Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I have been using Twitter since before it was cool and I have never seen these dot/coloured circles you talk of on that platform. 

Are you drunk? 

Going by that particular poster's penchant for using racist terminology and seeing no problem with it, I think he may struggle to get his head around how The Twitter works.

On 08/09/2020 at 18:37, Scary Bear said:

To you it’s a racial slur, to me it’s an abbreviation for Japanese.

20200727_134359.gif.7950f7d33c12a899ed09fafb82e99424.gif

I can understand the need to have people of colour play the appropriate characters in productions and racism in the picture above. I'm less sure about impersonation as entertainment. If I had my own show, could I never do Mugabe or Amin? Would it be more acceptable not to "black up" and only do the voices?

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I can understand the need to have people of colour play the appropriate characters in productions and racism in the picture above. I'm less sure about impersonation as entertainment. If I had my own show, could I never do Mugabe or Amin? Would it be more acceptable not to "black up" and only do the voices?

It's a fucking joke that with all his acting talent they still insist on making Denzel Washington play the black guy in films. 

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

hrhm. *hot take* I think with voice acting in isolation it's far more important how the character is portrayed than who does the voice; having it so only white people can voice white characters, asians voicing asians etc. etc. is a little absurd.

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Depends what the subject of the comedy is, if you dressed up as Mugabe and forced anyone living on a farm with purple flowers off their land then it wouldn't matter what colour you were because you are laughing at Mugabe. If you had a scene with him in his office eating fried chicken smoking weed and deciding to get rid of the whites then of course that would be racist as it's using lazy inaccurate stereotypes and laughing at a whole race and not the nutter.

Ben Kingsley's played a cockney gangster, Mahatma Gandhi and a Polish Jew in Schindler's list.  I don't see why it's needed anyway, the audience always know that the actor isn't actually the character they're playing, it's called suspension of disbelief. Think it would take me about 5 minutes for me to get over a black actor playing Winston Churchill, and about the same if a white actor played Malcolm X.