Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

13 hours ago, btb said:

Amber Rudd launches her leadership bid!

...............and in the other blue corner previous runner-up - Angela Leadsom!  :boxing

Andrea Leadsom has rebuked Amber Rudd after the work and pensions secretary broke ranks with the government by saying there was a “plausible argument” for a second referendum if MPs voted down the EU withdrawal bill.

Leadsom, the leader of the House of Commons, said: “We won’t have a second referendum. That is not government policy.”

There is no practical to way to tie workers together in solidarity when you have tens of thousands of short term workers entering and leaving the country every year. No one has any issue with excluding Nigerians, Congolese, Chinese, Bangladeshis etc to protect living standards so why not Eastern Europeans?  Especially when you consider that for EEs participating in class struggle in their own countries isn't that bad an option (ii) the ones that are absolutely desperate to be exploited in western Europe still have half a dozen other EU countries that will happily do it.
It's funny how this level of utopianism is only applied to a policy that provides cheap labour to capitalism. When it comes to wage levels, benefits, employment law, housing etc pragmatism rules. Liberal policies to drive down the cost of labour have been accepted by people on the left who are overly focused the rights of the individual.

citizensmith_9511.jpg

Putin says holding second referendum on Brexit would be undemocratic :lol:

Was it not a referendum? Someone disliked the result, so repeat it over and over? Is this democracy? What then would be the point of the referendum in the first place?

38 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

@Ross. might find some comfort here.

image.thumb.png.29f3e3dfa87e963ff4b18f57b4efbd3e.png

Was never particularly worried on this point, the reality of moving every c**t would have proven far too expensive for all concerned so this was always going to be the outcome.

That said, I’m heading home for the weekend and if you don’t let me back out on Sunday I will also claim I knew that was going to happen too...

Firms told to prepare for no deal Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46645130

I can’t put into words just how livid I am with this.

I don’t export to the EU but all my suppliers import from the EU and any disruption will cause chaos and businesses going bust.  That is no exaggeration.

The idea that we could prepare for this is ludicrous.

I take succour from the knowledge that ‘No Deal’ won't happen, but I am furious that the MSM is helping the Tories peddle this lie.

40 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t export to the EU but all my suppliers import from the EU and any disruption will cause chaos and businesses going bust.  That is no exaggeration.

I take succour from the knowledge that ‘No Deal’ won't happen, but I am furious that the MSM is helping the Tories peddle this lie.

You posted a BBC link - it's no surprise that they are peddling this lie as you say.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I've been getting an increasing amount of mail from suppliers, banks and the government in recent weeks. I've been saying it since before the referendum but the inability for anyone to acknowledge practicalities of Brexit has been astounding. Only now are the people in charge seeming to get their head round that we won't be able to continue as normal.

In summary (in the event of a no deal Brexit): all the banks are moving their resources that deal with the EEA (the UK) to what will be the EEA (Not the UK), I'm going to have to fill in a pile of shite to register for stuff, VAT accounting is going to have to get made up on the spot, and trading goods outside the UK is going to take up more time than actually producing the fuckers. Who's going to want to buy your stuff if it costs a fortune and takes an age to actually get it delivered?

No deal will see a pile of folk going out of business within a week. One of the businesses I work for may as well close down on the 29th March if something isn't sorted out. The other may as well lay off half of its staff. 

Anyone that has dealt will export/import from outside the EU will recognise the shitstorm that may be on the way.

I've been getting an increasing amount of mail from suppliers, banks and the government in recent weeks. I've been saying it since before the referendum but the inability for anyone to acknowledge practicalities of Brexit has been astounding. Only now are the people in charge seeming to get their head round that we won't be able to continue as normal.
In summary (in the event of a no deal Brexit): all the banks are moving their resources that deal with the EEA (the UK) to what will be the EEA (Not the UK), I'm going to have to fill in a pile of shite to register for stuff, VAT accounting is going to have to get made up on the spot, and trading goods outside the UK is going to take up more time than actually producing the fuckers. Who's going to want to buy your stuff if it costs a fortune and takes an age to actually get it delivered?
No deal will see a pile of folk going out of business within a week. One of the businesses I work for may as well close down on the 29th March if something isn't sorted out. The other may as well lay off half of its staff. 
Anyone that has dealt will export/import from outside the EU will recognise the shitstorm that may be on the way.

