Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

42 minutes ago, AJF said:

What? 😂

What has any kind of honorific culture (or lack of) got to do with two folk that put up videos doing silly dances.

???

I thought I explained it well enough in my previous contribution. Here's take 2 for your benefit.

One set of videos is from a c**t of a bloke who - even your own club's fans agree - has an overly inflated sense of his own insignificance = Todd Cantwell.

The other set of videos is from someone brought up in an honorific culture which promotes individual contribution for the overall benefit of a team objective = Kyogo Furuhashi.

Have you already forgotten Clement hooking Todd Cantwell in a European game after 35 minutes for not following team instructions??

Edited by Barney Rubble

17 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

???

I thought I explained it well enough in my previous contribution. Here's take 2 for your benefit.

One set of videos is from a c**t of a bloke who - even your own club's fans agree - has an overly inflated sense of his own insignificance = Todd Cantwell.

The other set of videos is from someone brought up in an honorific culture which promotes individual contribution for the overall benefit of a team objective = Kyogo Furuhashi.

Have you already forgotten Clement hooking Todd Cantwell in a European game after 35 minutes for not following team instructions??

But if they are both posting similar kinds of silly videos, why is one viewed differently just based on what nationality he is? 

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

But if they are both posting similar kinds of silly videos, why is one viewed differently just based on what nationality he is? 

You've completely missed the point.

Individual focus (Cantwell) v Team focus (Furuhashi).

I''ll leave it at that.

Edited by Barney Rubble

2 hours ago, AJF said:

I think a longer term “rebuild” project is what we are looking at now, with Clement’s comments about not having a magic wand and his recent extended contract.

It seems like the board are putting faith in him to oversee a cost cutting exercise initially with a view to a longer term aim. Whether that comes to fruition I’m not so sure.

No magic wand? Is it not a magic hat that's needed at Ibrox?

4 hours ago, AJF said:

He probably means his TikTok account. And despite Kyogo putting out far more videos on there than Cantwell in his time at Rangers, there will probably be a reason as to why “that’s different”.

“But but but what about Kyogo” 😂

Going down the whataboutery route eh? 

Let me indulge you then. What Kyogo puts out on social media is vastly different from Cantwell, it’s almost entirely inoffensive, almost childlike and completely devoid of ego.

It’s the very opposite of Cantwell who wants to noise people up with the 56 on his shorts, the shush burger shite, getting into online spats with pundits etc etc. All of the shite you lapped up as it turned out.

The other big difference is Kyogo turns up for his team. Cantwell didn’t so just ended up looking like an arrogant, self obsessed wee fanny with a big mouth and an inability to back it up.

Edited by Jinky67

6 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

“But but but what about Kyogo” 😂

Going down the whataboutery route eh? 

Let me indulge you then. What Kyogo puts out on social media is vastly different from Cantwell, it’s almost entirely inoffensive, almost childlike and completely devoid of ego.

It’s the very opposite of Cantwell who wants to noise people up with the 56 on his shorts, the shush burger shite, getting into online spats with pundits etc etc. All of the shite you lapped up as it turned out.

The other big difference is Kyogo turns up for his team. Cantwell didn’t so just ended up looking like an arrogant, self obsessed wee fanny with a big mouth and an inability to back it up.

What is offensive about any of that and why would it be considered off field antics?

56 on his shorts and the shushburger ones especially I’m not sure why anyone would take offence to that, particularly Celtic fans considering each of them were posted after games not even involving them.

Spats with pundits turned out to be be Cantwell saying he thought Chris Sutton’s opinion was irrelevant after he himself lapped up the TikTok Todd stuff and criticised him publicly - outing himself as a hypocrite as well considering his previous comments about Cantwell when at Norwich 😂

ETA: I entirely understand people disliking Cantwell for his behaviour on the pitch, but branding a reference to Rangers aiming to win a title and a “shushburger” post as “off field antics” is a bit of a stretch. It’s not as if he went AWOL or was caught drunk driving or something like we’ve seen with others in the past.

