IRN-BRU Cup First Round Draw

Jaggy Snake

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First venues confirmed.

Cove Rangers will host Dundee 'B' at Station Park in Forfar on Tuesday 2nd August.

St Johnstone 'B' will host Turriff United at McDiarmid Park the same night.

If Wikipedia is to be believed then Inverness 'B' v Arbroath is at Clachnacuddin; Celtic 'B' v Annan is at Greenock; Motherwell 'B' v Edinburgh City at Airdrie; but possibly supposition.

Ross County 'B' v Brora Rangers - Victoria Park, Tuesday 2nd August.

Rangers U20s been confirmed for a friendly series in Durban from Fri 29th July to Sat 6th Aug. Are we going to end up with Rangers U17 v Stirling Uni XI?

East Stirlingshire's Lowland League game v Stirling Uni on 10 August has been postponed, probably to allow Sevco U20 v Stirling Uni to be played that week.

I would've thought the SPFL would have a minimum price for competitive games. We are now travelling to Inverness on a Tuesday night to play their u20s and we don't even receive gate money. Absolute farce.

I would've thought the SPFL would have a minimum price for competitive games. We are now travelling to Inverness on a Tuesday night to play their u20s and we don't even receive gate money. Absolute farce.

I'm assuming your club would've agreed for it to be free entry

St Johnstone 'B' are doing almost the same as ICT... admitting ST holders free, walk-ups tba. Ross County 'B' are charging £5.

So on top of everything else we've now got ties generating minimal or no gate income and even (if Kicker is right) ties making way for South African youth challenge matches?

On 06/07/2016 at 0:34 AM, Marr1 said:

This competition is a fucking farce.

Should be binned for next season.

Surprised at your response since this might be your only chance to play against your near neighbours this season :)

Next year return to the previous structure which worked well for lower league clubs.

10 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Glad that we are making it free entry.  An absolute joke.

I'd expect Abroath to easily beat our under 20s.  Who is benefiting from this?

If we put aside the argument of the U-20 teams being involved at all (haven't made my mind up on this yet), as I've said before, wherever possible the U-20 sides should be drawn away from home. I'm actually quite looking forward to our home game against Hearts U-20s, mainly for the novelty value in fairness, had this been at Riccarton, I can't imagine who would actually go and watch it. As it's at Forthbank, I'd expect the crowd to be similar to a game against another diddy league team we've played a million times before.

This first edition of the revamped cup is a bit of a learning curve. I'm not convinced it'll be a success, but I'll give it a season to see what happens.  

I fucking hope our players go out and do the right thing and get themselves put out. Save them (and the fans) any more daft midweek (or even weekend tbf) journeys to play kids teams.

I fucking hope our players go out and do the right thing and get themselves put out. Save them (and the fans) any more daft midweek (or even weekend tbf) journeys to play kids teams.

If u-20 teams start beating established league sides it will only further the impression they should be part of the set up.

Give them a pumping and let everyone see it is a pointless farce including these sides.

If u-20 teams start beating established league sides it will only further the impression they should be part of the set up.

Give them a pumping and let everyone see it is a pointless farce including these sides.

The scores won't mean anything. The complete non interest in it from fans will. Regardless of the scores this'll be pulled.

Absolute minter that we have to do this never mind clubs like Hibs and United. Who's own under 20s are probably better.

They should make that clown Doncaster put his hand in his pocket and subsidise both clubs. Some chance. Joke competition which with the League Cup sections being introduced should have been binned.

Archived