Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

20 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Shankland to Rangers is almost a dead cert. Would just be typical.

They'd probably want a few million for him, can't see that happening. 

Just now, Fife Saint said:

I wonder what the circumstances of allowing him to speak and agree terms before Rangers agree a fee. That cant be right?

You see it more frequently these days. Clubs have probably not agreed terms but have a rough agreement in place. Club knows player wants to go.

Just now, Fife Saint said:

Cant help feel it would undermine some leverage on the selling club's part. Must be some framework agreement in place already.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You see it more frequently these days. Clubs have probably not agreed terms but have a rough agreement in place. Club knows player wants to go.

yeah, wonder if Lille put in a rough £X million bid and now that they've agreed terms with Morelos it's just stuff like haggling over how much of the fee is up front vs. in instalments, any cut due to Rangers* for a future transfer and the like.

23 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Boyd also played at a time when the standard of the opponents was far superior in my opinion.. stats for a striker are pretty simple, you either score or you dont, Boyd's stats are impressive. 

Boyd played at a time when there wasn’t such a huge disparity between Celtic and Rangers. It’s not as if others teams are winning anything, Celtic are winning everything. 

And yes, of course Boyd’s stats were impressive but so are Morelos’ and he has definitely outperformed Boyd when playing in Europe.

Morelos, in my opinion, has far more ability than Boyd. If you disagree, fair enough.

Just now, Golden Gordon said:

Exchange rate's been hellish since brexit. 

that and it's probably worth noting that Rangers* have haemorrhaged eye bleeding sums of money over the last 5 years, if not more.

It'll be a decent fee but I'd be a bit surprised if its anything like £10M+. I'd guess close to £9M (including any instalments and the like), maybe. 

38 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Shankland to Rangers is almost a dead cert. Would just be typical.

I would have thought Sam Cosgrove to be more likely. Proven goalscorer in Premiership, fee required already established and he didn't fancy going to France but you would assume that he does see Rangers as a step up from Aberdeen.

9 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I would have thought Sam Cosgrove to be more likely. Proven goalscorer in Premiership, fee required already established and he didn't fancy going to France but you would assume that he does see Rangers as a step up from Aberdeen.

Pipe.jpg

39 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Cant help feel it would undermine some leverage on the selling club's part. Must be some framework agreement in place already.

I've always been under the impression no rules are broken as the buying club (Lille) don't, technically, speak to the player. 

They'll go through his agent, which breaks no rules, and unofficially agree terms.

Is that shite for the selling side? Yes.

Have Rangers done the exact same thing to unsettle a player to try and drive down the price, as the selling club are left with a player who wants to leave? Absolutely.