La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

He's a bit of a thundercunt to be honest.

Did you know Pique once called Messi a thundercunt when they roomed together on an under-15s trip to Largs after Messi knocked over Pique's knickerbocker glory in Nardini's?

Much like the Man City game, Madrid seemed to have very little idea what to do in the final third but some woeful defending cost Barcelona and helped Madrid out. Very disappointed in the quality of both teams at the top end of the pitch and Barcelona looked well short of what you'd expect. Braithwaite was surprisingly good when he came on but Courtois didn't have a huge amount to do.

As an aside, Bein Sports must spend some amount of money on their coverage - not only a fancy studio in Doha but a proper studio set up in the Bernabau (none of those cramped wee booths the Sky commentators were in when they used to throw over to them to prove they had people in the stadium and not just watching in London, it had loads of room and two tables with their logo on them) and Xavi as the pundit being live translated into Arabic. All this for a game that kicked off at 11pm Qatar time (yes I know Bein also broadcast to the likes of Tunisia and Egypt).

9 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

He is a bit up his own arse but definitely knows his stuff. I go on and off him

I knew,without going back through the other posts,that it was graham hunter being talked about.i remember many years ago watching skys revista de la liga show that id fast forward his bits,couldve listened to guillem ballega all day though.hunters problem is he just adores the sound of his own voice

On 24/02/2020 at 09:05, JMDP said:

Really good 3-1 win for Atleti mast night to put them in third in what has been the best week of their season so far. Not only inciting a prolonged headsgone from Liverpool after Tuesday, but the return to fitness of Gimenez, Trippier, Costa and Felix is vital for the rest of the season.

Sluggish start last night and a great hit from Alcacer put Villareal ahead. They never really threatened after that though and Correa was again fantastic, scoring an equaliser and setting up the second. The second was a lovely goal, koke smashing in a header after good work from Correa and Felix. Nice to see Joao Felix get the third, he made a huge impact after coming on and hopefully helps him push on. 

Next week's classico could be interesting. A Barca win against the Vox XI gives them a handy lead which seemed unlikely a couple of weeks ago. The battle for Champs League qualification is really tightening up too. 

20200223_225009.jpg

I read an article about Gimenez recently, doesn't sound good at all.  He has sustained 16 injuries in his 3.5 years at Atletico.  14 of these have been muscular injuries, and two impact.

He has now missed about 57 games in 3.5 years, for comparison Godin missed 30 games in 7 years.

Gimenez if fit is possibly the best defender in the world, and was set to take over from Godin and become a massive player there.  Its the perfect club and team for him, he is perfect for them.  At 25 just hitting his peak.

But, similarly to Umtiti at Barca, there are serious concerns about his ability to stay fit.  Its just been one long succession of muscular injuries, he gets fit, plays a game or three or five, gets injured again.

This latest injury he got fit again, was on the bench unused for three games in a row, then they didn't take him to Espanyol last week.  Its looks like he's basically fucked, which is a real shame.

Hopefully they can get him fully fit by the start of next season and adapt his training regime, change his body shape, managed his game time better. Just whatever it takes to keep him fit because he's a massive player for them and makes them a better team.  Plus he'll be on a big salary and the identity of that team is centred round guys like him.

Don't watch a lot of La Liga these days since they made the suicidal decision to sell it to Premier Sports, but Betis have absolutely battered Real Madrid.

It's a real shame that Atletico, Valencia, Sevilla, Villarreal or anyone else haven't put a good team together, because every time I've seen Barcelona or Real Madrid they've not been up to much.

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Don't watch a lot of La Liga these days since they made the suicidal decision to sell it to Premier Sports, but Betis have absolutely battered Real Madrid.

It's a real shame that Atletico, Valencia, Sevilla, Villarreal or anyone else haven't put a good team together, because every time I've seen Barcelona or Real Madrid they've not been up to much.

It’s great to watch a competitive league though. 

42 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You're right, you don't watch much of La Liga.