 465 mins of football this season and his last league involvement was 9 minutes back in September. He's coming back up the road, will play every week and will be one of the first names on the team sheet, he's spent plenty time at League 1 and Championship level so I can understand why a move to Rangers is appealing. Seems a pretty safe move from his point of view tbh.

Heard that he was the one who contacted Rangers about wanting to move. 

Odd move, tbh, unless Windass is moving. Both pretty identical in terms of position and style, Murphy less physical and poorer 1v1 with full backs.

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Murphy saying Rangers have had a good season so far...

Could've been worse I suppose....

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Odd move, tbh, unless Windass is moving. Both pretty identical in terms of position and style, Murphy less physical and poorer 1v1 with full backs.

Either that or Windows being played more through the middle or we're really short of cover....

2 hours ago, WeWereThePeople said:

Haha jesus christ. I will never understand people who still act like Pena wasn't a terrible signing.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Preston were in for Windass earlier in the window no? There's also a pretty healthy dislike for the bold Joshua amongst the Rangers fans. Getting cash for him and bringing in Murphy would probably work out quite well for them.

Just now, capt_oats said:

Preston were in for Windass earlier in the window no? There's also a pretty healthy dislike for the bold Joshua amongst the Rangers fans. Getting cash for him and bringing in Murphy would probably work out quite well for them.

Murphy out wide with Windass through the middle? 

Either that or Windows being played more through the middle or we're really short of cover....
I think you lose something with him central. I know he's a total hate figure to many, but I'm fairly sure he, and Tavernier, have been your best players this season in terms of pure stats.

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

If anyone had any doubt that this is a new club, here’s your proof

Declan
Sean
Murphy
Docherty
Liam Kelly

Tragic post - even by your low standards.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Oor Josh has heaps of ability but physical he is not.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:
5 minutes ago, bennett said:

I think you lose something with him central. I know he's a total hate figure to many, but I'm fairly sure he, and Tavernier, have been your best players this season in terms of pure stats.

One game he can look as if he can rip any team apart, the next it's like he's never seen a baw before.

Along with Candy.... They've piled in with a fare few assists.

Oor Josh has heaps of ability but physical he is not.
Exactly..
One game he can look as if he can rip any team apart, the next it's like he's never seen a baw before.
Along with Candy.... They've piled in with a fare few assists.
I'm not sure Murphy is any more consistent tbh.

I've always thought you lot need a proper quality "number ten" playmaker. Jack, Dorrans, Windass, Candieas and Morelos are all top two players in terms of output you'd expect from them. Like Krancjar, but if he could run for ninety minutes.

2 hours ago, WeWereThePeople said:

Your name and your post go together like soap and water! ( maybe not the best synonym to use!)