Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

1 minute ago, Tynieness said:

Some of the posts are abhorrent, the Penguin character who was previously banned and the Cameron creature are both gone.  You can still see there quote posts for when they come scuttling back.   Feel free to re-register you will be emptied again.

Reprehensible characters.

Who was Penguin before? Thought he was slimier than the outright beast Cameron.

The Goodwillie case is fairly controversial. I was quite unhappy when we signed him, but grew to accept it slightly as he was going through the appeal process. In that time, with no exaggeration, he single handedly kept us in the football league, for which I am eternally grateful for.

That said, I am uncomfortable that we continue to employ him now all appeal routes have been exhausted. I would prefer that he wasn’t employed by us.

Some of the comments made in that thread are absolutely abhorrent.

The Goodwillie case is fairly controversial. I was quite unhappy when we signed him, but grew to accept it slightly as he was going through the appeal process. In that time, with no exaggeration, he single handedly kept us in the football league, for which I am eternally grateful for.

That said, I am uncomfortable that we continue to employ him now all appeal routes have been exhausted. I would prefer that he wasn’t employed by us.

^^^^ looking for cover up ideas for his "Goodwillie Is Innocent" tattoo.

More or less where I stand.

There is an argument over whether someone should continue to be employed by a football club when he has been found guilty of rape... if that guilty clause is done by civil court and therefore on the balance of probability rather than the absolute evidence required for a criminal court finding of guilty.

Personally I'd rather he didn't play for us, but I can see how others would argue otherwise based on the above.

What I can't get my head around is the people wishing to speak ill of a woman who, on the balance of probabilities, is a rape victim. The accusations of her being a gold-digger or a whore are utterly repellent.

If Goodwillie played for Thistle or QP the same posters would have a 100% opposite attitude to the player.

If Clyde fans said that Goodwillie deserves to be rehabilitated, that he’s been punished or that he has a right to earn a living then I could understand it. It’s the sweaty palmed glee that some on that thread have leaped into abuse of the complainant that’s disturbing.

22 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If Clyde fans said that Goodwillie deserves to be rehabilitated, that he’s been punished or that he has a right to earn a living then I could understand it. It’s the sweaty palmed glee that some on that thread have leaped into abuse of the complainant that’s disturbing.

Aye, that's what was so reprehensible about it.

It's perfectly valid to discuss the rights and wrongs of employing a player in that situation, and also to point out that it was a civil case which determined Goodwillie's guilt rather than a criminal case, but you can make those arguments without descending into victim-blaming or rape apologism. In that thread abhorrent views like that were the starting point of their arguments. Some of them went even further and seemed to be actively celebrating his behaviour.

Supporting a team is through blind faith, through thick and thin.

Sticking up for a sex offenders, and trting to blame the victim, has nothing to do with supporting a team. Feel sick at the thought of sticking up for a rapist cos he plays for your team.

Very few clyde fans coming out of that thread appear normal, the majority are scumbags and I long for the day they wash up in the 8th tier of the pyramid 

Peg selling c***s

Whether or not he should be employed by the club, or how rehabilitation works is a debate that hasn't been had on that thread; but rather there's been actual posters commenting on sex noises and if the woman was a 'slapper'.  Some Clyde fans evidently think it's their duty to exonerate a player when actual experts or the accused themselves have not been able to do so. Ridiculous behaviour, and unfortunately this has changed the notion of Clyde fans on here from being seething messes about football to actual rape apologists. 

Thankfully the more prominent Clyde posters on here and on General Nonsense etc don’t seem too bad but holy c**t there are some utter bams on that Clyde thread. Had no idea there were so many twats in their support.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

Thankfully the more prominent Clyde posters on here and on General Nonsense etc don’t seem too bad but holy c**t there are some utter bams on that Clyde thread. Had no idea there were so many twats in their support.

have you ever been to a Clyde match.... after just one season in the SPFL our eyes were certainly opened!  

have you ever been to a Clyde match.... after just one season in the SPFL our eyes were certainly opened!  

I went a few times when we were both in the old Division One but were were never housed in the same stand as the home fans and I can’t say I’ve ever spoken to one in person.

A different breed by the sounds of things.

Clyde fans are fun, early 00s they all had huge stauners about almost reaching the top flight and how their "dormant fanbase" would arise and they'd charge into the top half. A win over Celtic strengthened these delusions. Over a decade later and most still believe theyre some form of "sleeping giant" of the Scottish game