I mean you and your business no harm, but there's a growing bit of me that would welcome the meteor hurtling towards the UK to crash fully and devastatingly to the effect that things can NEVER be the same again.

The problem with that as a means of exorcising the utter madness currently gripping British politics and much of the population is that there is probably more likelihood of a police state emerging than a lasting realignment which ended the undemocratic farce we ensure right now.

And I have no doubt that business failures and soaring job losses will only be a part of it. Such is the symbiotic connectivity of modern life that even May's stinking pile of shit will result in untold misery, major health crises and a spiralling increase in homelessness and premature death.

Unless some sort of wise counsel prevails we are about to march into a minefield.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I mean you and your business no harm, but there's a growing bit of me that would welcome the meteor hurtling towards the UK to crash fully and devastatingly to the effect that things can NEVER be the same again.

The problem with that as a means of exorcising the utter madness currently gripping British politics and much of the population is that there is probably more likelihood of a police state emerging than a lasting realignment which ended the undemocratic farce we ensure right now.

And I have no doubt that business failures and soaring job losses will only be a part of it. Such is the symbiotic connectivity of modern life that even May's stinking pile of shit will result in untold misery, major health crises and a spiralling increase in homelessness and premature death.

Unless some sort of wise counsel prevails we are about to march into a minefield.

I'm with you, actually. I'm only an employee and wouldn't mind seeing how it all pans out. I've got a couple of quid in the bank and four bags of flour in the cupboard for all my bread needs. Tins of beans too.

While unhappy with how the vote went, I was always sure that the c***s in charge would have it signed, sealed and delivered by now so wasn't too bothered. I'm despaired at how little the c***s in charge actually know about anything. Hopefully it will lead to the end of these born to rule fuckers and a new way of doing things in the future if it happens.

As someone who's getting on a bit and no longer confident that I could compete with the hoards competing to steal potatoes and turnips from the fields outside Inverness, I don't welcome the shit hitting the fan. During the 2008 debacle I approved of us bailing out the greedy fuckers who caused it, just so cashpoints would keep working, assuming the c***s would personally have to eventually pay for it. They didn't, we did, and the current global shitfest is down to that huge mistake.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hopefully those who voted for brexit will be noble enough to fall on their swords first when it comes to redundancies?

No but the ones who can afford it will be the first to f**k off out of it.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Like JJJJS I sympathise.  It would be satisfying to see the whole house of cards just collapsing.  However, as you say, it would be the most vulnerable who would bear the brunt.

On 12/20/2018 at 07:37, jupe1407 said:

Unfortunately many do, like the fucking moron you quoted. 

That theory doesn't take any account of the fact that fruit farmers need a committed and motivated workforce for 6-8 months out of the year. Giving someone the choice between forced labour for the equivalent of about £2 per hour or starvation helps no one. The farmer is going to get a large unhappy workforce who will do the absolute minimum necessary. A scheme to get long term unemployed would, like almost every other piece of "welfare reform" be more expensive to run than it would actually save. By the time you've sorted out transport costs, insurance, adapted the UC system to take account of 6-8 months out of the system, systems to monitor attendance etc etc, it becomes hugely counter-productive, especially as the actual percentage spend from the Welfare Budget on working age jobseekers is comparatively miniscule. 

All it does is give absolute no-righters some weird sense of satisfaction that poor folk are getting "what they deserve"

Unrelated, but what's the chat been with regards to human rights after we're out of the EU? The Tories used to do a lot of mithering about how restrictive the European Convention on Human Rights is, and it was one of their main reasons for wanting to leave. Think they tried to whip up popular support by complaining about prisoners having TVs and victims having to pay compensation to burglars for living in an unsafe environment for them to thieve in.

As I say, completely unrelated. Can't think why it popped into my head, really.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Unrelated, but what's the chat been with regards to human rights after we're out of the EU? The Tories used to do a lot of mithering about how restrictive the European Convention on Human Rights is, and it was one of their main reasons for wanting to leave. Think they tried to whip up popular support by complaining about prisoners having TVs and victims having to pay compensation to burglars for living in an unsafe environment for them to thieve in.

On the plus side May's get together with the Belarus Dictator and the Pope to celebrate being the only European Nations unconcerned with human rights should be a blast.

23 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The ECHR isn't part of the EU so nothing changes.