Which brings me back to his TiKTok output. He was absolutely slated for this before anything you mentioned above took place. Not to mention a heavy dose of homophobia thrown into the mix for good measure.

Edited by AJF

I know there’s a sensitivity to the match threads, because “we’re premiership teams too!” (Boohoo)

But Who has the most cringeworthy tik tok videos is surely prime material to be hidden away in the specially created sub forum?

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s off field antics, obviously 

It's more about how he has to make everything about him, I think.

Even on Sunday he was making multiple posts before, during, and after, the game trying to "hint" that Clement is the problem and that he'd forced Cantwell out and in doing so cost you the game.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Even on Sunday he was making multiple posts before, during, and after, the game trying to "hint" that Clement is the problem and that he'd forced Cantwell out and in doing so cost you the game.

I never seen them to be honest, only his farewell message where he said he was leaving a different club to the one he joined. What did he say on Sunday?

I think my overarching point is he has hardly been bathed in controversy off the field. I said earlier, no qualms about people disliking Cantwell for his stuff on the field, I just feel the whole “TikTok Todd” moniker has been blown way out of proportion for him doing some harmless dances and posting it on social media.

The way he was attacked for that was rather embarrassing, in my opinion and it seems as though this has somehow grown into a perception that he was a problem off the field which just doesn’t seem to be the case.

The only evidence to suggest he has engaged in off field antics are social media posts relating to going for a league title, a “shushburger” post which I don’t think anyone really knows what it means?

ETA: The claim was that Cantwell was heavily criticised for his off field antics prior to joining Rangers and then continued that while he was here. I was unaware of any criticism of Cantwell off the field at Norwich. This only became a thing after he was branded TikTok Todd after moving to Rangers.

As I mentioned earlier, Sutton’s opinion of Cantwell changed dramatically after his move from Norwich to Rangers. That just encouraged a pile on.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm very much looking forward to seeing him hounded out of Blackburn after 18 months and posting like a menopausal maw on Facebook again.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I never seen them to be honest, only his farewell message where he said he was leaving a different club to the one he joined. What did he say on Sunday?

I think my overarching point is he has hardly been bathed in controversy off the field. I said earlier, no qualms about people disliking Cantwell for his stuff on the field, I just feel the whole “TikTok Todd” moniker has been blown way out of proportion for him doing some harmless dances and posting it on social media.

The way he was attacked for that was rather embarrassing, in my opinion and it seems as though this has somehow grown into a perception that he was a problem off the field which just doesn’t seem to be the case.

The only evidence to suggest he has engaged in off field antics are social media posts relating to going for a league title, a “shushburger” post which I don’t think anyone really knows what it means?

ETA: The claim was that Cantwell was heavily criticised for his off field antics prior to joining Rangers and then continued that while he was here. I was unaware of any criticism of Cantwell off the field at Norwich. This only became a thing after he was branded TikTok Todd after moving to Rangers.

As I mentioned earlier, Sutton’s opinion of Cantwell changed dramatically after his move from Norwich to Rangers. That just encouraged a pile on.

To be fair, @RandomGuy.said his tiktok posts would go down terribly if you aren't successful at the time of signing.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Was a selection of things all trying to convince Rangers fans to take his side and turn on Clement, really.

"Don't know what you've got until it's gone" as Celtic score their 3rd, type shit.

5 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

To be fair, @RandomGuy.said his tiktok posts would go down terribly if you aren't successful at the time of signing.

Which I’d agree with but when you look at his TikTok account, he has posted a total of 5 videos on there since he joined us. 3 of them are montage videos with clips of his highlights in various games with Rangers, 1 is a video of him ranking past footballers and another is some kind of modelling shoot.

I really don’t get what the issue is with them and why he has been criticised for using TikTok in that manner.