The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

13 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Can I ask?,  excuse my ignorance if its something I've missed.  I've been to a few Tranent games over the years including the playoff win against Darvel and been to some EK games in the past couple of years and I've actually enjoyed the experience of watching both but unsure why, regarding your comment that I've put in bold, why it is the best for everyone?  I think Ek this year have been superb in the league, they are favorites and play good football and also spending the cash and as players, I'd say every player would love to play against EK who are fielding a strong squad so they can play against the best and beat the best in their league, which i suppose in this case its EK

Purely because it's clearly such an obvious 'go up at all costs' approach from them and the disparity in quality will only grow more as they spend more to match that ambition. I personally wouldn't want to see them goose a playoff final to have another go at this next season.

On 18/01/2024 at 18:14, Clyde01 said:

If we are down there it will be on sporting merit and we can’t have any complaint.

If you end up in the SPFL it’s because you’ve splaffed ludicrous amounts of cash to see off some students, postmen and old firm kids you seem to love so much.

Whilst your manager loves to sound off against the b-teams you voted them to stay in. Whilst he loves to talk of sporting integrity, he’s buying the league. Whilst you throw mental money at players from tiers above you are grovelling for cash for an injured boys op.

Would that be the same “students” that horsed Clyde at Hamilton recently?

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

I guess Kennedy moaning about high levels of injuries at the weekend followed by the “conditioning coaches” leaving 3 days later are not related 👀

There is more to this than meets the eye by the looks of it. They have put out a statement saying they were leaving and not long after it have tweeted their unacceptable behaviour policy. It could be coincidence but seems very strange.

I can absolutely,  100% confirm the unacceptable policy message has nothing whatsoever to do with anything else other than a timely reminder about behaviour.  

If you watch this most recent Open Goal (think it was the fans forum?), Si Ferry gets all passionate about youngsters not getting a chance at their clubs.

I had to laugh though as his current LOWLAND LEAGUE team have just recorded their 30th signing of the season and I happen to know that not one of the EK staff (from Mick Kennedy down) have even bothered to watch ONE SINGLE GAME featuring the EK U20’s (who have been flying this season).

They have some cracking young players that aren’t being looked at (let alone assessed) whilst the first team signs player-after-player-after-player.

I could understand if the 20’s were hopeless but they have racked up over 60 goals already this season in the league alone.

Bit of a shame I think but anyway…

41 minutes ago, ekok said:

I can absolutely,  100% confirm the unacceptable policy message has nothing whatsoever to do with anything else other than a timely reminder about behaviour.  

You can see how it looks though, probably not the best timed tweet.

1 hour ago, Ged84 said:

If you watch this most recent Open Goal (think it was the fans forum?), Si Ferry gets all passionate about youngsters not getting a chance at their clubs.

I had to laugh though as his current LOWLAND LEAGUE team have just recorded their 30th signing of the season and I happen to know that not one of the EK staff (from Mick Kennedy down) have even bothered to watch ONE SINGLE GAME featuring the EK U20’s (who have been flying this season).

They have some cracking young players that aren’t being looked at (let alone assessed) whilst the first team signs player-after-player-after-player.

I could understand if the 20’s were hopeless but they have racked up over 60 goals already this season in the league alone.

Both of them like to make a lot of noise to con the uninitiated, but none of them have the balls to practice what they preach 

18 hours ago, Ged84 said:

My favourite Ferryism is talking about playing the right way all the way up to the first team and doesn’t get why teams change when it comes to first team football yet anytime broomhill were losing last season he would chuck Broadfoot up top. 

So the club have managed to open the vault again to sign Balde on a permanent transfer from Arbroath.  

As much as Balde has probably always wanted to play for East Kilbride since he was a nipper (or at least when he became aware they existed six months ago and are awash with money) I doubt he is taking a salary drop to leave Arbroath, who pay their players pretty well for a part time team.

Wonder what ratio of wages to turnover that is now?. I’d have said maybe 700% before this, probably 800% now.

29 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Balde & Daramola on either side of John Robertson 😆😆😆

This makes Keltys LL spending look like small change.

The John Robertson that was at EC ? Would've taken him in a heartbeat at Kelty

I am sure EK fans don’t give a toss what anyone else thinks, they are just enjoying the endless stream of talent coming through the doors. I am also sure they are hoping for a successful run in the play offs and to eventually land in the promised land. The questions I have are, what if they don’t make it after throwing the kitchen sink at it? Where would that leave MK, who has undoubtedly had at least a league one budget to spend, and  the biggest budget in LL history? Will the owners go again if it goes wrong? 
Personally I think this is their year, but if it’s not there are huge questions to answer.

7 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

I am sure EK fans don’t give a toss what anyone else thinks, they are just enjoying the endless stream of talent coming through the doors. I am also sure they are hoping for a successful run in the play offs and to eventually land in the promised land. The questions I have are, what if they don’t make it after throwing the kitchen sink at it? Where would that leave MK, who has undoubtedly had at least a league one budget to spend, and  the biggest budget in LL history? Will the owners go again if it goes wrong? 
Personally I think this is their year, but if it’s not there are huge questions to answer.

Anything less than promotion this season is failure for EK, so there is some pressure to get it over the line.

They still need to prove they can gel all these players together, but have plenty time to do that, and I agree that this is their time.

7 hours ago, To B or not B said:

I've been watching East Kilbride now for 6 or 7 seasons.

We've came up against some brilliant teams these past few years, kelty, Spartans, bonnyrigg and in the playoffs cove rangers.

This year we are the team to beat and it's obvious with the vociferous comments on here regarding our team, signings and management.

Some of the crap directed at mk is laughable, more often than not from people that have never met the guy.

I'd be be surprised if any fan critical of him would be unhappy if he was appointed manager of their team.

He's always come across as friendly and approachable at east Kilbride. Sorry if this doesn't fit your narrative.

Unfortunately the modern game is about money, spending, money and spending, if you don't realise this you're either a fool or a romanticist.

Yes EK have outspent the rest of the teams in the lowland league, do I feel bad about that? No. Am I frustrated about that, absolutely. We've signed and ditched players before I can even get to know their names.

Do I have influence on that? Absolutely not.

East Kilbride is a massive town with a massive potential. We have fans in strathaven, eaglesham, jackton, Blantyre and surrounding areas, the catchment is huge.

I do think we'll win the league. Will we win a play off against a team like brechin? I don't know.

I do fancy our chances if we do and meet a team like Clyde.

If we do win promotion, i will always without word of a lie watch the lowland league. I think the teams in it, apart from the colts are great clubs and I've enjoyed all my away visits this year. I'm looking forward to cowden this weekend.

Mon the kilby