Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

• Bully Wee Villa changed the title to Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25
1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Serious question. Why could only around 35,000 Rangers fans be bothered to turn up last night for one of their most important games of the season?

Cost probably for a game live on council telly. When you've just forked out £500+ for a Season Ticket and bought over priced replica shirts.

Much as some Rangers types would like you to believe they're some sort of exclusive establishment club that drips in money the demographic of their support is very much made up of ordinary working people. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Serious question. Why could only around 35,000 Rangers fans be bothered to turn up last night for one of their most important games of the season?

I was wondering that myself. Best I can come up with is apathy.

I don’t think it helps when we are unable to use our Continuous Credit Card Scheme at Hampden. This usually means you enrol automatically for all non-season ticket home games and payment is taken without you having to go in and purchase your seat.

Whatever the reason it was embarrassing to see so many empty seats.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

7 wins in 18 competitive games and now a worse record than Beale, a disastrous transfer window, no tactical style despite being in role for close to a year, throwing away the league from a winnable position last season, freezing out players he doesn’t like on a personal level and now a disaster in the CL qualifying - perhaps they’ve seen through Clement ?

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

7 wins in 18 competitive games and now a worse record than Beale, a disastrous transfer window, no tactical style despite being in role for close to a year, throwing away the league from a winnable position last season, freezing out players he doesn’t like on a personal level and now a disaster in the CL qualifying - perhaps they’ve seen through Clement ?

Yet the idiots gave him a 4 year contract & can’t afford to pay him off.

The guy is a clown & getting more irrational by the week.

Such a shame.

No…. Really…. It is 🤭

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I was wondering that myself. Best I can come up with is apathy.

I don’t think it helps when we are unable to use our Continuous Credit Card Scheme at Hampden. This usually means you enrol automatically for all non-season ticket home games and payment is taken without you having to go in and purchase your seat.

Whatever the reason it was embarrassing to see so many empty seats.

I wouldn’t be too harsh on your fellow supporters.  The price of tickets theses days is getting out of hand for people that have to budget.  I don’t blame supporters of any team that feel their £35+ can be better spent on themselves or their families, particularly when the game is live on TV (I don’t think football clubs can be too surprised they can’t always have it both ways - TV money and crowd money).

So that am not getting mistaken for a Rangers fans - what is going on with your team?  I don’t know the players well enough individually to comment on their ability but at times last night it looks like they hardly train together.  There doesn’t appear to be much desire in tackles and back tracking either from some of the players and that is down to the manager, particularly from players that he brought to the club.   I’d genuinely be worried that your manager was given an extended contract.  On current form I can’t see that decision ending well.

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

They did well to get 35,000 to watch muck like Yilmaz, Jefte, McAusland, Lawrence & Dessers etc 

Or, or they walking away from The Rangers, like they did with Rangers? 

7 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Yet the idiots gave him a 4 year contract & can’t afford to pay him off.

The guy is a clown & getting more irrational by the week.

Such a shame.

No…. Really…. It is 🤭

Yeah, clown is probably a fair assessment.

It’s his team now as well. The players are not playing for him. Diomande was crapping out of tackles all over the place, Souttar can’t be arsed running (tbf he is an awful footballer), Lawrence does zero work, Yilmaz was desperate to come off all night (see Cortes vs Hearts).

He has somehow made the team worse than Beale which is quite an achievement.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

7 wins in 18 competitive games and now a worse record than Beale

While I appreciate the point you are making, you do realise that Beale has the highest win percentage of any manager in our history (if you exclude McCoist in the lower leagues)?

So to say Clement has a worse record than Beale is correct, it’s also true that every other manager in our history has a worse record than him if you are basing it purely on winning matches.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

While I appreciate the point you are making, you do realise that Beale has the highest win percentage of any manager in our history (if you exclude McCoist in the lower leagues)?

So to say Clement has a worse record than Beale is correct, it’s also true that every other manager in our history has a worse record than him if you are basing it purely on winning matches.

Yeah, Clement has you guys wrapped round his little finger that’s for sure.

He’s just cost you a crack at a €40m prize due to his awful tactics, signings and team selection and he still gets little stick.

Enjoy the next 4 years under him as, as was mentioned by another poster you can’t afford to sack the dud.

Clement has a veneer of credibility as a football manager, but the mask slipped a couple of times last season and this season Rangers look every bit as bad (so far) as they've ever been in recent years. 

Clement getting Rangers board to openly commit to him and his "project" for the long term, whilst obviously bullshit, he'll be sacked at some point, is proper Robert California stuff. 

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yeah, Clement has you guys wrapped round his little finger that’s for sure.

He’s just cost you a crack at a €40m prize due to his awful tactics, signings and team selection and he still gets little stick.

Enjoy the next 4 years under him as, as was mentioned by another poster you can’t afford to sack the dud.

I think you’ve completely missed the point I was making.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Glasgow geography isn’t really my thing Joey, so not sure how early you’d need to leave Hampden to beat the traffic on the Kingston Bridge. Might just not be worth turning up?