Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Suprised that nobody is discussing the EU Canada trade deal that now looks likely to go ahead. EU getting stronger while Brexit remains a shambles.

CETA abolishes 98% of EU tariffs for Canadian trade. There's no freedom of movement of course. That sets a valuable precedent for the Brexit negotiations. Any wise Government would wait and analyse the Canadian deal. It  would not reveal its negotiating stance before triggering Article 50. Since the economy is performing well above the doomsday prediction of the Treasury's Project Fear, there is no shambles.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

21 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

CETA abolishes 98% of EU tariffs for Canadian trade. There's no freedom of movement of course. That sets a valuable precedent for the Brexit negotiations. Any wise Government would wait and analyse the Canadian deal. It  would not reveal its negotiating stance before triggering Article 50. Since the economy is performing well above the doomsday prediction of the Treasury's Project Fear, there is no shambles.

It's taken since 2004 to negotiate that one, how many more treaties would we have to make?

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Jesus f**k. I'm not even going to start.

No, I will. Your high class degree taught you the grand total of f**k all if you think a deal with a North American country that has never been in the EU sets a 'valuable precedent' for anything, never mind Brexit negotiations. Reading your pish makes me feel like Apu explaining to Principal Skinner about his idea for a book about a futuristic theme park.

Quite an interesting story from Lithuania during the week. There an 'anti emigration' party came from nowhere to win the election.

They ran on a promise to limit the amount of young Lithuanians leaving the country and going to places like... well places like Britain. Over half the emigrants leaving there have came here since 2004 and their population has fell by 10% as a result, and they won. Can understand why, if that continues they'll hardly be anyone left in the east of Europe in a generation.

The free movement of people isn't working on both sides of the divide. The brain drain of talent from east to west is causing problems on both sides of the continent, and it's about to end.

The thing is, I saw an article in the Express and they were furiously tugging on their wee boners over the break down in negotiations over the EU Canada deal. They were absolutely loving it and it gave them a platform to give the EU some stick.

Fast forward a few days and Belgium announces they have come to an agreement to go forward with the deal - and it looks like it's pretty much going to happen. Really embarrassing stuff from the Express, hilarious in fact. All the right wing morons were saying the EU is going to fall apart after Brexit. Doesn't look like that though does it? Even more of a reason now for Scotland to get back in.

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It's taken since 2004 to negotiate that one, how many more treaties would we have to make?

One treaty - the Brexit Treaty. Canada is not an existing EU member and was starting from the position of an outsider. The EU has a massive existing trade deficit with Britain with which its member states have traded for over 50 years. 

9 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Jesus f**k. I'm not even going to start.

No, I will. Your high class degree taught you the grand total of f**k all if you think a deal with a North American country that has never been in the EU sets a 'valuable precedent' for anything, never mind Brexit negotiations. Reading your pish makes me feel like Apu explaining to Principal Skinner about his idea for a book about a futuristic theme park.

Abolishing 98% of tariffs for a North American country, that has naturally not been in the EU, does set a precedent. It's important because those tariffs have been abolished for such a country. 

Your pathetic obsession with game theory and the Simpsons is pathetic. I treat your shite posts as childish trolling, confirmed by your ridiculous user name.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

7 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

One treaty - the Brexit Treaty. Canada is not an existing EU member and was starting from the position of an outsider. The EU has a massive existing trade deficit with Britain with which its member states have traded for over 50 years. 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/10/uk-trade-deficit-hits-new-record-of-24bn-pounds-eu-referendum-brexit

Other way round?

8 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Does any Diddy on here support brexit or are happy to let England make this fundamental decision?

I let England decide cos I abstained at the Brexit vote.

Just like they (English politicians) decide all the important decisions regarding Scotland and the UK.

Trident, bombing Syria comes tae mind.

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Yes. I was in a hurry to go an appointment when I typed the post. The deficit widened before the referendum but should reduce due to £'s devaluation over the last few months.

Britain is a huge market for EU businesses, especially those in Germany and France. Then there are the EU businesses that have invested in the UK, e.g. German car manufacturers and supermarket chains. 

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37787008

The Poles looking to leave the UK after Brexit

That's a typical anti-Brexit article from the BBC. It's been running interviews like that for the last few months.

Where are the statistics on the percentage of Poles, backed by polling or other research, that are planning to leave?

18 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Wow! And the award for 'longest post of pish' goes to......... RedStarStranraer.

Couple of points....I said our politicians are politically immature, not that Scotland was politically immature that's your disingenuous waffle. Go back and read the original post. So you've disproved nothing.

I don't know why you feel you have to  try to pull apart my highlighting of the awful record of the SNP in Government whilst at the same time agreeing with me....Why not simply agree with me at the outset instead of tying yourself in knots?

Focusing on party political pish isn't drivel and No. you haven't dealt with it. I have.  The SNP should drop the indyref bollocks and sort out our education system that's failing our kids ( which you and I agree on !!) You compare it with 'Down South' WTF? That's irrelevant. If our kids are getting a shit education and Down South is getting a worse one ( which they are not btw) is that ok? As for the Uni's.....It's a hollow source of pride if children from less affluent backgrounds are suffering to get a decent basic education whilst middle class kids, rich kids and foreign students are doing well at Uni.

They should drop the indyref bollocks and sort out the Scottish NHS where a report out today agreed with everything I said about low morale , underfunding and unsustainable budget cuts. NHS is not keeping pace with demand. Key targets missed, Increasing cost pressure etc ......... You can just watch Reporting Scotland tonight then come back if you  still think I'm talking pish .

You agree with me  that the SNP is centralising power, but criticise me for highlighting it....What's that about? And, no, the SNP don't give a f*ck about the Borders.

You agree that  the SNP aren't perfect but don't like someone else saying it. Even Sturgeon said tonight they're not perfect.

Going back to my original argument, I stand by what I said about our second rate politicians delivering a second rate political service to the Scottish people.  That manifests itself in this constant obsession with indyref2 , the lack of tolerance to criticism and going all out to undermine  Brexit as personified by Alyn Smith's cringeworthy plea to Brussels to 'Not Let Scotland Down'. So f*cking embarrassing.

Any decent Scottish politicians always end up 'Down South'. If we could stop that happening we might have a chance.

Any way, don't bother trying to deconstruct this post. I'm not interested in your opinion because you don't read my posts properly and you end up slagging me off and at the same time agreeing with me....

Never mind quoting the Daily Mail front page you are not by any chance writing it ???

Next you'll be telling us that a car company deciding to maintain it's present workforce in Britain is wroth celebrating as if they had announced 30,000 new jobs being created.  Oh wait a second......they already have (as did the PM embarassingly)